• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 3, 2013
    The trouble with telling people it's $5 all day (which it can be) they stop reading the range rules and miss the part that says unless there is a line of people. :deal:

Is the 1 hour rule typically enforced? If so, by who?

Just asking because I was down there this past Sunday and there were some shooters camped out there for WAY more than an hour.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    It's policed by the shooters there and if it gets outta hand I believe a ranger will come out. Some people "forget" that there is the 1 hour rule

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    I'm trying to make it out there today to get my wife to shoot for the first time! Wish us luck !
    Sooo... How did it go? Still working on my bride, finally got her to "shoot" a Laserlyte target with my Beretta, but can't get her to screw up the courage for live fire. One of her girlfriends even shoots at MG with her father. I've offered to pony up for private lessons for her. Nothing yet, but with the enthusiasm she shows with the Laserlyte, I know it's a matter of time;) We were playing with it during a commercial TV break, and I took a pottie break from that- as I was returning all I could hear was click...click...click...click:innocent0

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I created a monster with my wife. Within 6 months she was buying her own guns without my input and became a designated collector. When she's not traveling, she's always up for a trip to Myrtle Grove.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    sadly she caught the flu :/ so maybe next week if she's better! I did have her practice sighting in and work and breath control. luckily she actually wants to go out and try it! maybe if your bride goes and watches her friend and you shoot she'll want to try! do you have something smaller to try out first? my wife is ok with shooting my .22 rifle but not my glock :(

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    I created a monster with my wife. Within 6 months she was buying her own guns without my input and became a designated collector. When she's not traveling, she's always up for a trip to Myrtle Grove.

haha nice! I hope my wife is that cool in a few months! maybe there should be a wife shoot at MG????

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    sadly she caught the flu :/ so maybe next week if she's better! I did have her practice sighting in and work and breath control. luckily she actually wants to go out and try it! maybe if your bride goes and watches her friend and you shoot she'll want to try! do you have something smaller to try out first? my wife is ok with shooting my .22 rifle but not my glock :(
    Oh yeah, 10-22 rifle and MKIII pistol will be the weapons of choice for the early goings. We were just working with the Beretta because that is the laser "bullet" that I purchased in 40s&w. I'm totally down with starting in low power/ low recoil mode and working up once we get that far. Lord knows, she already pinched her finger in the chamber with the slide- I knew it was going to happen, but I figured if I yelled at her to stop something worse would happen. She was cool with it:cool:

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    So all i need to bring is tha AK, 1200 rnds and my own targets....rite? They have somewhere to hang targets?

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Why dont you guys head down to Annaplois instead of going to that abortion of a gun range...

You driving? We'll ride with you. Guaranteed to get there in 20-30 mins, but risk dying in the process.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom