• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    My longest wait has been 16 days. My last few I have been able to pick up on day 8. I hope my new lucky streak continues. If so I will be picking up my new toy tomorrow.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good luck. 7 days would be a blessing but since the MSP is busy "disapproving" all the futile CCW applications they have been overwhelmed with the past month, it will take longer :)

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Good luck. 7 days would be a blessing but since the MSP is busy "disapproving" all the futile CCW applications they have been overwhelmed with the past month, it will take longer :)

Filled out my paperwork Thursday 3/22, my FFL faxed the paperwork on Friday 3/23. It's 3/30 and I'm good to go.

:party29:

It isnt always the FFL's fault.

My buddy and I bought pistols on the same day. He got his back on the 6th day and I got mine back on something like the 20th day.

Things happen.

This is true for sure. Once MSP just flat lost my paperwork. On about the 12th day I called myself to find out what was going on, and the woman I talked to at MSP insisted they had no pending app in the system under my name. Before I had a chance to call my FFL the next day, he called me and said MSP had just faxed back my "not disapproved".

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    hey guys im in the middle of my mandatory 7 day waiting period and just am curious as to how long it typically takes for the gun to be approved to be taken home...i have heard unfortunately that it is rarely 7 days becuase MDSP seem to not be in any particular hurry to let me go get my gun?

i have heard 10-14 days is pretty common.

It's always been right at 7 days for me

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    I am about to purchase a handgun purchase in MD for the first time in a few months. Do you pay the dealer when you submit your paperwork for background check and other documents? or Do you pay when you pick up at the end of the 7 day wait?

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I am about to purchase a handgun purchase in MD for the first time in a few months. Do you pay the dealer when you submit your paperwork for background check and other documents? or Do you pay when you pick up at the end of the 7 day wait?

Most dealers require a deposit, amounts vary. It is usually non-refundable, should you not get approved. (or not "not disapproved":rolleyes:)

I usually pay full upfront though, especially if I know the dealer. It gets his money to him quicker, and it's one less thing to do when picking up.

MH

Swoop

Say hello to my little...
    Mar 25, 2012
    MD
    Most dealers require a deposit, amounts vary. It is usually non-refundable, should you not get approved. (or not "not disapproved":rolleyes:)

I usually pay full upfront though, especially if I know the dealer. It gets his money to him quicker, and it's one less thing to do when picking up.

MH

Thanks, glad to know the state/dealer gets my money either way. :lol2: I'll probably pay up from since I have never been disapproved. The only time it took longer than an hour in TX was because I accidently checked the purchasing firearm for someone box (it was after a long day of work). Stopped in the next day and the guy said did you accidently check the wrong block. I was like wouldn't you know I did. 30 minutes later I was walking out with my rifle.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    You need a new FFL dealer. There's no excuse for that.
    That might be an option where you live, but up this way we are pretty limited on dealers
    My longest wait has been 16 days. My last few I have been able to pick up on day 8. I hope my new lucky streak continues. If so I will be picking up my new toy tomorrow.
    If it's where I'm thinking you shouldn't have to wait more that the 8th day anymore since they got the fax setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom