• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    vetts1911: Everyone interested in IDPA does not follow this forum. You need to contact gunclubs like Noawiva in VA (they run IDPA), and Bridgeville Gun Club in DE. Each club has people that will be interested in helping.

That's a good point, I could give you email address for guys to talk to at both of those ranges. In fact there has been some talk at Bridgeville of attempting to do a sanctioned match in the future. And I know a couple of the guys were looking to help at a sanctioned match to get a better idea of what's involved.

Vette PM me if you would like there email addressed. Or send me yours and I can pass it along.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    That's a good point, I could give you email address for guys to talk to at both of those ranges. In fact there has been some talk at Bridgeville of attempting to do a sanctioned match in the future. And I know a couple of the guys were looking to help at a sanctioned match to get a better idea of what's involved.

Vette PM me if you would like there email addressed. Or send me yours and I can pass it along.

Thanks I will do and the folks spreading the word helps too.

dcharleyultra

Feb 16, 2013
    NoVA
    Chris, I should be available in November.

Edit: Oz had also approached me, as well as the AAFG email list. (Jack B is also responsible for me joining this list.)

Joe Paige

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Last edited:

skip17

Jun 17, 2010
    AAF&G SO

I would like to help SO the match. Oz has reached out to the AAF&G IDPA Match Directors, of which I am one, to get the word out. We have put out an email to all 40 of our SOs to see if we can get you the help you need. Feel free to reach out to us via our website or here if you need us to help coordinate as we get closer to the match.

Skip Miller

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    :thumbsup:
    I would like to help SO the match. Oz has reached out to the AAF&G IDPA Match Directors, of which I am one, to get the word out. We have put out an email to all 40 of our SOs to see if we can get you the help you need. Feel free to reach out to us via our website or here if you need us to help coordinate as we get closer to the match.

Skip Miller

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    You need a cover garment a pistol ,(1911 Glock Sig M&P in 9 mil min cal) will work fine at least 3 magazines holster and 2 magazine pouches. Then go to IDPA.com download the rulebook and do a little bit more research. You don't want to go and buy a bunch of gear that you can't use. Send me a pm I will be able help you out some more.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I am going to close this thread.

I am starting a new thread and we are firm on the new date. We are going to go with 10 stages (due to day light reasons) This will be a 3 day format Friday for staff, Sat and Sun for the competitors. Match fee may be reduced IF the prize table is not up to par but, will be catered by Bear Creek and out of town staff will have rooms paid for (according to days worked) staff rooms will be doubled up (pay half the cost of your room and you can the room to yourself)

The new match date is 8, 9, 10 November 2013.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom