• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    That's really disappointing to see, I'm sorry about your sks. I was really considering ordering one from Robertson's. Was this USPS's fault or Robertson's? How well was it packaged? Would you still recommend Robertson's Trading Post?

Sorry for the slew of questions

I have no fault with Robertson's, in fact they are my new favorite C & R dealer. I've spoken with them on the phone and have received follow up, personal emails from them frequently. Nothing but praise for them, and I will continue to do business with them.

This was an issue with USPS. The box was torn at the bottom and creased at the point where the stock was cracked-this was due to rough handling during shipping. In fact, it was supposed to be delivered with adult signature required but just left on the porch. Plain poor service all the way around by the USPS

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    looking at the stuff robertsons has on gunsamerica, i may be looking to buy from them soon too, they have a ton of great stuff and very fair prices.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This was an issue with USPS. The box was torn at the bottom and creased at the point where the stock was cracked-this was due to rough handling during shipping. In fact, it was supposed to be delivered with adult signature required but just left on the porch. Plain poor service all the way around by the USPS

I got a book once, the priority mail box had tire tracks on it. Book was nearly as bent as I was. USPS can be beastly.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    looking at the stuff robertsons has on gunsamerica, i may be looking to buy from them soon too, they have a ton of great stuff and very fair prices.

I originally was avoiding them, as they has some C & R handguns that they wouldn't sell to Maryland mistakenly stating that they had to go through an FFL 01. Now having done business with them, I have found them to be a nice group of folks. Robertson's is a small, family-run business and provides the great customer service one would expect from a small, family run business.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I just knew that this model was an early model 56, likely made on Soviet equipment, was all matching and a good price.

It was certainly made on Soviet equipment. The Russians transferred all the SKS manufacturing equipment from the Tula arsenal to the Jianshe arsenal in China. All of the Chinese SKSs from '56 to '60, at least, were probably made with the Tula machinery.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    I originally was avoiding them, as they has some C & R handguns that they wouldn't sell to Maryland mistakenly stating that they had to go through an FFL 01. Now having done business with them, I have found them to be a nice group of folks. Robertson's is a small, family-run business and provides the great customer service one would expect from a small, family run business.

do they still not ship handguns to MD?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Here's some photos of my latest acquistion, a Beretta Model 51 just bought off GunAuction from Numrich; 9mm Luger, 8 shot mag. I like Numrich 'cause they do an inspection with test fire and send documents attesting to such and ship FAST. Well-rated gun in 9 mm, inexpensive and will be shipped right to my door.

Attachments

• Beretta Model 1951_4.jpg
      Beretta Model 1951_4.jpg
      10.2 KB · Views: 176
    • Beretta Model 1951_2.jpg
      Beretta Model 1951_2.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 175
    • Beretta Model 1951_3.jpg
      Beretta Model 1951_3.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 174

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    My recent batch had a buttstock broke off too, thanks to UPS. I am just going to get a replacement sino-albanian stock...

on a side note, I personally disagree that just because it has a 6 digit serial number makes it a sino-soviet. I only consider them true sino-soviets if they have a 4 digit serial with cyrillic letter on it, Russian style. Russians were prolly out of china before they removed the cyrillic letters. imho.... my .02

Here's one of my sino's ! Can I not count this one? :innocent0
    IMG_4245.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks. I thought it foolish NOT to buy a functional 9mm luger in VG to Exc condition that could be shipped to my door in 3 days for less than $300.....:D

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The Beretta Model 1951 9mm handgun arrived today so I just had to buy another C & R. From AuctionArms got a Stevens/Sears Ranger Model 101; these are twins of the Stevens 6A/87A/76A; .22 semi auto, 16 shot capacity

Nice condition, cheap, should be a great plinker. Always wanted a .22 semi.

Attachments

• Stevens Model 101.jpg
      Stevens Model 101.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 134
    • Stevens Model 101-2.jpg
      Stevens Model 101-2.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 137

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    From AuctionArms got a Stevens/Sears Ranger Model 101; these are twins of the Stevens 6A/87A/76A; .22 semi auto, 16 shot capacity

Nice condition, cheap, should be a great plinker. Always wanted a .22 semi.

Doc - I'm not going to say in public how I know this, but the Stevens Ranger was being sold at the PX in GTMO during the beginning of the Cuban revolution. They were going for, I believe, about $27 bucks each. In any case, Castro's troops ended up with some of these, thanks to some of his female soldiers who knew they could be bought on base, and traded "favors" to sailors for these little semi-autos.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Doc - I'm not going to say in public how I know this, but the Stevens Ranger was being sold at the PX in GTMO during the beginning of the Cuban revolution. They were going for, I believe, about $27 bucks each. In any case, Castro's troops ended up with some of these, thanks to some of his female soldiers who knew they could be bought on base, and traded "favors" to sailors for these little semi-autos.

Nice little 'piece' of history, thanks! Like the SKS's, if some of these old guns could talk.....

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    My 2 latest additions. Grabbed the revolver on GB yesterday:

--Sistema Colt .45ACP dated 1963, great shooter, my first 1911 style. May get cerakoted.

--Smith & Wesson Combat Masterpiece, ? late '50s, adjustable sights. Glad to have a wheel gun again after selling the GP 100; kinda regretted that....

Attachments

• pix877261564.jpg
      pix877261564.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 94
    • 538.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
      538.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
      24.6 KB · Views: 88

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    My 2 latest additions. Grabbed the revolver on GB yesterday:

--Sistema Colt .45ACP dated 1963, great shooter, my first 1911 style. May get cerakoted.

--Smith & Wesson Combat Masterpiece, ? late '50s, adjustable sights. Glad to have a wheel gun again after selling the GP 100; kinda regretted that....

Good snag on the Sistema. I was watching that one, and came really close to unknowingly bidding against you. As you know, I like the Argie .45s. One that I recently bought, that had been modified with modern sights and a butter-smooth trigger job, can blow the red dot completely out of a target with one mag at 10 yds ... even with my old eyes.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Here's some photos of my latest acquistion, a Beretta Model 51 just bought off GunAuction from Numrich; 9mm Luger, 8 shot mag. I like Numrich 'cause they do an inspection with test fire and send documents attesting to such and ship FAST. Well-rated gun in 9 mm, inexpensive and will be shipped right to my door.

Wow, I'm not very familiar with Berettas, but that looks almost exactly like a MAC 50 (or more likely the MAC 50 looks like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom