• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coynedogg

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2012
    UR2PC4ME
    hey guys im in the middle of my mandatory 7 day waiting period and just am curious as to how long it typically takes for the gun to be approved to be taken home...i have heard unfortunately that it is rarely 7 days becuase MDSP seem to not be in any particular hurry to let me go get my gun?

i have heard 10-14 days is pretty common.

When MD first required the $10 check they did not allow for any additional staff/funds to process the checks and such.

The State Police used this as an excuse to delay processing the paperwork and it took nearly a month to get "not dissaproved" stamped on your paperwork.

The law states you have to wait 7 full days between the time of purchase and delivery of your firearm. Nothing is stated about waiting for the return of your MSP paperwork.

Dealers started delivering the firearms after the 7 day wait without the paperwork. Then MSP managed to get their act together. Its just another way of harassing law abiding citizens and discouraging them from exercising their rights.

Customers do not have to wait more than 7 days.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    My first regulated purchase was 8 days (10 counting weekends).

I made a purchase from a fellow MDShooter. Paper work was back in 5 days.

I have 2 more handguns on order, so we will see how long the first one will be - second one (M&P Shield) is not on the approved roster till July 3rd.

Hopefully my Designated Collectors license will be here soon.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    7 days on the nail, with Bob at Gunrunners. He didn't miss a beat on the paperwork, and the MSP found me "NOT DISAPPROVED" right on time. (BTW, does anybody else find this syntax odd? Why not "passed" or "cleared" or "approved")

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    7 days on the nail, with Bob at Gunrunners. He didn't miss a beat on the paperwork, and the MSP found me "NOT DISAPPROVED" right on time. (BTW, does anybody else find this syntax odd? Why not "passed" or "cleared" or "approved")

Because maryland doesn't approve of you owning guns.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42

Plausible deniability.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    My most recent regulated purchase was 2 weeks ago and it took exactly 7 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom