• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I agree. I don't understand the oppositional attitude. If you're carrying legally, what's the big deal? Courtesy always wins the day. In my mind, informing the officer that you are armed without copping an attitude is not trying to prove that you're cool. You're contributing to that officer's safety. I don't think anyone appreciates evasive answers. To me, if someone was giving me evasive answers, I'd think that person had something to hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can site at least a half a dozen instances where Maryland citizens legally carry within their restriction voluntarily advised a LEO at a traffic stop that they were carry, that all ended up being arrested, had to pay for a lawyer, and in three of the cases, forfeit their firearms in lieu of being prosecuted (to save money). I can also site at least three times that Maryland chickens legally carrying within their restrictions, were detained for a minimum of 2 hours and in most cases more, while the LEO tried to determine if the Maryland citizen was indeed carrying within their restrictions.

On the flip side, yes, there have been instances of no issues at traffic stops when the LEO has been notified voluntarily in Maryland, but those appear to be the exception.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I can site at least a half a dozen instances where Maryland citizens legally carry within their restriction voluntarily advised a LEO at a traffic stop that they were carry, that all ended up being arrested, had to pay for a lawyer, and in three of the cases, forfeit their firearms in lieu of being prosecuted (to save money). I can also site at least three times that Maryland chickens legally carrying within their restrictions, were detained for a minimum of 2 hours and in most cases more, while the LEO tried to determine if the Maryland citizen was indeed carrying within their restrictions.

On the flip side, yes, there have been instances of no issues at traffic stops when the LEO has been notified voluntarily in Maryland, but those appear to be the exception.

I have no reason to doubt your numbers. It is unfortunate that in a nation of laws, our laws in Maryland are so ambiguous that people can't make simple binary decisions. People from both approaches have made really solid explanations as to why they stand where they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

The BGOS in here is beyond belief.

Yep it's a hoot.. :rolleyes:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If informing I think I'd go with "I'm 10-32 at my 4 o'clock and my credentials are in my wallet, how would you like me to proceed" with the hope that things would go smoother than just saying "I got a gun".

FYI in Baltimore City, 10-32 means sufficient units on scene, slow your response (its the cancellation code to a signal 13 office in distress).
    Pretty much the exact opposite of a man with a gun 10-32 that everyone else uses.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nope.

Showing support for riot gear clad officers who aren't led by a liberal douche nozzle and are about to not take any crap from a bunch of snowflake commies and choosing to truthfully answer a question in a routine traffic stop are indeed not even in the same conversational ball park.

But I'm sure you knew that.

As for trust, I have implicit trust in all LEO until they give me a reason not to. The MD Gun Center, not so much....

Meh. Just be an adult. Work your business, and be the best you can and try not worrying about being a 2A influence to those you don't know. Best wishes on your travels while driving.
    Nice that you do what you do with others, but you lack in cop interaction skills 101.
    Crazy thing here is that cops on the forum here don't try to pretend they now about how to remodel a kitchen, like you pretend to know how cops should do their job.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Meh. Just be an adult. Work your business, and be the best you can and try not worrying about being a 2A influence to those you don't know. Best wishes on your travels while driving.
    Nice that you do what you do with others, but you lack in cop interaction skills 101.
    Crazy thing here is that cops on the forum here don't try to pretend they now about how to remodel a kitchen, like you pretend to know how cops should do their job.

Hmm, I'll have to ask the two LEO's who were references for me on my permit application how my cop interaction skills are, lol.

The difference between a cop and my profession is that a bad interaction with a cop can potentially ruin your life in lost wages, legal bills and possibly loss of job. A bad interaction with me will only ruin your budget. ;)

Like I said earlier, my very few and far between traffic stops have been problem free so this is all just internet "what ifs?"

It's all good, the next time I see you the :beer: are on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom