• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAGGERZ13

Feb 14, 2013
    This wait period is getting hard for shops to be able to store guns....it's going to get to the point where shops won't be able to do any more transfers because the wait period will be at 100+ days before we know it.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    This wait period is getting hard for shops to be able to store guns....it's going to get to the point where shops won't be able to do any more transfers because the wait period will be at 100+ days before we know it.

I wonder if shops could rent a storage unite or something to store them in? They can't stop selling so need to do something

On a different note talked to MSP today my app is waiting to be sent to the ffl said they are removing apps sent in at same time that haven't gotten the not disapproved and I should have it Monday or Tuesday at the latest that said looks like they take 3 days to send it back and only send back the batch of apps as a group.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    I wonder if shops could rent a storage unite or something to store them in? They can't stop selling so need to do something

On a different note talked to MSP today my app is waiting to be sent to the ffl said they are removing apps sent in at same time that haven't gotten the not disapproved and I should have it Monday or Tuesday at the latest that said looks like they take 3 days to send it back and only send back the batch of apps as a group.

What was your purchase date?

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    I'm going to be filling out paperwork tomorrow for another purchase looks like I'll get it just in time for summer. I still have a multiple purchase from mid feb still waiting to clear. This shit is driving me nuts. I wish I would've moved to va...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I feel ya i'm sitting on 4 purchases right now

It would actually save the MSP time if they had the ability to collate all pending firearms purchases for one individual in the same file (probably a more sophisticated system than they rely on now). In your situation, it seems enormously time inefficient for them to run the same series of 16-17 background checks four times in probably the period of a month.

Sent using Tapatalk

BigBlue

Feb 2, 2013
    Just called my FFL. They got back 2/1 and 2/2 today. Just waiting on my 2/7....should only be another 2 or 3 weeks at this rate:rolleyes::banghead:

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    Son of a B! Lol. People are getting their paperwork from days after me. Jan. 31 for me and no word yet. Called my FFL guy yesterday and he said 1/28 was the last he got.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    There is a 'COURTS' system inside MILES that is much more complete than case search that they use. I think that is the biggie. They catch a lot of Baltimore City stuff that way that isn't in a regular CJIS check, because (shocker) Baltimore City agencies are piss poor about entering little things like warrants and CH records into CJIS/NCIC.

That, and the mental hospital inpatient records check are the main ones outside of NICS they do I think. I know there are a few other databases checked like MVA but those are the big ones.

Thanks for the info. MILES is a computer db, I'm guessing? Interesting that Baltimore is once again the problem in MD...

And thanks for the cleanup.

This whole 6+ week wait is nothing short of going FULL retard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom