• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    A winter match would be good but the day light is a killer. I would like to try this in November one year. We have always have had great weather but, like I was saying days are just to short.

4 stages starting 2pm and 4 more at 7pm.
    Sanctioned Day/Night.

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    The Sanners owners, current club rules and the surrounding neigborhood would prevent any night shooting. The BoD would have to be formally asked to make an exception. As the Chief Range Safety Officer for the club I would NOT approve it. We have a shoot house that may be used for low light stages.
    4 stages starting 2pm and 4 more at 7pm.
    Sanctioned Day/Night.

Bigpops

Open Shooters Unite!!
    Sep 30, 2010
    SoMd.
    We are in.....just tell us when.

My $.02 - half day formats are great for big matches with large round counts. I dont see this match fitting that bill. IDPA majors seldom hit the 300 round count numbers.

Fall would be sweet. Spring even sweeter ...but unpredictable weather.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm more than willing to help out at the match and possibly sponsor the event. The more notice given the better.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Okay so here is what I came up with and this has to go through the board.

I just want you all to see how I am planning out things and what you think.

14 stages, 233 rounds, 10 hours shooting with about a 1 hour lunch break (catered food will be ready because you filled out the match application telling them what you wanted) continuous drinks (that's water folks) stages will be pasted (you just shoot it and go) your looking at about 30 to 40 min per stage with 6 to 8 shooters per squad maximum.

Match fee would be 125 that and would include 1 match sponsored t-shirt, 1 raffle ticket and a nice catered lunch.

For an extra $15 you could buy or add to your match fee a match t-shirt.

I would need about 45 volunteers to run this match. That is going to be for times two days.

Friday would be staff and early shooters

Saturday and Sunday would be the match.

Trophies and raffle would follow at the caterer's restaurant .

Staff would get one raffle ticket for each day worked and half of the match fee for each day worked.

Still looking at 2 per room paid lodging for out of town SO's.

Match would have to be in June to support the day light time for this many stages.

Last edited:

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I have received some good input for the match.

We are more likely going to use the first week in April (because it has been way too long since we had a match) This puts some pressure on the sponsors and staff but, I think we can do it.

I can't see getting a half day format unless it is two half days and I just don't hear people wanting to spend two nights at a hotel.

Right now I have a match hotel lined up with breakfast included for $99 a night so if you double up it is an easy $50 per night.

The only concern I have is I hear some mixed thoughts of people not wanting to shoot 200 rounds and spend the whole day at the match. I plan on at least 200 rounds and 12 stages.

I will post a new thread later this year like I did for the 2011 match for info only to keep things easy to understand and for the folks to know who our sponsors are. This thread we are using right now is for your thoughts about the match.

Right now the most important thing is getting some SO's to volunteer and I will do my best to make a great SO package for you all.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    As I was filling out the spread sheet for the RO's I need your:

IDPA Membership #
    Name
    Qualification
    good email address
    Days you can work the match

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    Where can I find more info on local area matches? I checked the IDPA web site schedule (about 2 months ago) and the closest match I saw was in North Carolina.

Having a match in Maryland would be Excellent! I'm not qualified to be an SO but I'd like to help out if possible. I work every other weekend so I'd need to know the dates and times as soon as they're determined.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Where can I find more info on local area matches? I checked the IDPA web site schedule (about 2 months ago) and the closest match I saw was in North Carolina.

Having a match in Maryland would be Excellent! I'm not qualified to be an SO but I'd like to help out if possible. I work every other weekend so I'd need to know the dates and times as soon as they're determined.

You have two matches a month in Lexington Park and Anne Arundel has matches also. I tried to google some info and no joy so I see where you are have trouble.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'll volunteer to SO. I'm not IDPA certified yet but am planning on taking the next class JJ offers. If it is not before the match I'll still volunteer to help with whatever you need.

Oh and I wouldn't mind shooting it as well

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    I'll volunteer to SO. I'm not IDPA certified yet but am planning on taking the next class JJ offers. If it is not before the match I'll still volunteer to help with whatever you need.

PM me with your info.

You shoot Friday and then work the weekend.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

was wondering if you do need to be idpa SO to volunteer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom