• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Dave, I rode by both of the FHRPC ranges today. They have no " house numbers " posted. At least I had an excuse to bang off a few rounds today:). The FHRPC website does have accurate directions to both ranges. If I can help you anymore, let me know. Thanks

Mar 13, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Which one is the most recommended? I live in Howard County and would like to primary shoot pistols, maybe shotgun and rifles in the future. Which one is a nice atmosphere? I would drive the extra distance for "quality". :)

SockMonkey

Sep 20, 2010
    Frederick, MD
    Which one is the most recommended? I live in Howard County and would like to primary shoot pistols, maybe shotgun and rifles in the future. Which one is a nice atmosphere? I would drive the extra distance for "quality". :)

I've only been to a couple ranges around the area, but I have to say that my favorite so far is On Target. Maybe it's just me, but they seem more relaxed about using the range (while still maintaining good rules for the safety of the shooters and employees). I believe they are in AA county, but they're only about 5 minutes from Columbia just down Rt. 175.

blacksaibot

Dec 21, 2011
    Harford County
    If I do a search in google maps for "shooting range belcamp, md"
    There's a place called "Harford Bic" that comes up as a result... but I can't find any info on them.

Anyone ever been?

Jester

Feb 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Green Ridge and New Germany State Parks both have ranges.
    City of Frostburg has one on US Alt. 40 halfway up Big Savage Mountain.

Is the one in Frostburg open to the public? Pistol range? I'm from Cumberland and am looking for a decent place within a 20-30 minute drive.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Didn't see these on the list

Never been to either but here's the info from their websites

Bridgeville Rifle $ Pistol Club
    http://bville-rifle-pistol.org/
    10409 Rifle Range Rd
    Bridgeville, DE 19933

High Power Rifle competition at 200, 300 and 600 yards
    Multi-purpose range impact areas at 100, 200 and 300 yards.
    Pistol range 25 and 50 yards.
    Cowboy action
    Membership required

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuckahoe Bowmen, Tuckahoe State Park

13070 Crouse Mill Road
    Queen Anne, MD 21657

Archery only
    Open to public

netryeder

Dec 17, 2012
    Pasadena
    So it looks like the closest place for me to shoot a rifle at 100 yards is at the Hap Baker Firearms Facility in Westminster a short 40 mile drive. I live in NE Anne Arundel county.

The Stoney Creek club is right around the corner from me, any members here? How has your experience been? Do they ever have public days or offer guest passes?

WTHunter

Nov 15, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Thanks for all the hard work putting this together! Seems like I have plenty of relatively close options in Northeast Baltimore. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I noticed that the google doc is in your trashcan. Is there an updated list? I am looking at making a better google map that updates from your spreadsheet, so we wouldn't have two people maintaining two separate products.

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    I didn't see it on your list but here is 1 you might want to add for the Eastern shore
    It's Alexander's game farm just off 301 by the galena exit not sure of the address but I will get it and post it for you. They have a 15 bench rifle range with targets from 100-600 yards and 15 or so handgun benches from 25-100 yards.
    Last time I was there it was members only and dues were $150 a year but now he has hourly rates available.
    I was shooting at the 200 yard target and the deer were out eating clover at the 300 yard target and they never flinched while shots were fired, talk about bold and oblivious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom