• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    So how do you hang your target if the person next to you is shooting at his? Is there a cease fire everytime someone wants to change or hang a target?
    And where do you pay if your just going for a hour?

DieHard4192

Jan 16, 2013
    Charles County
    So how do you hang your target if the person next to you is shooting at his? Is there a cease fire everytime someone wants to change or hang a target?
    And where do you pay if your just going for a hour?

You wait. Usually there is a lull in the shooting after a little while, where everyone is ready for a quick reset. When this happens everyone calls the range cold and those who wish to change their target go down range and do so. Once everyone gets back and behind the firing line they call the range hot and you can begin shooting again.

You can get a day pass from Walmart, Dicks, and a few other places. Alternatively there are envelopes and a drop box there if you want to pay your 5 bucks in cash when you get there.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    It always a good Idea to pay your $5 dollars good old boy Range Dan come around every so often and checked who's payed. If you don't it could cost you $$$$. BTW Range Dan give MG target placement lessons as part of your $5 dollars so act like your listening.:smack:

Attachments

• Ranger Dan.jpg
      Ranger Dan.jpg
      147.4 KB · Views: 298

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    You wait. Usually there is a lull in the shooting after a little while, where everyone is ready for a quick reset. When this happens everyone calls the range cold and those who wish to change their target go down range and do so. Once everyone gets back and behind the firing line they call the range hot and you can begin shooting again.

You can get a day pass from Walmart, Dicks, and a few other places. Alternatively there are envelopes and a drop box there if you want to pay your 5 bucks in cash when you get there.

ok thanks

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    LOL, you can just about see the "HIDDEN CAMERA" in the pic

I've known Dan a long time, and there is NO WAY I could deal with what he deals with there, day after day after day. He's got more patience than me, that's for sure.

And I've seen them put out all new target stands on a Monday, only to have them all reduced to splinters by first light Tuesday.

What scares me more is all the bullet holes in the overhead baffles, esp the ones at midrange or better. Coming the wrong way!!!!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just a friendly reminder, any threads relating to MG directly ARE being monitored by not-so-friendly management in Annapolis.

Just so everyone knows.

And Dan's a good guy, he has to deal with a lot of crap from a lot people. Sometimes it shows, but please don't hold a grudge, he's doing his job to the best of his capabilities and resources.

That's all. :)

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    BTW I glad to see Range Dan come around and keep the asshat's in check wish more people would put forth the effort he does in his job. Most people just don't care, looks like he does. I love MG it's one of the last places in Southern Maryland that has been left unscrewed by the current administration.

Range Dan hope to see you every time I go to MG. :thumbsup:

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    So, people said they wanted to join me for my celebratory shoot, well I finally got my "ND" and am picking up my new pistol tonight. Took off Friday and plan to start at the range around 11am so anyone that wants to join in is welcome, come by and introduce yourself, I'll be the one in the Orioles hat :D

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Might try to join

So, people said they wanted to join me for my celebratory shoot, well I finally got my "ND" and am picking up my new pistol tonight. Took off Friday and plan to start at the range around 11am so anyone that wants to join in is welcome, come by and introduce yourself, I'll be the one in the Orioles hat :D

Congrats on the ND. Not to start a new thread, but just out of curiosity, what was YOUR wait? I hope to join you with a S&W Sigma I've yet to shoot.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    OK, so range report.... got there around 11:30ish maybe 12:00. Left around 2:30 - 3

Good day, beautiful weather, good people at the range.... full range most of the day.

Had my first experience with range officer showing up for random range pass inspection.

If anyone else was there during that time I was at the far left table.... Good celebration for getting my new pistol finally...

ccovert

Mar 18, 2011
    King George, VA.

You can also get a yearly pass from DNR website for 20 bucks so if you go every week its cheaper then paying the 5 bucks onsite. The only issue is the year starts 8/1/13 to 7/31/2014 so unless your going to go more then 4 times before august its a good idea to wait.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Nice day at Myrtle Grove today cool breeze temp in med 60s, all stations busy I got there at 10:30 by 11 couple opened up, Stayed until 1 during that time most people had left and it was down to 3 station being used a couple times. This was a bit strange for a nice Saturday, I guess Ammo has gotten so hard to find and the prices have been crazy to the point people aren't going target shooting as much. While I was there I came across a coin about the size of a silver dollar in the back bream. Does anyone know what it is I was able to come up with was Art Metals Nederland Rubens "Portret van Isabella Helena Rubens" 1977 from the The Franklin Mint but this does not look like silver or any precious metal I’ve seen.

I was sighting in a scope a fixed 3 x 40 on a M&P 15-22 at 50 Yards, it did not work out so great I swapped out the glass for the original irons sight and looked like a better job with them. The iron sights were on the Round Dirty Bird target.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom