• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    This is great news. I'm currently a member at Continental. Unlike many people on this board, I have been fortunate to have nothing but good experiences there. My only gripe is that I can't shoot my AR there. As far as recommendations go, I would say make sure the staff is courteous, well trained, and helpful to new shooters. I have seen many people have bad 1st experiences due to rude staff and end up giving up on the hobby. Good luck and I wish you much success.

Buttheads can't work there. New shooters will get all the help they need. I've shot at Continental for many years and have many fond memories. But you will like our turning targets.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Great! I would like to see:

- NFA friendly (SBR and suppressors)
    - allow draw-from-holster
    - allow photorealistic targets (like this one: http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=TCT-05)
    - state-of-the art ventilation, and a locker room/shower for post-range use (even if I have to pay extra) if it's not a "lead free" range
    -

eta: BRIGHT lighting like at the NRA HQ range in Fairfax, VA.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    As you can tell I'm very excited!

It appears you haven't started the range yet....

Any chance the range will be "Climate Controlled"? AC/heating?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Please give us feedback as to how we can be the best public firearms facility in the area.

Consider taking reservations for some of the lanes? and make those reservation lanes (on certain days only and max 1 hour or something)
    I know when I go shooting with someone new to the sport
    Sitting and waiting for an hour for a lane to open kills the excitement
    And also my time is limited I'd pay an extra dollar or two just to make sure I had a lane when I showed up....
    just thinking out loud

Also maybe allow loading of magazines while waiting for a lane if the above is not an option. I understand this is a safety issue so if given the option to let you hold my firearm so I can load my mags and save 10 minutes I'd give you my gun until I had a lane.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Buttheads can't work there. New shooters will get all the help they need. I've shot at Continental for many years and have many fond memories. But you will like our turning targets.
    My membership at Continental expires in May. If it is as you say, then I say...Perfect timing!

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Consider taking reservations for some of the lanes? and make those reservation lanes (on certain days only and max 1 hour or something)
    I know when I go shooting with someone new to the sport
    Sitting and waiting for an hour for a lane to open kills the excitement
    And also my time is limited I'd pay an extra dollar or two just to make sure I had a lane when I showed up....
    just thinking out loud

Also maybe allow loading of magazines while waiting for a lane if the above is not an option. I understand this is a safety issue so if given the option to let you hold my firearm so I can load my mags and save 10 minutes I'd give you my gun until I had a lane.

Good ideas. Thanks. I think the reservations idea is particularly good.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    This could be boiled down to "read the multiple threads on Select Fire and do the opposite! Iv got relatives in the area, so I'm anxious to try it out.

Estimated date of opening your Frederick Branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom