• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    By the way, the law which Lou and Bigfoot referred to is now covered under the Public Safety Article of the Maryland Annotated Code and basically just states there is a minimum of 7 days to wait for licensees (licensed dealers).

PUBLIC SAFETY
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 1. REGULATED FIREARMS

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-123 (2012)

§ 5-123. Time for licensee to complete transactions

(a) Seven-day waiting period. -- A licensee may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm until after 7 days following the time a firearm application is executed by the firearm applicant, in triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.

(b) Completion required in 90 days. -- A licensee shall complete the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved.

(c) Incomplete transactions. --

(1) If the sale, rental, or transfer of a regulated firearm is not completed within 90 days after the firearm application was stamped by the Secretary as not being disapproved, a licensee shall return the firearm application to the Secretary within 7 days.

(2) The Secretary shall void a firearm application returned under paragraph (1) of this subsection as an incomplete sale, rental, or transfer.

(d) Notification of completed transaction. --

(1) (i) A licensee who sells, rents, or transfers a regulated firearm in compliance with this subtitle shall forward a copy of the written notification of the completed transaction to the Secretary within 7 days after delivery of the regulated firearm.

(ii) The notification shall contain an identifying description of the regulated firearm, including its caliber, make, model, any manufacturer's serial number, and any other special or peculiar characteristic or marking by which the regulated firearm may be identified.

(2) The Secretary shall maintain a permanent record of all notifications received of completed sales, rentals, and transfers of regulated firearms in the State.

always in the name of public safety.

the alibi of tyrants, they say

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think some of our 2A friends in the MD GA need to use this to try and get the 7 day waiting period appealed/changed.

I would even be happy with one 7-day wait per year for regulated purchases, on the first purchase of the year.

That would give them the opportunity to say they can check for changes in someone's situation on a periodic basis, while still allowing people (especially Designated Collectors) the freedom to buy their firearms [relatively] unencumbered.

Last edited:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just purchased a handgun.. per the sale rep.. the average wait 14 days. msp is still swamp.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    My 7th day was Jan. 4th. To make it seem better on the 5th I went in and filled out the paperwork on another one, so when I can finally pick up the first one it should only be 7 days till I can pickup the second one, we shall see.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Bought a .223 Spikes Tactical with a few Magpul goodies from a buddy of mine last Wednesday (The 2nd) and did the transfer paperwork same day, Guess it will be quite some time before I'm able to pick it up based on what I'm seeing here lol.

DOM

Nov 19, 2012
    I got lower from before the madness started and am waiting on a submission from just before Christmas. It is no big deal here though as parts to build them are still hard to find.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    UGGGGHHHHHH...still no call, i'm really starting to think me sending in my collector paper work on the 26th has really f'd something up.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    I was fortunate to find a Colt 6721. Although I wasn't really looking for the HBAR and 1:9 twist I figured "beggars can't be choosers" and I can build/buy another upper. The dealer had a 6920 LE that I missed by moments....what can you do.

Also, I was SUPER fortunate to get this at a "normal price" although if you ask my wife she would disagree..! When I tell her how much the AR's are selling for now she's not impressed with my investment because she knows I will never sell it!
    Your Wife and Mines both. She knew what I was doing when I rushed out of the house (I run for few reasons: Excercise, Family, Food, Sex, and Weapons).....Im at home with family, food, and I only excercise during the warm seasons outside......she said if its dealing with me and holes, it better be dealing with the gun.....I said hookers might be cheaper *Shrugs*

danbdan

Jan 1, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    Purchased a new pistol from Atlantic on the 28th... Still waiting. They told me that they're now getting back applications from the 22nd of December. Ugh... Hate the wait!

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Just went to my gun shop tonight so the Wifey could fill out paperwork on her new 92 Inox and was told minimum of 18 day wait! Just last Friday it was 15 days. When I filled out paperwork in December for two pistols due on the 26th and 28th, I was told 10 days... needless to say neither have come back yet. So for those counting it is 21 and 19 days on those two, respectively. I have an AR and an M1A arriving HOPEFULLY by Friday, but I guess it doesn't matter, at the rate things are going I'll probably be cutting grass before those two can be picked up! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom