• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well that narrows it down. Lol
    If it is 243 lite. The only thing that I think can be close to those numbers is 6mm Hagar. My 6x45 has pushed an 85 grain bullet right at 2700 and it's a stiff load.
    Oh the suspense..

I never made mention of a 243 lite one way or the other.:cool:

I got the barrel today and it's all put together except for a muzzle device, it might make a range appearance this Sunday.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm telling ya its the 6.8 Remington SPC. Gotta be. It's the only cartridge with those ballistics that runs at the AOL of the AR mag. That's why the bullet is set so deep into the brass. 6.8 is equal to a 27 caliber too.

It's the round the military wanted to replace the 5.56 round with. It's a nice compromise between the 5.56 and the 7.62 x 51.

What do I win? ;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Oh, and by the way. The 6.8 barrels use a 5/8" x 24 thread for suppressor or brake.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm telling ya its the 6.8 Remington SPC. Gotta be. It's the only cartridge with those ballistics that runs at the AOL of the AR mag. That's why the bullet is set so deep into the brass. 6.8 is equal to a 27 caliber too.

It's the round the military wanted to replace the 5.56 round with. It's a nice compromise between the 5.56 and the 7.62 x 51.

What do I win? ;)

probably nothing, but I wanted to capture your quote so when it's revealed in a few days I've got a record of it.;)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Either way, good luck with the build. I hope it's everything you're looking for. If I'm right, they say it's a great round and should have replaced the 5.56 in the AR platform.

Good Luck!

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa

What do I win? ;)
    One thing u forgot. When Buff was looking for a compensator he said he was cheap.. 6.8 brass is not laying around like 556 and it's not cheap to buy. The 6.8 is underrated by most. I'm shooting a 110 Sierra out of 6.8 and it only runs 2490. With that said I'm gonna say his mystery round is .223 necked to .25 caliber or .277

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    One thing u forgot. When Buff was looking for a compensator he said he was cheap.. 6.8 brass is not laying around like 556 and it's not cheap to buy. The 6.8 is underrated by most. I'm shooting a 110 Sierra out of 6.8 and it only runs 2490. With that said I'm gonna say his mystery round is .223 necked to .25 caliber or .277

And I am cheap, just ask around, you'll see.:D

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Like maybe .277 Wolverine. It matches fps and muzzle energy he described.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Like maybe .277 Wolverine. It matches fps and muzzle energy he described.

I haven't checked the ballistics yet on this cartridge, I'm just going off the info sent to me by the manufacturer. 4570inMd is going to bring his lab radar to do some test and see just how accurite their info is going to be.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Buff be sure to post your test with us, me and dontpanic have discussed that round numerous times. If it been around when I built my 6.8 I would of went that route. Enjoy. Oh what length barrel and what twist. Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I never made mention of a 243 lite one way or the other.:cool:

I got the barrel today and it's all put together except for a muzzle device, it might make a range appearance this Sunday.

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1bklbx.jpg
      1bklbx.jpg
      16.4 KB · Views: 185

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar