• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I posted my suspicion about the letter's authenticity. Then I read Partick's post that the letter was real. I deleted my post. But I'm still suspicios so here it goes:

The shields on the letter appear to be embroidered shields clip art pasted on the page.
    The licensing division letterhead usually has the MD seal on one side and a trooper shield on the other. This letter has neither. This letter does not have the name of the person who wrote it. This letter was supposedly received IN COLOR the day it was written? Faxes are usually black and white. It may be real but it looks like a homemade attempt to manipulate dealers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      31.7 KB · Views: 298
    • image_zpsd7896f3c.jpg
      image_zpsd7896f3c.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 299

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    just got home from Bass Pro. i asked one of the guys behind the counter about them letting guns go sooner. he knew about the letter and said to me they have been tiring to get something more from BATF and nothing yet from them.. so were waiting till paper work comes back.. so much for a letter.......looks like 100 days he said.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I posted my suspicion about the letter's authenticity. Then I read Partick's post that the letter was real. I deleted my post. But I'm still suspicios so here it goes:

The shields on the letter appear to be embroidered shields clip art pasted on the page.
    The licensing division letterhead usually has the MD seal on one side and a trooper shield on the other. This letter has neither. This letter does not have the name of the person who wrote it. This letter was supposedly received IN COLOR the day it was written? Faxes are usually black and white. It may be real but it looks like a homemade attempt to manipulate dealers.

Your point is interesting, and not to be discounted, but the OP said it came in an email. I also wonder if scanning an embroidered patch is the easiest way to forge a document. Still, it makes you wonder. It is unlike any other form available for download on the MSP web site, as far as I can tell.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Your point is interesting, and not to be discounted, but the OP said it came in an email. I also wonder if scanning an embroidered patch is the easiest way to forge a document. Still, it makes you wonder. It is unlike any other form available for download on the MSP web site, as far as I can tell.

The first image that came up in google was the same patch

https://www.google.com/search?q=maryland+state+police&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=CcSzUcH-EY764APK8YCoAQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CeJCPzyKFrfN5KM%3A

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      22.5 KB · Views: 277

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    The section you are referring to is for long guns/copycats.

The section on handguns and the HQL starts on page 26, line 18.

Enactment is called out on page 62, line 13.

As far as the HQL, every interpretation I've read says that these are required to purchase a handgun after 10/1/13. Ours were purchased prior to that date. I guess I will just have to hope that my app comes back before then or that the interpretations I've read are correct. Either way, it's water under the bridge now...my handgun was purchased on 4/25 and the FFL says the app was faxed on 5/1....not much I can do about it now but hope they see it the way I see it. If the 100 day estimates are correct, I guess I can hope to see it mid August.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    IMO, if it was a hoax favoring gun rights, we'd have heard of an investigation and/or arrest by now!

If it is a hoax, whoever did it is in some deep cah cah, and after the conviction probably won't be able to get a gun, no matter how long the wait.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

As much as I love me a good conspiracy story, I will rain on this one. Sorry. ;)

There is an odd story on how it came about, but it's real. Our attorney's have talked the the AG's office about it.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Why not (if a collector) look at the letterhead approving you to be a collector from MSP?

Sent from one of my 15 phones from your front door

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    35,000 got a good deal. Sorry for the backlog guys.

I would never wait for a Flock I mean Glock...They're all over the city...I go there to get one. Hahahaha

Sent from one of my 15 phones from your front door

I just got a nice one from some old ford off Wilkens Ave by the courthouse. Some guy in a dark blue shirt and gray pants left it in his car. There is some French tag on it. Says "Evidence". Whatever that means. Oh well. Shoots great except I think someone accidentally bumped the serial number against a wall. I cant find it.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    As much as I love me a good conspiracy story, I will rain on this one. Sorry. ;)

There is an odd story on how it came about, but it's real. Our attorney's have talked the the AG's office about it.

Trust me, I'm glad it's authentic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom