• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavy1metal

Jul 26, 2013
    Lived in Maryland for roughly 13 years now, Roanoke, Virginia before. I've owned a Marlin Model 60 for as long as I can remember, but wasn't until the new rifle ban that I decided to become active. Not keen on having choice taken away from me. So I'm actually headed out today to go do a transfer for an AR15 (BCM upper / LAI lower) and afterwards signing up with the NRA. Possibly moving back to VA next year depending on how this bill works out, already have a friend interested in moving out there with me.

Gskwared

Supreme Being
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    Welcome to the forum. It sucks that you had to be drawn here because of stupid politics. Well at least you are here and helping the cause.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Welcome to the forum! My thought is that if you can find a feasible way, get out of Maryland. If Owe'Malley can find a way to tax it, he will, and the gun laws are draconian. IMO you'd be better off.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 95

heavy1metal

Jul 26, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :-) It sucks we have such a great state full of great communities to only be ran by... yea... lol. Look forward to some meetups at some point :-)

I do plan to move to Northern VA about a year from now, but a lot can change in 12 months, right? /crosses fingers. I live in Montgomery Co and the taxes are sky high, if nothing else I'd like to escape that too.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Roanoke VA. Been there.

Always interesting flying in and out of there.

I was on a plane once coming into Roanoke on a particularly windy day close to the cockpit. I specifically heard the automated warning say "Altitude!!!" Freaked me out. I got past it.....

Well anywhere but except Maryland is better than here save kalifornia or GD New Jersey! (Charlie don't surf!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom