• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've never got into the striker fired/hammer debate.
    Point, pull trigger, go boom.

Striker-fired have a lower bore axis by design, and a more simple and consistent trigger press to learn, with short reset. You don't have that change from the heavy/long DA pull to the short/light SA pull. I like them better than hammer-fired designs.

Claybreaker 2

Aug 25, 2013
    Frederick County
    HK already made striker fired perfection:

+1 for the P7. The VP9 looks interesting but I would be happier to hear that HK was starting up P7 production again, maybe even with a polymer frame option. To me the VP9 is more interesting as an update to the VP70 with its really heavy trigger pull, than the P30 which I really like as it is.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    If I recall correctly, HK created polymer framed striker fired perfection in 1970 with the VP70. (select fire as a bonus when the stock was attached.)

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    If I recall correctly, HK created polymer framed striker fired perfection in 1970 with the VP70. (select fire as a bonus when the stock was attached.)
    i don't know, shooting a VP70 might mar that theory a little... or at least shooting a VP70Z, anyway

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Motherfvcker.

Just tempting enough to reconsider the HQL. As long as there isn't one around for me to fondle, it'll be OK.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I'm guessing it would make waaaay too much sense for this gun to take P30 mags - am I right?

Edit: Wow, I stand corrected. HK had an opportunity to stick it to their customers and didn't. That stack of P30 mags I bought in September just became more useful.

"The VP9 uses the proven P30 steel magazine (15 and 10-round capacity available)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom