• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Youre new so ill cut you some slack. FTFY

That's not at all what I said in my post.

And I have NEVER blamed a Police Officer after receiving a traffic ticket for some thing I did wrong. My Free Will resulted in Him doing His job.

Seat Belt tickets are another story because I believe it's my body and the STATE should have no control over what I do with it.

I feel the same way about helmet laws too. It's my head and if I want to drag it unprotected down 695 that should be my choice.

If you're a Police Officer, thank you for your service.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    In keeping with our commitment to public safety, a new NICS check will be conducted for those applications having a NICS expiration date due to expire within 5 days of being stamped "Not Disapproved".

So now you get to have 2 NICS checks because they ballsed it up & can't figure out how to fix it?
    Slid that one by quietly didn't they!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Kinda proves the MSP 's paperwork is sitting for a while before the first NICS check is run. Why else would they mention it? It will definitely screw up NIC's stats on background checks if multiple checks are run on the same purchase.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I read on another thread that if your app comes up and one of the 17 or so data bases are down, then the app goes to review.
    I don't know how true this is, or how often a data base is down, but given the number of apps going to review with apparently no good reason, this seems likely. hints from other posts may indicate that the data bases are not that reliable (ie- down a lot) or the antiquated MSP IT system can't access then a lot.

You would think that they would have 17 computers in a line like an assembly line, one with each database on it, and run applications through it one after another. You would think there would be a checklist attached to each Form 77r for the computer operator to initial as passed for the specific database that he/she checks. That would make way too much sense to operate this system like an assembly line at this point. Nah, have each person crank through all 17 databases for each application. Switching between each one several times throughout the day. Sounds like insanity.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    i got a pic of the computers they use

modle4.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    But they don't have the 17 people to staff the computers. The technology is stuck in the 70's IMHO. Like the MVA.

Hire temps. Is this such a novel idea. Companies do it all the time when they need to get something done and do not have the humanpower available. It could be done here too. It is a matter of wanting to get things done, versus just not caring.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    You're new so I'll cut you some slack.

This is a logical and logistical free zone.
    Wait, does this mean I have to leave too? But I like it here, its like a support group to the gun deprived. I need my therapy!

Please tell me that you are joking. I am hoping that was posted as sarcasm. If not, the state has some serious issues.

What the heck is it doing with tax dollars?

Tax dollars? I thought they were "voluntary Omalley donation contributions". Ya know, like the 77R is "voluntary".

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Please tell me that you are joking. I am hoping that was posted as sarcasm. If not, the state has some serious issues.

What the heck is it doing with tax dollars?

it was sarcasm in response to the stuck in the 70's comment

as to what they do with the tax dollars dont ask me i live on the shore
    all the money is spent on the other side of the bay :)

but im sure it has to do with mom and his pet projects

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Failure to set up reasonable accommodation for the training as well as more than "nominal" fees for licensing arguably constitutes unreasonable hindrance to the exercise of a fundamental right and will add fuel to the lawsuit regarding SB281 that is going to be filed.
    IANAL, but it seems if they don't get the training together and have reasonable access (ie- a 2 hour drive is probably not reasonable), that is justification for injunctive relief until the case is heard and the law overturned. It will be hard to argue that injunctive relief constitutes an imminent danger since the decades old system will still be in place, unlike the Shall Issue decision which denied injunctive relief which would have been a change to existing procedure.
    So I am not sure if the MSP's inabilty to provide the needed infrastructure for SB281 to take effect is a bad thing in the long run.

Thoughts?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hire temps. Is this such a novel idea. Companies do it all the time when they need to get something done and do not have the humanpower available. It could be done here too. It is a matter of wanting to get things done, versus just not caring.
    It's the latter.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland

I really don't want a "temp" with that kind of access to my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom