• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Today LGS told me paperwork backlog is over 2 weeks at MSP. Trooper said they're handing out OT like crazy to try and catch up... and still not even coming close. He doesn't expect this trend to change any time soon.

BirchBrook22

Jan 4, 2013
    Better than Xmas morning...

Filled out the 26th, returned on the 9th.

Bought a Beretta PX4 Storm. Can anybody recommend a good speed loader? Beretta supplied one, but wasn't great...

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Better than Xmas morning...

Filled out the 26th, returned on the 9th.

Bought a Beretta PX4 Storm. Can anybody recommend a good speed loader? Beretta supplied one, but wasn't great...

Stay away from HP ammo, alot of info that it tears up the gun period. FMJ is fine.

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    Today LGS told me paperwork backlog is over 2 weeks at MSP. Trooper said they're handing out OT like crazy to try and catch up... and still not even coming close. He doesn't expect this trend to change any time soon.

I've heard that too. Numbers wise I've been told MSP went from receiving about 125 apps a day to 800.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Yeah I'm expecting to no get my ruger in my hands for at least a month maybe more, good thing Freestate has "visitation" and I'll be able to shoot it, just not take it home until I clear.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I started the transfer of an AR15 at the Westminster MSP barracks yesterday. The Sargent at the desk doing the paperwork said the MSP went from 100 apps a day to 600. 100 seems low, but in any case the number of applications submitted has gone up considerably. He did say we could do the physical transfer on the 8th day even without the completed paperwork.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Why can't dealers do this?

They can't/won't release the firearm without the NICS # which only the MSP can get from the FBI. By the letter of the law, they may be able to release it on the 8th day, but they're not going to put their neck out there without the NICS.

Since there is no FFL involved here, technically we can release it after the 7th day. One issue is that both parties have to sign the final paperwork once approved by the MSP. If you do the physical transfer first, you still either need to get together and sign or mail it to each other.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Holidays don't have an effect. Its 7 days weekends/holidays are still considered. Now, were the probably very short staffed those days yes, but holidays don't stop the 7 day process. I purchased my XD before thanksgiving and still received it in 7 days including turkey day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom