• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gab

MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2023
    Just introducing myself. New forum member from Montgomery County, Maryland. (I know... wrong county :))

I've found a lot of good conversations over the years in this forum that have been useful. Figured I would join and collaborate as well.

I'm a life member of GOA, executive member of MSI, and a life member of the NRA. I've been a firearms owner for over 16 years, but actively going multiple times a month to the range for the past 3 or 4 years.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Just introducing myself. New forum member from Montgomery County, Maryland. (I know... wrong county :))

I've found a lot of good conversations over the years in this forum that have been useful. Figured I would join and collaborate as well.

I'm a life member of GOA, executive member of MSI, and a life member of the NRA. I've been a firearms owner for over 16 years, but actively going multiple times a month to the range for the past 3 or 4 years.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Many of us the character flaw of choosing to live in Montgomery County.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I usually go to Heritage in Frederick and sometimes to the NRA range in VA (as I work near there) and I've gone a few times to AGC for some classes.
    Heritage is about to dry up unless you are with some .gov agency.

gab

MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2023
    Heritage is about to dry up unless you are with some .gov agency.
    Yeah ... they told me last time I was there and I saw the announcement. I guess thats why they have that rental firearm sale going on. Any other places in the area? I've heard of MGN, but never been there. And I know of Gilbert's, but I'm not a fan of the whole ammo policy there. Any other places MoCo folk go to?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah ... they told me last time I was there and I saw the announcement. I guess thats why they have that rental firearm sale going on. Any other places in the area? I've heard of MGN, but never been there. And I know of Gilbert's, but I'm not a fan of the whole ammo policy there. Any other places MoCo folk go to?
    MGN and Gilbert both come highly recommended if you plan on offing yourself...

There are several Izaak Walton Leagues of America(which from here on will be referred to as IWLAs). Otherwise, unless you really like shooting indoors, I'd look at AGC and or NRA(since you work nearby).

gab

MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2023
    MGN and Gilbert both come highly recommended if you plan on offing yourself...

There are several Izaak Walton Leagues of America(which from here on will be referred to as IWLAs). Otherwise, unless you really like shooting indoors, I'd look at AGC and or NRA(since you work nearby).
    Well that's the other reason I'm not thrilled about those other places... but I was hesitant of saying something :) AGC is a bit far to go regularly for me. Maybe I'll look at becoming an IWLA member. Thanks!

Maybe a new business opportunity for someone in the area with Heritage closing to the public.... kind of interesting that they picked 10/01 as the date. Maybe they didn't want to put up a firearms allowed sign.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    from Montgomery County, Maryland. (I know... wrong county :))
    It's the right county with the wrong people running it. Which means the wrong people voted, and there are too many of them. Which maybe DOES make it the wrong county!

I'm trapped here with you, so sympathetic. We've cultivated contacts in WV, and finally found the pleasure of just hitting that actually free state once or twice a month for a social weekend and completely unfettered plinking, training, and otherwise enjoying some shooting. Don't miss the beltway-area range fees - the gas and groceries to go for a weekend in WV is cheaper!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well that's the other reason I'm not thrilled about those other places... but I was hesitant of saying something :) AGC is a bit far to go regularly for me. Maybe I'll look at becoming an IWLA member. Thanks!

Maybe a new business opportunity for someone in the area with Heritage closing to the public.... kind of interesting that they picked 10/01 as the date. Maybe they didn't want to put up a firearms allowed sign.
    Heritage was a nice place, as indoor ranges go. I shot there only once back when they first opened. We had a big MDS meet-up and shoot there.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome from another Montgomery County resident. I have an annual membership at TMGN and just reupped for another year last weekend. I like the staff there and I also like the fact that Sunday mornings from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon is reserved for members. The place can get packed on Saturday afternoons but even then wait times for me have rarely exceeded 30 min.

Cal68

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Hi and welcome gab, another MoCo asylum inmate here. Maybe @Combloc will tell us we cannot even call ourselves inmates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom