• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Don't remember, but are the classifieds available to member with 0 posts or less than 50? I know you cannot post in classifieds until 50 but can you see posts before 50?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My mistake than.... You could have simply sent a message back regarding this issue.

I have never sold an item to people I dont know who P.M. me about items for sale instead if hitting the commit to buy button. Ill answer questions about items for sale, but if people say "ill take it", Im done.

Based on my experience, its not worth my time. Your thread here reinforces my instinct.

Good day, and good luck.

Feb 28, 2013
    I don't believe it is a dupe account, and i doubt he is the same person from the other thread

I also don't believe this thread is about him.

I am the "nameless member". No need for me to hide.

This is the correspondence.

Originally Posted by 2013FX4
    Goodevening,

I have a friend without a MDShooters account, he is very interested in the YH rail for sale. Can I have your contact info to give to him, or would you like me to give him yours?

Thank you

Reply from me:
    Noting that you don't have a single post on this forum, have only been a member for 7 days, and are "asking for a friend", I don't think so. Sorry, but seems pretty suspect and I'm not an idiot.

Tell "your friend" to get an account and contact me with more legit contact details

Sorry you felt disrespected and you didn't get the reply you anticipated or had hoped...we have had quite a few scams come through here, and i am a little sensitive to those situations, as I'm sure most are.

Welcome to the community anyways. I encourage you to participate, contribute, ask questions and learn. That's what I did, and I have learned a lot from many members.

That was big of you to step forward and clear the air. :thumbsup:

2013FX4

Dec 20, 2015
    I have never sold an item to people I dont know who P.M. me about items for sale instead if hitting the commit to buy button. Ill answer questions about items for sale, but if people say "ill take it", Im done.

Based on my experience, its not worth my time. Your thread here reinforces my instinct.

Good day, and good luck.

How does this thread reinforce anything at all of wasting your time? I'd love an explanation...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The way you called out another member tells me I dodged a problem.

This must have been you.

4nvICeP.gif

Nice dodging, BTW. :D

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Was over a post in the classifieds, sent a PM

You have ZERO posts. Automatic suspicion.

I don't believe it is a dupe account, and i doubt he is the same person from the other thread

I also don't believe this thread is about him.

I am the "nameless member". No need for me to hide.

This is the correspondence.

Originally Posted by 2013FX4
    Goodevening,

I have a friend without a MDShooters account, he is very interested in the YH rail for sale. Can I have your contact info to give to him, or would you like me to give him yours?

Thank you

Reply from me:
    Noting that you don't have a single post on this forum, have only been a member for 7 days, and are "asking for a friend", I don't think so. Sorry, but seems pretty suspect and I'm not an idiot.

Tell "your friend" to get an account and contact me with more legit contact details

Sorry you felt disrespected and you didn't get the reply you anticipated or had hoped...we have had quite a few scams come through here, and i am a little sensitive to those situations, as I'm sure most are.

Welcome to the community anyways. I encourage you to participate, contribute, ask questions and learn. That's what I did, and I have learned a lot from many members.

Big red flag in the bolded area. That literally screams SCAM, like some of the people that make contact on GB.

Give it some time though, post in threads, join us at meet ups, show up at events, etc... We will get to know you. I personally have sent a PM with a request to hang on to something till a certain date, because I'll buy it on that day. IIRC, at least one person sent me something before the day I said I would get funds to them. I had the funds to them, before they woke up that day. I have rarely, if ever, gotten a negative response to my requests, because a lot of members know me and respect me for who I am. Let's not forget that some of them know where I live. :lol2:

I also live up to my word, with things on here and also in meatspace. Honor and integrity mean everything on here. It is coming up on one year after I closed my 10k karma and the winners of that karma know that my offers were open ended with no need to rush. They also know that I will come through on what they were promised, when they are able to set aside some time.

2013FX4

Dec 20, 2015
    The way you called out another member tells me I dodged a problem.

When did I ever call out a member? I said shall remain nameless. I'm sorry, I didn't know all of the sudden you are better than me and deserve the right to talk down on someone.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    When did I ever call out a member? I said shall remain nameless. I'm sorry, I didn't know all of the sudden you are better than me and deserve the right to talk down on someone.

This THREAD is a "CALL OUT".

I said I dodged a problem, no where did I say I was better than you. I said in my experience, people that do what you did become problems with transactions.

You started a post to stir the pot and you were successful.

I'm done with you.

Feb 28, 2013
    I re-wrote that several times, and you know I almost never get involved in these things.

Of course, it's not worth the bother.

I'll bet that guy has a lifetime of social problems.

I'll refrain at this point, 'cuz this thread is startin' to piss me off.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Sometimes it's just better to keep quiet and have folks wonder...

More bluntly put, when you're a FNG anywhere, it's prudent to not call folks out until you figure who's who in the new zoo... Just one old guys opinion.

OTOH, sometimes when you find yourself in the bottom of a hole, you just gotta reach for the old trusty shovel...and dig baby dig!

PS I'm liking the new fella's chances of fitting in. Y'all?

RonK

Oct 10, 2015
    Indian Head, MD
    Don't remember, but are the classifieds available to member with 0 posts or less than 50? I know you cannot post in classifieds until 50 but can you see posts before 50?

I can see the classifieds... currently well below 50 posts.

...and posting here ain't helpin! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom