• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    congrats - what caliber? I am going to get the 21 g4 after thanksgiving

Glock 19 (9mm compact) from Realco. Got a couple free magazines, too, so that made the decision easier. I'm gonna have some fun with this sucker, I tell ya what. Well, when I get to pick it up...

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    You know, I never used to object to the seven-day waiting period since I never bought a regulated firearm. That opinion changed very rapidly twenty-four hours and twenty-five minutes ago. I want my guuuuuuun!

I know what you mean, my paperwork went out last Friday and i'm eagerly waiting on news!

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    This "7-day" waiting period amuses me and here's why.

Back in April I purchased a new XDm on a Friday. Took almost 10 days (Sundays not included) for the dealer to get the paper work back from MSP. And they wouldn't release the gun to me until they received the paperwork back.

Bought an EMP from Montoya32 about a month ago. Paperwork was filled out on a Thursday. Less than 7 day's (Sunday included) later I get a phone call from Mark at Freestate saying that I was "Not Disapproved" and was able to go ahead with the sale. However, I could not pick the gun up from Tim until the following Tuesday (Day of the Hazzard Co. M&G) due to the "7 day" waiting period.

So we go from one extreme to another.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just silly. Once you have a safe full of regulated firearms, why do you have to wait 7 days?

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Just silly. Once you have a safe full of regulated firearms, why do you have to wait 7 days?

A NICS check is all that should be needed. 15 mins and out the door.

Hell, my rifle which was bought out of state was only a 1/2 hr wait. And that was due to the amount of checks being called in (Cabelas)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I had a conversation with an FFL today who confirmed for me that someone at MSP licensing is indeed telling dealers that the 7-day wait does not include holidays. This is clearly NOT what the law says.

In fact, they even told him that also "any time a Sunday falls within the 7-day period it does not count toward the seven days." :facepalm: :rolleyes: If anyone gets a name on who is telling dealers this, please let someone (like your local state senator) know, so that the trooper might be educated on the law he/she is enforcing, as well as
    the number of days in a week.

slog403

May 11, 2011
    Crofton
    Could it be because of the restrictions of probation which one usually gets placed on after a DUI?

Pretty much. I knew a 1st time DUI offender that was facing more than 1 year if they did not pass PBJ conditions including an ignition interlock. This person wás very thankful that the only charge was dui and no collecting/other activities for his pbj ( could have been way worse).

Please note i dont encourage pushing these bounds and/or persons. If you are ready for gun ownership then be willing to accept the responsibilities... otherwise stay at home.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I had a conversation with an FFL today who confirmed for me that someone at MSP licensing is indeed telling dealers that the 7-day wait does not include holidays. This is clearly NOT what the law says.

In fact, they even told him that also "any time a Sunday falls within the 7-day period it does not count toward the seven days." :facepalm: :rolleyes: If anyone gets a name on who is telling dealers this, please let someone (like your local state senator) know, so that the trooper might be educated on the law he/she is enforcing, as well as
    the number of days in a week.

Agreed. I've gone through the waiting process enough times recently to know for certain that Sunday is counted by MSP as part of the seven days. In other words, I buy on Saturday, I pick up on the following Saturday. No exceptions encountered, even with the occasional holiday in the mix. Has anyone here experienced otherwise?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I don't understand the 7 day wait on a RRA Elite Operator I purchased.
    Even tho its a heavy barrel but not marked on the barrel HBAR you have to wait 7 days.
    Just doesn't make sense to me....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I don't understand the 7 day wait on a RRA Elite Operator I purchased.
    Even tho its a heavy barrel but not marked on the barrel HBAR you have to wait 7 days.
    Just doesn't make sense to me....

The law basically reads HBAR's and clones. Many if not most dealers will treat a heavy barrel profile that isn't stamped HBAR as regulated because it's just a bit fuzzy and are worried about MSP interpretation. And MSP firearms licensing is really starting to get pricky with the dealers again for some reason. I have a feeling that minions of the O'Scuzzy administration may be putting pressure on them, but what do I know :innocent0

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    Tomorrow is day 15 for me...:sad20:

I can't say what I'd like to because I'd get banned. :o

WTF!? Dude, what is it with all you guys talking about 8, 9, 10, 15 day waits? I have NEVER in the span of 12 years and 9 firearm purchases waited more than 7 days. Why are they making you wait? Do they give any explanation? That's just wrong. 7 days is 7 days. You should get your gun if they haven't found anything in seven days. Hell, I can go online and find out enough about someone with Google, how can the MSP not do it with their resources in 7 days!?!?

I asked my local gun dealer about this the other day (lots of people talking about longer than 7 day waits.) He seemed to think that people that talk about longer than 7 day waits bought their gun at a dealer who is too cheap to buy a fax machine. Is this the case? Do any of you who are waiting that long know if they are mailing the forms out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom