• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Hi everyone!

I've lived in Maryland for almost 10 years, and in Laurel for the last 3. I'd rather live in a freer state than the so-called "Free State" (what a joke), but having weighed all the factors that influence my overall happiness, this is where I'm staying for the foreseeable future.

I got started shooting in the Boy Scouts at summer camp, where I earned (over the course of a few years) Rifle Shooting and Shotgun Shooting merit badges, and the Sharpshooter qualification at the camp (under the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program's rules). My inspiration was, and is, my father, who toured Europe as a competition sharpshooter while in the Army in the late '60s.

I'm a strict constitutionalist, and I follow a very permissive meaning of the Second Amendment. Until now, however, I haven't owned any of my own firearms. An increasing concern with my family's safety, along with a deep-seated desire to fully enjoy my 2A rights has led me here.

I'm currently waiting for my HQL, sumitted to MSP on 10/10/2014. While I wait, I'm shopping for my first purchase... or maybe purchases.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 204

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I've found it both challenging and satisfying, teaching scouts the shooting sports!

I had a lot of fun with it. The RSO at our scout camp is one of my favorite people I've ever met.

In my later years at camp, I got to teach some of the elements of the shooting merit badges, including gun cleaning and safety. It was a lot of fun... most of the time.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Thanks, everybody! I'm contemplating the Ruger SR9 as my first purchase. Any opinions are welcome.

Welcome from the eastern shore! I really like the ruger sr9. My father has one I have fired it and cleaned it up a few times. It fits my hand extremely well. I will pick up the sr9c once I leave the state. I think it's a good first choice.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I'm also within the city limits, near the Laurel Municipal Center. To be honest, before I moved here, my wife and I had always thought of Laurel as not being one of the nicer parts of Maryland. Inside the city limits, though, it's actually really nice and cozy. Nicer and cozier about a week after my HQL comes in... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom