• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jared152

Mar 23, 2013
    CA and Annapolis
    Hey, I'm new to the site but not new to shooting. I'm from California(20 years old) but I am here because of the Naval Academy and I plan on getting into shooting more over here after this semester. I'm a member of a similar site for California and it was a great a community so I thought I'd try it over here.

In CA I have an AR-15 I built, pistols, .22, shotguns, etc. I'm planning on picking up a shotgun and .22 over here for some cheap fun and maybe a little bit of hunting. I'm also trying to talk myself out of a 30-30 lever action but I just want one.

I enjoy very few things more than shooting clays and wasting thousands of rounds of .22lr.

Anyways, have a good day and you might see me posting around the site a bit.

Thanks,
    Jared

Last edited:

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Welcome!
    frantics.gif

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Jared152,

Welcome! Glad you're here. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. IWLA Damascus is a great place to shoot shotguns and there may even be one or two Faculty members from the Academy as members.

Click on "Join Now" to join or renew your current membership

Jared152

Mar 23, 2013
    CA and Annapolis
    Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Jared152,

Welcome! Glad you're here. It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience. IWLA Damascus is a great place to shoot shotguns and there may even be one or two Faculty members from the Academy as members.

Click on "Join Now" to join or renew your current membership

Thank you, I'll be sure to try it out and experience wise I just shoot a lot, I'm not very good by most standards. I was at Prince George's Sport Skeet Shooting yesterday and it was a blast. I had never even heard of sport clays and it was one of the best times I've had shooting.

I'm also thinking about joining the Anne Arundel Fish and Game, I just need to find a sponsor and check the place out.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome, everybody.

Thank you, I'll be sure to try it out and experience wise I just shoot a lot, I'm not very good by most standards. I was at Prince George's Sport Skeet Shooting yesterday and it was a blast. I had never even heard of sport clays and it was one of the best times I've had shooting.

I'm also thinking about joining the Anne Arundel Fish and Game, I just need to find a sponsor and check the place out.

I haven't been to Anne Arundel Fish and Game for several years. I thought seriously about joining it before I moved to Montgomery County. I'm sure if you check it out someone will volunteer to sponsor you. Most clubs weren't too too picky about having a sponsor until recently. But I'm certain you can find a sponsor, especially since you're at the academy. Prince George's is a really nice facility. I have friends who like to go their on their lunch break. Again, Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom