• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Purchase 2/1. Pick-up 3/16. Designated Collector application sent in the same day, also arrived today.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Someone on the wait time thread said they picked up 2/5 today and I called the place I go to for ammo and they said 2/5 also. My FFL is BUNK....

I wondered how long it would take for folks to start turning and shooting the messenger.....:tdown:

If someone has proof that an FFL didn't transmit paperwork in a timely manner, or if they were rude when folks inquired about returns, absolutely, you have the right to complain about their customer service, but not the MSP return time over which a FFL has zero control.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    I wondered how long it would take for folks to start turning and shooting the messenger.....:tdown:

If someone has proof that an FFL didn't transmit paperwork in a timely manner, or if they were rude when folks inquired about returns, absolutely, you have the right to complain about their customer service, but not the MSP return time over which a FFL has zero control.

I feel like the FFL does have alittle control. Like when you go in to fill out paperwork on a certain day and the FFL waits a week to fax your paperwork and instead of them saying hey man, we didnt get your paperwork faxed until a week after . They say , ah , we know nothing. Its all MSP. We'll call you dont call us. As a paying customer I feel like that is unnacceptable. Especially when the people you find out from is MSP , not the dealer. The dealers have more control over the paperwork then I do but when asked a ? They say nothing. This is just my dealer Im talking about. Not all ofcourse. Just the fact that they have my $$$ and im still waiting gives me the "RIGHT" to do all the complaining I want. The customer is always right.....

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013

Also, the fact that I see more people from Engage Armament picking up on this forum than any other place is gonna make sure that next time Im in the market for a firearm, I will be making the 45 minute drive to Rockville to do my business!

sgtjunk

Aug 5, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    I feel like the FFL does have alittle control. Like when you go in to fill out paperwork on a certain day and the FFL waits a week to fax your paperwork and instead of them saying hey man, we didnt get your paperwork faxed until a week after . They say , ah , we know nothing. Its all MSP. We'll call you dont call us. As a paying customer I feel like that is unnacceptable. Especially when the people you find out from is MSP , not the dealer. The dealers have more control over the paperwork then I do but when asked a ? They say nothing. This is just my dealer Im talking about. Not all ofcourse. Just the fact that they have my $$$ and im still waiting gives me the "RIGHT" to do all the complaining I want. The customer is always right.....

I don't understand though. I mean, I thought that they would be free to release the gun after the 7 day wait period. I'm a little miffed and disappointed because I have had a background check done so many times I can't count. It just seems unfair that my previous checks and government clearance mean nothing.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I don't understand though. I mean, I thought that they would be free to release the gun after the 7 day wait period.

They can't release it without a NICS #, which they won't have until the MSP faxes the paperwork back to them.

I'm a little miffed and disappointed because I have had a background check done so many times I can't count. It just seems unfair that my previous checks and government clearance mean nothing.

Yeah, it's dumb. It's Maryland, The Free State.

BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    I don't understand though. I mean, I thought that they would be free to release the gun after the 7 day wait period. I'm a little miffed and disappointed because I have had a background check done so many times I can't count. It just seems unfair that my previous checks and government clearance mean nothing.

I have the same thing going for me but the government wants the most up to date information on you.

aspade

Sep 27, 2008
    Also, the fact that I see more people from Engage Armament picking up on this forum than any other place is gonna make sure that next time Im in the market for a firearm, I will be making the 45 minute drive to Rockville to do my business!

Engage is a great shop and well worth the drive but they're on MSP's schedule like everyone else. I'm on day 37 there and I'll be surprised if I get a call next week.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012

As I noted, not sending in forms in a timely manner or being rude to a customer is bad business, so we can at least agree on that.

Engage is indeed a great shop and friends of ours, by all means shop there and I am sure you will get great service; what you won't get is your paperwork back even one day faster than any ther FFL.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    do they all go to one central MSP location or are they split up like east, west, north, south.

it's obvious, the system isn't working/responding as intended

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom