• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    went this morning with my brother in law came back with some Pmags and glock mags and an MRE. My first show in chantilly and I liked it sucked trying to buy any firearms though saw a really nice rossi M92 they wouldn't sell to me. Was looking for a chiappa little badger and didnt stumble across any.

I ended up just ordering a little badger from kentucky gun company. Going to order a second one

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Yeah most prices were pretty high from what I saw. Couple of prices that stood out to me.

Yugo M57 Pistol (pretty beat up) - $295 (AIM Has them for $169 right now)
    Beat up SKS's - $350-450+

The funniest was the Ruger 10/22's I saw.. One dealer had a "BRAND NEW!" standard wood model listed for $325. I picked one up on the way home at Walmart for $199..
    I saw several 10/22 at a table they started at 209 fir wood or synthetic and higher for colors

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I had a nice time for my little trip to America - I came home with 1000 large pistol primers, an extra 10/22 mag and a knife sharpener. saw some other cooll stuff but nothing that enticed me enough to pull the trigger.

Something I did think was interesting was when I tried to engage a guy in conversation about a gun he had on display, and it was like pulling teeth - he didn't seem to want to chat at all. Why have a table if you don't want to chat with show goers?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Had an interesting conversation with a friendly WM employee this evening. He told me his brother went to the chantilly show and picked up 1000rd brick of 22 for $55 and a couple mosins for $79 :whoa:

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I hit the show yesterday and picked up some 10 round Ruger Scout rifle mags, bullets, primers and got my hands on some Varget before it sold out. I spent a little time talking to the guy who makes the 1911 grips...anyone ever purchase any of his product?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    After being turned down 3 times for c&r purchase because of not willing to sell to md resident and the fact most of what I seen I could buy better on the internet without a 13$ admission,I think I'm done with this show. Another big turnoff was a loud mouth dealer 2nd row from the wall on the left side that was just rude to people from md,kept talking about the problems with government and how we don't need them and the laws suck,blah blah,the whole time f this and f that,nice way to talk customers and turn people away/off,wish the promoters would do a little better sometimes with some of these mouth pieces.in my opinion just not worth 13$ admission and over an hour's drive when I can ship to an out of state address

This may be the same guy, but on Friday a rather large loud guy was screaming at the front entrance because someone took a picture. I thought he was way too loud for the problem. I didn't think the prices were that good either. But it is nice seeing America again.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Was this the same ******* on the left side that somebody else mentioned?

I don't think so. He was in the middle, but it was years ago so who knows. He was selling mosins, Sks, ak, mousers, etc. that show all I left with was an ak stock. I went with lots of cash to blow and was disappointed I couldn't spend it , haven't gone back since.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I saw plenty of launchers, not sure of the size but none the less they were there. Prices seemed high though which turned me off from getting info on them. $125+. Also seen plenty of flares too. One guy even had the inserts for them for shot shells and small arms rounds.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Had an interesting conversation with a friendly WM employee this evening. He told me his brother went to the chantilly show and picked up 1000rd brick of 22 for $55 and a couple mosins for $79 :whoa:

Was his name Rainman? Was he answering a question from 3 years ago?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I thought the magazine dealer in the far right, with the glass cases, were crooks. 50% more on most magazines. How does he stay in business?
    I think it's one of those things where people see the glass case and the big selection, and they are enticed by the setup. I priced a couple of things out there, but decided to look elsewhere, and again, I only picked up the single 10/22 mag, so it wasn't like I needed to save a bunch, but I decided to give my money to a guy who was friendly and fair.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I aw Mak and got some Tok
    Tok on left side tall Brunette she said it was a new store. Was 3 boxes of seller belot left

I went on Sunday for a like 3 hours, great place to get pmags (they're friggin' everywhere!) and AR accessories, mags and so forth....oh and of course Jerky....wouldn't be a show without it! :)

I've been to this show three times now, it's okay...it's really far from Baltimore though at an hour each way, I always question if I want to go or not. So I walked around checked most of the stuff out, saw the guy selling custom 1911 grips he had some nice checkered examples laid out. Here's what I got:

1) Picked up an Ar-15 Long workbench OD green matt for rifles/carbines and a 1911 pistol workbench black matt for handguns. Each has history, parts list, and exploded assembly diagrams. The lady gave me a few bucks off for getting both at the same time. I needed these for my desk & cleaning area.

2) Picked up some PPU brass FMJ Makarov Ammo at $18/box of 50...got 200 rounds. Also picked up 200 rounds of Browning brass FMJ 7.65/.32 ACP at around $17 per box. These were the lowest prices I found, comparable if not slightly higher than online.

I didn't find any Tok non steel core ammo, I looked around, maybe it was because I was there for 3 hours from like noon - 3pm on the last day, some vendors said they'd run out.

3) Got some nice vintage magazines - 1 x Cz 27, 1 x Berretta 1935, 2 x USGI vintage military 1911 7 rounders ...all these were from an older vendor, he was a nice guy, he had a nice selection of vintage mags and gave me a few bucks off for buying 4 mags total and paying cash.

4) picked up a small bottle of Gunzilla CLP, I've heard good stuff about this product both on TV and from one of the guys that works at my local range and wanted to try it.

Oh and my 12 new pistol hangers ( 3 sets of 4) just came in from Joebobs over the weekend too, so that was nice! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom