• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bunnybunny

Mar 3, 2016
    Hello, just moved to maryland but haven't assembled my rifles yet.

I just want to clarify that a 13.7in AR15 5.56 SBR does not need an HBAR AND my telescoping stock does not count as a feature? My suppressor is the only thing that counts as a feature? This would also apply to my 6.5 grendel AR, which has a telescoping stock at 16in barrel?

shiza

Oct 16, 2020
    Carroll County
    With SBR's and AR's outside of 5.56 or .223, the HBAR rule doesn't not apply. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a telescoping stock does not count as a "feature". Only folding stocks do.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    With SBR's and AR's outside of 5.56 or .223, the HBAR rule doesn't not apply. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but a telescoping stock does not count as a "feature". Only folding stocks do.
    Correct-- and SBRs need to meet the 29" OAL. Measured from stock (open all the way) to end of barrel (not flash hider or muzzle break). Unless such device is pinned and welded to the barrel

bunnybunny

Mar 3, 2016
    Okay great, so my SBR 13.7 is more than good.

My good friend/business partner who has an FFL has my SAM7SF 7.62x39. If there is not a muzzle break and only a side folding stock, that gun is still banned correct since it's an "AK COPY"?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hello, just moved to maryland but haven't assembled my rifles yet.

I just want to clarify that a 13.7in AR15 5.56 SBR does not need an HBAR AND my telescoping stock does not count as a feature? My suppressor is the only thing that counts as a feature? This would also apply to my 6.5 grendel AR, which has a telescoping stock at 16in barrel?
    To be clear, when you say 13.7" SBR, you are referring directly to barrel length and nothing else?

SBRs in Md made since 10/1/13 must have a OAL greater than 29", with stocks fully extended. They cannot be any shorter.

Telescopic stocks do not count as evil features. They are GTG.

Folding stocks will count as an evil feature only if they are on a semi-auto, center fire gun and only if they can be fired in semi-automatic fashion(not as a single shot rifle). Single shot and bolt action rifles do not apply to this rule.

"LAW" type folding stocks DO NOT count as evil features as long as the gun cannot be fired semi-automatically while in the folded condition.

Welcome to Merryland and MDShooters! Enjoy your stay.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Did you do a couple of stretches in Walpole?

:D

1. Do I need an FFL? (Baltimore, Help Obtaining)

I am moving to Baltimore this summer for graduate school. I am the chief financial officer and responsible person on an 07 FFL and 08 FFL. My business partner and I have plenty of receipts and the business is very close to six figure income, so I can provide all of those documents to MSP. We...
    2. B

Wrenn PI Granted (DC Shall Issue)

Breyer is 79 RBG is is 84 RBG has had cancer twice and a stent put in her heart. Average life expectancy for a male is 76.3 and 81.3 for a female. SSA link you have posted is the only one that claims that high of a life expectancy. They also emphasize average age once you hit an...
    3. B

Viriyapanthu v. Jones 14-55187 (9th Cir.) Machinegun Ban/Amnesty Registration

Yes, but in those instances the person committed a crime and then the legislature decided those criminals should be added to a prohibition list. In this case we are dealing with simple property ownership. The person did not commit a "violent" crime. The government expanded the definition of...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Did you do a couple of stretches in Walpole?

:D

1. Do I need an FFL? (Baltimore, Help Obtaining)

I am moving to Baltimore this summer for graduate school. I am the chief financial officer and responsible person on an 07 FFL and 08 FFL. My business partner and I have plenty of receipts and the business is very close to six figure income, so I can provide all of those documents to MSP. We...
    2. B

Wrenn PI Granted (DC Shall Issue)

Breyer is 79 RBG is is 84 RBG has had cancer twice and a stent put in her heart. Average life expectancy for a male is 76.3 and 81.3 for a female. SSA link you have posted is the only one that claims that high of a life expectancy. They also emphasize average age once you hit an...
    3. B

Viriyapanthu v. Jones 14-55187 (9th Cir.) Machinegun Ban/Amnesty Registration

Yes, but in those instances the person committed a crime and then the legislature decided those criminals should be added to a prohibition list. In this case we are dealing with simple property ownership. The person did not commit a "violent" crime. The government expanded the definition of...

Trust but verify?

Well, verify, anyway.

We get a broad mix here. Election years are special.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My good friend/business partner who has an FFL has my SAM7SF 7.62x39. If there is not a muzzle break and only a side folding stock, that gun is still banned correct since it's an "AK COPY"?
    If you owned it prior to Oct 1 2013 you're good to go.

pistolsnipe

Aug 28, 2015
    I believe the only 7.62x39 aks that are md legal are pistols (assuming you didn't own it prior to 2013 as stated above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom