• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvanU

Feb 13, 2013
    It's been 45 days since I purchased my gun and 42 since the state police received my application. Any suggestions on what I should do?

VGraves

Mar 2, 2013
    It's been 45 days since I purchased my gun and 42 since the state police received my application. Any suggestions on what I should do?

The only thing any of us can do is wait some more. Unfortunately there's nothing anyone can do to make it any faster right now.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    An FFL "technically" can but most will not do so without a NICS #. Basically to cover there a$$

Their a$$ is important, even if they technically legally can release after 8 days.

Don't fight the wrong fight at the wrong time with the wrong people. The worst thing that could happen right is "just one gun" getting into the wrong hands. The Anti spin machine would go into overdrive and we will never get the fence sitters on our side.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I picked up two January 28 I have another one sitting at Freestate. It will be March 28 when we can submit that one, and I am assuming "not disapproved" about June 1.

Stop bashing MSP. The people processing are overwhelmed, and most probably are sympathetic to us. If we hound them and bash them it will slow them down and annoy them. They are caught in the middle.

I know patience is running thin with the process. I'm as unhappy as anyone. But direct your energy to the House of Delegates, not the FFL's and MSP, they didn't write the laws.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Their a$$ is important, even if they technically legally can release after 8 days.

Don't fight the wrong fight at the wrong time with the wrong people. The worst thing that could happen right is "just one gun" getting into the wrong hands. The Anti spin machine would go into overdrive and we will never get the fence sitters on our side.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I picked up two January 28 I have another one sitting at Freestate. It will be March 28 when we can submit that one, and I am assuming "not disapproved" about June 1.

Stop bashing MSP. The people processing are overwhelmed, and most probably are sympathetic to us. If we hound them and bash them it will slow them down and annoy them. They are caught in the middle.

I know patience is running thin with the process. I'm as unhappy as anyone. But direct your energy to the House of Delegates, not the FFL's and MSP, they didn't write the laws.

I couldnt agree more
    :gun3:

bladehack

Feb 23, 2013
    This situation is unbelievable. I just talked to MSP and my application was officially "not disapproved" on 3/14 for paperwork faxed on 2/4. However, my FFL hasn't received a fax back from MSP. I just got off the phone with my FFL and he said the last paperwork he got faxed back from the MSP was 3/15 for a "not disapproved" on 3/9. So it takes MSP 6 days to fax back a FFL the paperwork after they "approve" the application?

This state is the worst. I need to pick up this firearm this week since my schedule will make it very difficult to pick up from the FFL after the close of this week.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Yeah and stop calling the MSP - all you are doing is slowing shit down even further.

Apparently that is not the best course of action.

Call MSP licensing division! Give them your social # and they will look it up and tell you were it stands. It took 10 minutes to get what I needed. The lady told me that somebody processed it and it was "not-disapproved" but somebody forgot a whole batch of paperwork and it never got mailed or faxed. She said that since I took the intiative to follow up on it she would personally take the forms and mail them out herself on here way home, and all the others will just have to wait since they obviously dont care enough top take a few minutes out of their day to make the call.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Well, today is day 42 for me and Supposedly my app from 2/5 is being processed today so they said it should be another day or 2 until I hear from my dealer. So, in MSP time it might be another 2 weeks.....word to the wise for the future. If you really need to call MSP because you have been waiting 40+ days, ask for Trooper Brock. She will take care of you. Shes not in today but im sure will be later this week. Otherwise, if you dont have atleast 40 days from the time your paperwork was faxed,don't bother calling. Your wasting your time and your just gonna be more angry after calling because your not gonna get the info that you are looking for because they will give you am attitude and you will just be even more pissed!!! Remember, I know everyone has had a long wait, but theres always someone out there waiting longer than you!

EvanU

Feb 13, 2013
    Well, today is day 42 for me and Supposedly my app from 2/5 is being processed today so they said it should be another day or 2 until I hear from my dealer. So, in MSP time it might be another 2 weeks.....word to the wise for the future. If you really need to call MSP because you have been waiting 40+ days, ask for Trooper Brock. She will take care of you. Shes not in today but im sure will be later this week. Otherwise, if you dont have atleast 40 days from the time your paperwork was faxed,don't bother calling. Your wasting your time and your just gonna be more angry after calling because your not gonna get the info that you are looking for because they will give you am attitude and you will just be even more pissed!!! Remember, I know everyone has had a long wait, but theres always someone out there waiting longer than you!

Did you call them today? Our apps should be right with each others. Same dealer, same day.

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    My old boss did the paperwork for a transfer on 1/30/13. He was not disapproved on 3/8/13. He called today to check the status and that is when they told him he was good on the 8th. The lady he spoke to at MSP said that they have the volunteers sending the paperwork out and they were busy doing other things. She said if he didnt call then who knows how long it would have sat and that she was mailing it out today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom