Orlando, FL
    i got a pic of the computers they use

modle4.jpg

Yes everyone that is a joke.....

Theres no way msp has anything that advanced

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This thread has devolved to where I have to drop one my favorite pics....

Don't bother me with efficiency!!!

Attachments

• image-4027835167.jpg
      image-4027835167.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 390

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Why can't it done like in states like VA and so forth, within 10 mins you get the background check? I know it's been said millions of times, but it's just common sense.

Because, unlike citizens of VA, PA, WV, and most other states, Marylanders are not to be trusted by "their" government to exercise "their" rights (relatively) freely. Maryland citizens, unlike those of many other states, bear the burden to prove otherwise.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    An AR 15 with a weight of 6.5 pounds = 88 Day Wait Time.

An AR 15 with a weight of 9.5 pounds = Cash and Carry.

Both will KILL the living crap out of something with equal efficiency.

I guess the State of Notsomerrylandistan has figured out that a Mass Murdering Freakazoidal Nutjob won't want to lug around that additional 3 pounds.

The only real decision a criminal would have to make is whether to carry two 30 rounders, three 20 rounders, or six 10 rounders.

For those of you who are slow on the up-take, 60 is 60 is 60.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    You do realize that continuing to hammer them means they have less people to work on applications because those people have to answer the phones and respond to e-mails.

I feel somewhat sorry for the peons in the process, not so much for the top brass. Hard to believe that they cannot fire some temps or something to do database checks. Pretty sure they could even hire some temp attorney from a staffing agency, get them up to speed quick on the 17 databases, keep them on staff for several months until this entire mess has been worked through, and then cut them loose.

If they wanted to, I think they could figure out a way to speed things up and still remain true to public safety.

:lol2:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I really don't want a "temp" with that kind of access to my life.

Yeah, and do you think they have anything better there going over your applications right now?

Kind of like the people over at the Comptroller's Office that have the same information about you in your tax return. Do you think everybody that looks your information over goes through an anal cavity search prior to being hired? Heck, I did an audit of the Comptroller's Office, the University of Maryland College Park, and a bunch of other government agencies that had sensitive information. If you think your information on that Form 77r is only being seen by members of the NSA, then I have some bridges that I can sell you.

Might as well get some legal temps in there that at least had to have decent credit, criminal record, etc. to sit for the bar exam. When applying for the bar exam, I had to pretty much go through a one hour cavity search because I plead guilty to hunting birds over bait my first year of law school. I know a woman that was not allowed to sit for the bar exam because she had a terrible credit rating.

Again, I am sure they could find some temps to fill in, if they really wanted to. It has been almost 5 months since this backlog started. They surely could have done something more than they have done to this point.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I really don't want a "temp" with that kind of access to my life.

Curious, do you put your SS# down on the form for unregulated purchases? If so, how is a temp at MSP any different than some kid working a summer job at the FFL running unregulated paperwork?

I might be completely wrong about this, but my understanding was civilians did the first review and anything hinky got reviewed by a sworn Trooper?

matt_yamaha_guy_450

Jun 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Why can't it done like in states like VA and so forth, within 10 mins you get the background check? I know it's been said millions of times, but it's just common sense.

To bad they don't open up for us to go buy regulated guns from them id be in my car headed to pa to spend my money there where there is no 3 month wait

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Talk about some BS. The original status was on 5/24/2013 and they were working on March 19, 2013 for initial reviews and March 3, 2013 for second reviews. Here is the most recent update:

FIREARMS REGISTRATION SECTION: STATUS UPDATE, 6/7/13:
    The Maryland State Police Licensing Division is dedicated to keeping our Regulated Firearms Dealers better informed regarding the progress being made with respect to the processing of the 57,732 Maryland State Police Application and Affidavit to Purchase a Regulated Firearm forms. It is our hope that this weekly email continues to help dealers respond to its customers and offers them the ability to better coordinate its plans of operation.

It is our hope that this weekly correspondence will reduce the number of phone calls, emails and other correspondence being addressed by our employees who are fully dedicated to processing the enormous backlog of applications.

The Maryland State Police Licensing Division continues to thank each of our dealers in advance for their continued support, patience and understanding. We continue to dedicate our resources every day and are committed to processing each application with care, quality and diligence. The Firearms Registration Section is currently processing applications received on March 23, 2013 for initial reviews while secondary reviews are working on applications received on March 14, 2013.

It has been 14 days between updates and they have only progressed 4 days further on the initial reviews. Albeit, they progressed 11 days on the secondary reviews. Thing is, it is my understanding that the secondary reviews have to be done by sworn officers. So, what the heck is going on with the initial reviews?

The initial reviews are currently running 76 days from the date of the application. Just insane I tell you.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Isn't it funny how all the MSP backlog BS has taken all the attention away from CCW. We hardly even discuss that anymore. I guess they figured they will run us around for so long just trying to get a gun that we will forget all about wanting to carry it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom