• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think by "jamming", they were talking about the short-stroking. When you get down to it, that's not something the pump gun designer can fix. The unloading thing was weird, I admit.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Think I will be selling my Mossberg 590 Marine and replacing it with one of these KSG's.
    If anyone is interested in the Mossy, let me know.

web.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They've got 25 days left... not likely it's gonna happen in any quantities that would really classify as worthwhile. I could almost believe they could get a few dozen out, but even that might be a stretch.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    I think by "jamming", they were talking about the short-stroking. When you get down to it, that's not something the pump gun designer can fix. The unloading thing was weird, I admit.

Is there a reason that short strokes were more prevalent than usual? You can short stroke a good number of shotguns, but you usually don't see them mentioned in reviews as I imagine the incidence is quite low. Is there some kind of hitch that gives false kinesthetic feedback and makes it possible to consistently cause a failure?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think that the compact nature of the KSG makes it "different" to work the pump, in the sense that your arm isn't extended as far out as on, say, an 870.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    This is going to be a big one for people :

Also price, i think if you could "fix" those 2 issues more people would be on board

I think even at this price they will be hard to come by. The RFB currently sells for around $1,700 and you can hardly find one. they just do not have the production capacity to oput them out in any number. If we get more than 10 in the DC/Balto area in the first 6 months I would be really surprised.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Im just glad its up on the main board of products instead of development, they claim absolutely by the end of the year.

However, I would like to see a few rounds of this thing get out there till the price drops and the bugs get out. Probably about March or July Ill be a buyer. Plus I would really prefer one in OD and I know they do periodic runs on OD molds.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/shotguns/ksg/

(Sort of like me waiting for a very specific 300 blackout platform, Spikes no sight tower and MOE grips).

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Still nothing with only a few weeks remaining in the year. Guess its another keltec hype and no delivery.

If it is ever delivered I don't foresee much in possible bugs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom