• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stratman60

Apr 6, 2013
    Calvert
    FNP 45 Tactical Threaded barrel can't have after Oct, 15 rnds high capacity mag again can't have after Oct, 45 ACP WOW lots of fun. Put a can on it put a red dot on it shoot all day

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I currently have a Sig P226 .40 and Glock 19. They're both AMAZING and have never given me any problems. Now I'm kind of at a stalemate as to what I should get next? Or if I should even get anything at all.

Just wondering what your end-all, be-all pistols are?

Thanks for all the recommendations! As luck would have it, my dad has a Colt 1911 which I haven't had the pleasure of shooting yet. I'll have to take him up on it now.:thumbsup:

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I agree with the revolvers and 1911's, but you can still get those and mags for the 1911 later.

Go with a semi auto that will be harder to get. If you have a 19, get a 17 or a 26.

If that's not what your after try an Xdm or an M&P.

I love my 1911, but if you plan on doing the the whole license to own thing you will still be able to get one and mags easier. If not, buy one. I'd recommend going to Scott's and talking to Chad.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Over the years Ive had Glocks (17,19,21SF,34), a Sig (P226), an HK (USP9SD), an M&P9, a 1911, etc... The one I wish I had gotten sooner is the 1911. Im a huge Glock and Sig fan, and I absolutely love them. But my 1911 has very quickly become one of my favorites. Everyone always joked about me not having one, and after getting one I see why. Theres just nothing else like it. Glock's, M&P's, XD's, etc... are all very similar. But 1911's, theyre unique and not much else compares to them. I plan for more in the future.

So, thats my suggestion. Pick yourself up a 1911. You wont be disappointed.

Absolutely. I would simply add, might as well make it a Colt.

Feb 28, 2013
    The must have pistol is the one you would actually carry, use, and treat like a tool.

Which one that is depends on your circumstances, but I'd say for most civilians that would be a mid-sized, affordable, ultra reliable workhorse type.

Honestly that makes me lean Glock (!)

Gundahar

Glock, or Springfield XDM.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    since you already have 2 of my favorite pistols though id have a p226 in 9 instead of .40, id say get an hk usp .45 or a springfield XD .45

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom