• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    FIREARMS REGISTRATION SECTION: STATUS UPDATE, 5/24/13:
    The Maryland State Police Licensing Division is dedicated to keeping our Regulated Firearms Dealers better informed regarding the progress being made with respect to the processing of the 54,108 Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm forms. It is our hope that this weekly update helps dealers respond to its customers and offers them the ability to better coordinate its plans of operation.

It is our hope that this weekly correspondence will reduce the number of phone calls, emails and other correspondence being addressed by our employees who are fully dedicated to processing the enormous backlog of applications.

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division continues to thank each of our dealers in advance for their continued support, patience and understanding. We continue to dedicate our resources every day and are committed to processing each application with care, quality and diligence. The Firearms Registration Section is currently processing applications received on March 19, 2013 for initial reviews while secondary reviews are working on applications received on March 03, 2013.

In keeping with our commitment to public safety, a new NICS check will be conducted for those applications having a NICS expiration date due to expire within 5 days of being stamped "Not Disapproved".

To assist Licensing Division in processing applications, dealers are asked to review applications prior to submission.

Public Safety Article 5-122. Disapproval of firearm application
    (a) Grounds. The Secretary shall disapprove a firearm application if:
    (1) the Secretary determines that the firearm applicant supplied false information or made a false statement;
    (2) the Secretary determines that the firearm application is not properly completed;

Incomplete/Unreadable Applications Will Automatically Be Disapproved.

In an effort to provide guidance regarding the Firearms Safety Act of 2013, scheduled to become effective October 1, 2013, the Maryland State Police Licensing Division is currently working with State partners such as the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention, Maryland State’s Attorney’s
    Association, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Maryland Chiefs of Police Association, Maryland Sheriffs’ Association, and the Maryland Attorney General to plan and provide training seminars which will be offered regionally beginning in September. More information regarding training times, dates and locations will be published once the information is confirmed.

In observance of Memorial Day, the Licensing Division will be closed to the public on Monday, 5/27/13.

Firearms Registration Section
    Licensing Division

As always, I apologize if this is a re-post, but I did not see anything about it in this forum.

http://www.mdsp.org/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision.aspx

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Seminars to begin in September......probably about the 30th for a law that goes in effect Oct. 1. I assume the seminars will also be for the general public so we can find out what the law says.......or someone assumes it says.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    smells like ******** to me

lotta words that says they have no solution and are lost as a functional organization

but they are good at giving seat belt citations $$$$
    :sign03:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    But they can issue thousands of tickets over the memorial day weekend

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/md-troopers-issue-thousands-of-traffic-citations/

I dont care whos drunk driving, speeding, whatever. Let the counties, cities, MDTA, and any other PD's handle that. We are paying for a service they cannot provide.

Tickets = Money taken from the Hard Working Tax Payers so there is Money for MOM so the Non-Working Welfare Maggots can suck on MOM's teets.

The Notsomerrylandistan Circle of Life. I mean Dependency.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If we are paying for a service that costs X amount of dollars to be done in X amount of days, should we get a prorated discount or refund?

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    I have been wondering how they were going to pull off this training requirement ever since I was at the Judiciary committee hearing on SB281. by passing this law they have pissed off all the people they would need to pull off a "training" course, namely qualified trainers (NRA instructors Et Al), and range owners. I suppose the overstaffed state police could do it at one of there 5 official ranges in the state...it would be awesome if I had to drive two hours each way to "certified" range to take the handgun certification......

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    An admission of ongoing and further infringement, and evidence that the new laws are so complicated they need to have training seminars . . . up is down, left is right, all has become backwards in this State.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Did I blink , or is there a total absense of any groups representing firearm owners involved in any discussions of post Oct 1 planning ?

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    At least they acknowledge that they suck at their job in the firearms licensing division. Wonder what happen to the 21 hours a day every day line? Guess they got called out in it so they had to put it away for a while....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    If you have an out of State CCW are IP's more willing to release?? I ask because I wont get my new rifle till some time in August, and that sucks to miss the summer because IP's are afraid to release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom