• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    You can attach a choke/breacher adapter that was one of there post shot show improvements

Oh yeah? Well then now they just need to come out with a 26" barrel version that holds 12 rounds in each tube so you can bang out a whole round of trap without having to reload. If I could throw a full choke on it, I'd give it a shot :D

Jmce3

Jan 10, 2011
    HAHA, OH man. The made upgrades on a product that has just now hit the market...slightly hit the market. KEL-TEC needs to find a partner with better production I still want my ALIENS gun.
    F*@kers making me drool but won't put it out for all to see.

BraveUlysses

Apr 26, 2008
    Don't waste your money. Kel-tec hasn't released it yet because they still can't get it to work right. It has very bad issues with double feeds and failure to eject. Do yourself a favor and get a rem 1100 or mossberg 930. If you want something reliable with a high capacity, you could get a saiga-12 with a 20-round drum.

What you say is false.

A friend picked his up his a couple of weeks ago and only paid MSRP. I shot the heck out of it this weekend.

EDIT: He's been on the waiting list for a while. They didn't just have one in stock.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    What you say is false.

A friend picked his up a couple of weeks ago and only paid MSRP. I shot the heck out of it this weekend.

EDIT: He's been on the waiting list for a while. They didn't just have one in stock.

I am holding out for OD but I must have one of these. Must have. Hopefully by mid summer they will have come down.

Did you feel it is reliable enough for HD?

BraveUlysses

Apr 26, 2008
    I am holding out for OD but I must have one of these. Must have. Hopefully by mid summer they will have come down.

I don't claim to be an expert on this thing, or even experienced with it. I only spent a day with it. I have thousands of rounds through the gun that I would rely on in the very rare chance that someone entered my house. In my personnal opinion you should have very great confidence and experience on a weapon if you think you're going to rely on it some day. Don't take my word over the internet that its suitable for home defense. But, it did feel smoother and better put together than a Mossberg 500 of mine.

I do want a KSG really REALLY bad now!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I don't claim to be an expert on this thing, or even experienced with it. I only spent a day with it. I have thousands of rounds through the gun that I would rely on in the very rare chance that someone entered my house. In my personnal opinion you should have very great confidence and experience on a weapon if you think you're going to rely on it some day. Don't take my word over the internet that its suitable for home defense. But, it did feel smoother and better put together than a Mossberg 500 of mine.

I do want a KSG really REALLY bad now!

Oh I agree with you on testing them first, thoroughly.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

I worked on one last week to change the muzzle device. BTW< anyone wanting that done will pay alot. They loctite it heavily, and the gun has to be completely torn down to hold the barrel correctly to remove the threaded barrel nut. Once its removed a threaded brake/breacher can be installed.

The shotgun is a COMPLTETE POS IMHO. It has no disconnector. SO if you dont release the trigger and pump the gun the hammer wont cock. Before anyone thinks its like a Old WInchester where you can slamfire, you would be wrong, the gun wont pump-slamp fire.

The gun is not too complex but its not well designed. The gun short strokes easily, misfeeds, ect......

I wanted one BAD but unless they make serious changes its just a novelty shotgun.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I worked on one last week to change the muzzle device. BTW< anyone wanting that done will pay alot. They loctite it heavily, and the gun has to be completely torn down to hold the barrel correctly to remove the threaded barrel nut. Once its removed a threaded brake/breacher can be installed.

The shotgun is a COMPLTETE POS IMHO. It has no disconnector. SO if you dont release the trigger and pump the gun the hammer wont cock. Before anyone thinks its like a Old WInchester where you can slamfire, you would be wrong, the gun wont pump-slamp fire.

The gun is not too complex but its not well designed. The gun short strokes easily, misfeeds, ect......

I wanted one BAD but unless they make serious changes its just a novelty shotgun.

...dream shatterer...

I kid, I did want one of these very badly, but I will wait for v2.0+. As always Chad, thank you for your candor.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I appreciate the confidence you guys feel about my posts. I too really want to like this gun, if they add a disconnector and make the muzzle device attachment more simple then the reliability stuff is not bad because tweaks can always fix that.

Malfunctions are not easy to clear either, but thats likely a training issue on my part.

Im looking forward to improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom