• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    One person, now gone from this forum, said that the seven day delay was not a "cooling off" period, but rather a built in delay for the FFL and MSP to get the paperwork sent back and forth. Remember, when the silly law was passed faxes weren't common and the FFL had to mail the forms to MSP, who then did their check and then they mailed the forms back to the FFL.

It is obvious, ask some FFLs, that MSP can return the forms in less time. Maybe this is the next area that someone attacks in a lawsuit?

You're exactly correct.
    That law was posted on here years ago. I wish I had saved it or printed it out. It did state specifically, that it was to allow mail time for MSP. If memory serves me, I want to say that it was written around '73 or '74

MH

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    Ive never had to wait longer than a wk. guess im on of the fortunate ones. Anyhow, i hope that trend continues. I just filled out the paperwk for my hk p30 today.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    The wait is lame but my g19 should be gtg on friday :party29: I got it through LawmanSupply for $450 out the door (GSSF rocks!).

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    hey guys im in the middle of my mandatory 7 day waiting period and just am curious as to how long it typically takes for the gun to be approved to be taken home...i have heard unfortunately that it is rarely 7 days becuase MDSP seem to not be in any particular hurry to let me go get my gun?

i have heard 10-14 days is pretty common.
    I only wait 7 days at Engage.

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    My last purchase was about six months ago the approval took several minutes. The salesmen called it in but I still had to wait seven days to pick it up. Come to think of it my first handgun purchase was approved in several minutes as well the owner said she did it on line. But I still had to wait seven days to pick up.

akrobatik

Feb 20, 2012
    Is the 7 day period only for regulated guns? Are Bull pups considered regulated firearms? Do you have to wait 7 days for a PS90, or can you purchase and take it home on the spot?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Is the 7 day period only for regulated guns? Are Bull pups considered regulated firearms? Do you have to wait 7 days for a PS90, or can you purchase and take it home on the spot?

Theres atleast one bull pub design that is regulated...and probably more.

However most "new" rifles are not regulated as the law doesnt get updated.

So the PS90 isnt regulated. Should be cash and carry.

Grrrr

Nov 10, 2011
    waldorf md
    Did my paperwk on my latest pistol(p30) last fri. Just got a call that everything is back and ready to go. I wont be able to pick it up until wed though due to my 6 yr olds wrestling schedule.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    My last purchase was about six months ago the approval took several minutes. The salesmen called it in but I still had to wait seven days to pick it up. Come to think of it my first handgun purchase was approved in several minutes as well the owner said she did it on line. But I still had to wait seven days to pick up.

and where was this that the salesmen called to get your aproval for a regualted gun in MD

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'm on day nine waiting for my SR1911 - looks like it will be monday hopefully since the ffl waited two days to fax the paperwork over. They won't get anymore of my business.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    tick-tock.....

I'm waiting as well....problem is, my 7 day mark is next Monday, and I have class from 7-9pm Mon-Thursday. Meaning I won't be able to pick the gun up until Friday....

Between shipping, and all the paperwork, it'll be about 21 days...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    You need a new FFL dealer. There's no excuse for that.

I was told before by a certain shop that "they sell so many guns, msp cant keep up and its normal". He also mentioned that msp gets mad if he sends too many ap's over per day. This was a year and a half ago but part of the reason i never went back, even if the prices were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom