MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Post 197 author lives near Rockville, maybe he could ride with you.

Oh, right.....nevermind.

Take my 12yo son and his 90+ yo WWII vet grandfather to USMC Museum as promised, or deal with your do this do that? Tough call..

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Take my 12yo son and his 90+ yo WWII vet grandfather to USMC Museum as promised, or deal with your do this do that? Tough call..

If you cant make tomorrow, there will be plenty of other opportunities. I've read so many of your posts, it would be good to meet you.

I drive from Frederick county to make these meetings. I've only been to about 40 Patriot Picket events though. Guess I've just missed meeting you each time.

Come on out this Monday night to lawyer's mall. That happens outside of normal work hours too.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If you cant make tomorrow, there will be plenty of other opportunities. I've read so many of your posts, it would be good to meet you.

I drive from Frederick county to make these meetings. I've only been to about 40 Patriot Picket events though. Guess I've just missed meeting you each time.

Come on out this Monday night to lawyer's mall. That happens outside of normal work hours too.

I'm happy you enjoy the trek from Frederick County to Annapolis, that is what it is all about. Reads like you may have mistaken me for someone seeking "2A creds" recognition though.
    I speculate the majority posting here at MDS as well are not seeking anyone's validation on their 2A position or contributions.

Been to ~8 HPRB hearings and some MDS lunches. We've met.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have been debating this bill to eliminate the Handgun Permit Review Board. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking this may ultimately be a good thing and backfire on the progressives. A judge may decide to follow the constitution - the Wrenn and 7th circuit decisions were persuasive. Plus, it may give us another shot at the 4th circuit via a direct appeal of a denial of a permit. An administrative law judge may ultimately decide that self defense qualifies as G&S.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I have been debating this bill to eliminate the Handgun Permit Review Board. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking this may ultimately be a good thing and backfire on the progressives. A judge may decide to follow the constitution - the Wrenn and 7th circuit decisions were persuasive. Plus, it may give us another shot at the 4th circuit via a direct appeal of a denial of a permit. An administrative law judge may ultimately decide that self defense qualifies as G&S.

My thoughts have been that many profess prevailing citing outdated laws used my MSP, asserting their constitutional rights against self incrimination, Citing Woollard and legal definitions of palpable need etc.
    If all this is legit, I'm not sure why there is such trepidation being in front of someone with a law degree as the arbiter. Would stare decisis finally work it's way in too and speed up things? Would the process be regional? Right now, good luck if you are denied in Garrett County or Ocean City, hell of a trip for a hearing.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm not sure why there is such trepidation being in front of someone with a law degree as the arbiter.

Well, I think that the trepidation is that judges are political appointees, and some are about as corrupt as the politicians who appoint them. Think Katie O'Malley.

Might take a while to get through the thicket to someone willing to enforce the constitution, and it will be costly initially.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If anyone trust the judges just look at the AG's from Maryland and around the US , they are suing and wasting tax-payers money on stupid suits . They have an agenda and it is not us .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Well, I think that the trepidation is that judges are political appointees, and some are about as corrupt as the politicians who appoint them. Think Katie O'Malley.

Might take a while to get through the thicket to someone willing to enforce the constitution, and it will be costly initially.

I agree with this https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5085880&postcount=106

Sat in front of an admin judge for eight full days a few years ago, and just as stated, she was an employee. Didn't throw off any political vibe to me. She was excellent at sifting through BS, eight days of it..

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I agree with this https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5085880&postcount=106

Sat in front of an admin judge for eight full days a few years ago, and just as stated, she was an employee. Didn't throw off any political vibe to me. She was excellent at sifting through BS, eight days of it..

All I am saying is the other side is always trying to stack the deck , they apply pressure and will do things behind the scenes .

Look at what is happening in our national setting , think about it being fool-proof I don't think so .
    They already have done this with the board members at HPRB political pressure the Dems best tool .

If you trust our Government that is great , but I don't trust them .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The trade off - Eventually ALJ could go farther at setting precedent. Vs much higher buy in costs for applicants to seek redress .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    How did we lose FSA 2013, there was a pretty good show of support against it, I thought. Has the NRA made any statement on this, or do they?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How did we lose FSA 2013, there was a pretty good show of support against it, I thought. Has the NRA made any statement on this, or do they?

Look at the first draft, then look at what passed. We made an enormous difference.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Poppa Joe Vallario is attached to the handgun permit review board repeal bill. Odds are high that thing will sail out of committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom