• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I don't do much archery, but they have a few haybales set up and a raised platform to practice shooting from a height. You can probably get 30 meters or so from one of the archery backstops, maybe more if you really want to do long distance. If you have your own target you might want to bring it; it's a pretty bare-bones layout there.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I don't do much archery, but they have a few haybales set up and a raised platform to practice shooting from a height. You can probably get 30 meters or so from one of the archery backstops, maybe more if you really want to do long distance. If you have your own target you might want to bring it; it's a pretty bare-bones layout there.

Thanks.

zipzopboop

Jul 14, 2014
    Hey, all. This was kind of asked earlier, but I'd just like some clarification.

Since only one shooter is allowed at each bench, how do I go about rotating a couple new-shooter friends in to shoot my new rifle? They'll all have a daily badge, of course.

The one shooter rule means only one gun active at a time, right? So my friends can stand around me as I teach them how to use the rifle, etc.?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

Since only one shooter is allowed at each bench, how do I go about rotating a couple new-shooter friends in to shoot my new rifle? They'll all have a daily badge, of course.

The one shooter rule means only one gun active at a time, right? So my friends can stand around me as I teach them how to use the rifle, etc.?

yes..one shooter at a time .. but dont crowed the other table.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    so i can read the first page, however i thought on Saturdays the range normally opened at 0830. has this maybe changed since this was posted in 08?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    so i can read the first page, however i thought on Saturdays the range normally opened at 0830. has this maybe changed since this was posted in 08?

People arrive at 8:30, and some even setup or scrounge brass - but the range doesn't technically open till 9.

And lighting off rounds before 9 earns you a $250 fine.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009

Some are not going to like this answer but as long as everyone has a permit then they are entitled to have there own lane/ table. When you ho try and get two tables side by side and you in between so you can watch both tables and rotate them between the two.
    People get upset with this kind of thing because it takes a table from them but if you have permet you have right to a table.

BMORE52LEWIS

B-MORE
    Oct 19, 2015
    Dorf town
    I herd this place is pretty nice, after reading the rules sounds pretty strict ?, can anyone clear up the permit for me?, and how would I go about getting one?. Another thing does this place charge by the hr when your on the lane?. Whats the entry fee?. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!:party29:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    It isn't as nice as it sounds. You can buy permit from Dnr website or buy day pass thete. For day pass you will see brown post with them in it and a cash box. No range officer on duty but they along with Dnr Police stop in all the time. Before they go to the range they hide in the hills behind the range watching people to see if you are doing anything wrong. If they catch you they will heavly fine you. I had an issue once shooting my muzzle loader. I went down not long before closing to sight it in. Right at closing a range officer came down and told me to put my gun away. I tried explaining I was a muzzle loader and I had it loaded. And needed to fire it to clear it. He was nasty saying if I didn't put it away now he would fine me $100 for shooting after hours. Mind you this was at the very minute it closed. He could have let me clear it and still had been right at closing time. But chose to be unreasonable.
    The place can get dangerous because you get everyone from never shooting a gun to self proclaimed gun experts. I even had a guy trowing brass cases at me because he didn't like the muzzle blast from my rifle.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    I haven't been keeping track of deer Season...

Is the grove open today? I need to take my wife out for some training time as there is a felon in the neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom