• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I've been shooting since around 2002. Originally interested in Skeet/Trap and home protection. I'm now focussed on Trap and close/mid range pistol accuracy.

Given the recent law changes and Maryland Shall Issue I've decided I should be more active in the community. So, here I am. I've read the forums on and off for maybe 6 months. Didn't want to bother introducing until I had something to ask/contribute.

So... If selling a shotgun in state, going through an FFL is a no brainer right?

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Welcome to the forums! To answer you question, there are no restrictions on typical shotguns. You get into some complications when its short-barreled or has a detachable magazine. Your normal semi or o/u is good to go.

aebsr

Reluctant Militant
    Jan 19, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Welcome to the forums! To answer you question, there are no restrictions on typical shotguns. You get into some complications when its short-barreled or has a detachable magazine. Your normal semi or o/u is good to go.
    Tyler, yeah my shotgun is definitely long barrel. Call me paranoid, but I just want to do my part in keeping firearms out of the wrong hands.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Tyler, yeah my shotgun is definitely long barrel. Call me paranoid, but I just want to do my part in keeping firearms out of the wrong hands.

I hear you! Typical shotguns through an FFL are just whatever the dealer charges for the transfer, the Form 4473 and a NICS check. Should take no more than 10 minutes if nothing goes wrong with the buyer's background check. I've had a few come back delayed lately, but I don't know if it was the buyer or NICS. One was delayed 3 days and another was only delayed by 2 hours (and he was a Ukraine citizen).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 81

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

To answer your question, no you can transfer a shotgun to another resident of Maryland without going through an ffl. Make sure they are a resident by getting them to show ID. Many here including myself suggest getting a bill of sale with a disclaimer stating that the buyer is not prohibited from owning a firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom