MSP Got one... Instructor caught cutting corners, permits invalidated.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How would they make it happen if the Supreme Court confirmed that the state has the right to outline how a permit is obtained (other than good and substantial reason)?? I plan on donating either way as MSI is a great org....just don't see this happening in MD as much as id like it to.
    The Supreme Court also said the meaning of the 2nd Amendment was what it was when it was adopted and when the 14th made it applicable to the states. So THT says show me the amount and quality of the training required before buying and carrying firearms in the 1780's and 1860's.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Supreme Court also said the meaning of the 2nd Amendment was what it was when it was adopted and when the 14th made it applicable to the states. So THT says show me the amount and quality of the training required before buying and carrying firearms in the 1780's and 1860's.

Yeah , it was in the fine print , and not bold headlines , but I'll paraphrase a couple points :

" THIS case is not challenging the process , other than the Good Cause "

" Some form of process for a Shall Issue Permit is allowable , but can't be Unreasonable ."

" Existing process will be presumed acceptable , until challenged ."

" The process must not be an Undue Burden to the Common Citizen "

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Someone has no understanding of how people deal with living on the economic edge and needing to juggle expenses.
    When I found a W&C class, I signed up right away without giving it a second thought, and when I got home from day 2 I finalized my application and paid the $75. There were a lot of times in my life where I'd have had to plan those expenses out over a couple months. Those politicians know exactly what they are doing.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Also, flipping the MGA would go a long way towards reducing the infringements.
    Had Trump packed up all the .gov agencies and spread them out around the country, this would have been very doable.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    This had been going on for some time. I was one of the 1st Instructors doing HQL & W & C. After about a year a new instructor started "Teaching" "Selling" classes like 4.5 hrs for a W & C class. A complaint was filed and MSP called the complainant and nothing was done about it as he continued on. He was having 15-20 students per W & C and were cutting times on all. He did a HQL in about and hour for an I dividual one afternoon. It's about time somebody was held accountable. As far as the 16 hr requirement I think it is needed as everyone can use a refresher no matter how good you are. And the requirement for prior service military being exempt from training is not a good idea. Most veterans never shot a pistol as their weapon used was a M-16. Big difference wouldn't you say. I advised all prior service they were exempt and offered the class free to them. About 40% took advantage of the class. Again as far as training being a requirement, I had a friend ( as well as others)that only shot his carry firearm on his initial class and every three years. I suspect this is a common event for a lot of individuals as we are all to busy these days and practice is on the back burner.
    A trainer who thinks training should be mandatory eh? Wouldn't have anything to do with your livelihood dependent on it right?

Since the mandatory training is pretty basic here's an idea, how about flexing your skills and offering something more advanced and live or die based on your actual skills instead of something that the state has mandated? You know, like the rest of us have to do.

Don't get me wrong, you and others have a sweet gig going, I would love (not really) to have the state mandate that restaurant owners HAD to buy 16 hours worth of equipment installation even though they could do it themselves or just acquired a fully functional facility. Instead if potential clients don't like what I offer at the price I offer it guess what, I get to starve and live outside.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Stove... Your post always bring an effervescence of freedom... carry on... :D

Truck driver... big word... ha.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We can all dream

And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass on the ground.

Had Trump packed up all the .gov agencies and spread them out around the country, this would have been very doable.

And if a frog had wings , it wouldn't bump its @$$ on the ground .
    One vote at a time. Get one person who wasn't going to vote red (or at all) to do the right thing...then get them to get someone else to.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep someone asked Mother Theresa how she was going to help the thousands of suffering people in front of her.

She said “I’m starting with this one right here.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yep someone asked Mother Theresa how she was going to help the thousands of suffering people in front of her.

She said “I’m starting with this one right here.”

:thumbsup:
    I hadn't heard that before. It is beautiful.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    To be honest I heard Don Imus repeat it.

No reason to doubt his veracity

Still a good plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom