• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    If you can't pass it you shouldn't be carrying because you'll hit a bystander not a bad guy. The test is a joke. The whole gd pisses me off because it's so obviously just intended to prevent people from exercising their right, either due to the time or money required.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I rushed mine and my instructor did everything at 15. He threw me off because I volunteered to go first, and then what he stated he was going to do was different/harder than what the state says the qualification is. So I was nervous as hell. I rushed my shots, but I still went 25/25 at 15yds. Though my accuracy was crap. Normally I can put 15 rounds in 15 seconds in to about the center 8 inches at 15 yds, swap mags in a couple of seconds and then another 10 in 10 seconds (if we are talking a 25 shot qualification) all in that same 8 inches.

I got them all in the silhouette, but I had a few that were in the 7 and 8 ring...it was still about 80% in the center 8 inches (9 ring and in).

Slight fairness, public range, they didn't want to call the range cold to keep moving the target for everyone student and taking all that extra time. The instructor also stated that if anyone failed with the harder test, they would allow the student to do the regular MSP test of 3, 5, 7, 15.

Otherwise followed it. I wasn't going to call serious foul to move things faster, rather than take 10x longer.
    Apparently, your instructor can’t read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom