Ok so I'll put it out there

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      44.6 KB · Views: 185

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I'm about 2 weeks behind on my subscribed YouTube videos so I'm here watching and up pops gavintoobe showing off his new Sharps AR. Between that, engineerbrian, and the fact that the characters fit your asterisks, it just had to be.

Very cool rifle! :party29:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm about 2 weeks behind on my subscribed YouTube videos so I'm here watching and up pops gavintoobe showing off his new Sharps AR. Between that, engineerbrian, and the fact that the characters fit your asterisks, it just had to be.

Very cool rifle! :party29:

I've actually been exchanging emails with the designer Mike Blank. He's actually where I got my barrel from, so I'm kind of stoked to get it to the range and see how she rolls.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder what kind of bullet those number were from in the article? The picture showed a blunt 30-30 type bullet and that's not what you shoot out of an AR. Let us know what kinda of numbers this thing is doing when you get back from the range. Just curious, what's the farthest distance you will be able to shoot tomorrow?

Good Luck!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I wonder what kind of bullet those number were from in the article? The picture showed a blunt 30-30 type bullet and that's not what you shoot out of an AR. Let us know what kinda of numbers this thing is doing when you get back from the range. Just curious, what's the farthest distance you will be able to shoot tomorrow?

Good Luck!

100 yards tomorrow. It might not get posted tomorrow but I'll put it in this thread sometime in the next few days.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    No disrespect buff, that was the first site that popped up. Seems like that guy was a hater....more respectable review here....http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-test/new-ar-round-the-25-45-sharps

No disrespect taken. I had seen that review before also, but I've seen enough good ones to give it a shot, no pun intended.;) Did I need another caliber so close to what I've already got in an AR? No, but I love to tinker with stuff and this one was in the right place at the right time for me. This one just gives me another AR to put in the mix to figure which one I want to take in the woods.:)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Range trip today and the 25-45 did not let me down, I've got some more tweaking to do with loads. Tested for grouping today, but didn't get to run any through the labradar. Loads were from 26.5-27.7 with .3 separation between loads H335 was the tested powder, Hornady 87 grain SP pills. 27.1 was the best of the bunch with 26.8 running not far behind. I'm going to run again from 26.9-27.3 with .1 separation and see where I land at.
    I didn't get a picture of all the targets but I did get the 27.1 load, 100 yards for range, I don't think it did to bad for a brand new build. I always seem to get 1 flier in 5 shot groups.:o

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 139
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar