• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    After a trip to Select Fire last week and having the guy behind the counter grab my new 92FS out of my hand as I was getting it out of my bag for his "inspection" I hope to try On Target this week.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    How about Peacemaker national Training Center in Gerrard WV. Idpa,IPSC,3 Gun, rifle ranges out to 1200 yds. With electronic scoring

jdsteele

May 21, 2013
    For the Eastern Shore folks:

Delmarva Sporting Clays. http://www.dscfff.com/

Their shotgun clay range is like a golf course for shotguns. Over, under, around trees, open fields, over water. Many types of shots, and they take you to each station on a golf cart. Over 50 different shooting stations.

They also have 2, 25 yard covered pistol ranges, a 50 yard berm and 18 covered stations for the 100, 200 and 300 yard berms.

They rent guns from .22 to .50 cal. Instruction too. Nice folks.

Just off Route 50 between Cambridge and Salisbury. On the way to the beach.

Last edited:

jimbob301

Mar 19, 2013
    Saint Mary's County

I think I know the answer but is there any public ranges in Saint Mary's County?
    Thank you in advance for the info.

5-inch/54

Aug 23, 2012
    Annapolis
    I think I know the answer but is there any public ranges in Saint Mary's County?
    Thank you in advance for the info.
    Your best bet for a public range is the Maryland Small Arms Range in Upper Marlboro. It has ranges for pistol and long guns. I tried out the long gun range last week on a Tuesday and it was almost empty. Those that were there we're policemen firing something that was heavy duty rapid fire auto loading and LOUD (I was wearing hearing protection but had to hold down the cups to keep my ears from hurting. So use plugs and headsets.)

The nice part of this range is that the leave you alone and answer newbie questions politely. The negatives (at least for the long gun range) are that there are no range officers and no safety rules.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Went to hap baker last weekend was super busy at 1100 but come 3 or 4 it was more comfortable.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Went to hap today expecting it to be slow during the day. I was dead wrong. About a 25 min wait to get on the rifle range. There were a lot of new people that have never been to that range bc the RSO had to keep yelling at people for pointing their weapons to the ground. I got muzzled swept a few times with rifles with mags in them. I guess some people have no common sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    As I understand it, Green Ridge has a range with benches for rifles- with some weird corrugated tubes as an attempt at sound suppression- with target frames at 100 yards and some others for pistol/shotgun/rimfire with no targets at all. The shooters that use GR vary from very helpful to dangerously unobservant of basic gun safety.

Is this basically correct? Am I missing anything?

Hickory

Dec 18, 2013
    McHenry, Md
    Savage Range

New Germany range is actually called the Savage Shooting range and is listed that way on a sign when you get there. Just thought this might save some confusion.
    100 yd basic range, 10 benches under cover, self-governed
    Porta-Pot
    $5 honor fee, $25 annual single, $50 family

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I'll never go back to DSC. Either when I was down range setting target or when I was pissing in the water closet $200 worth of pistol mags walked off. Bunch of assholes up there. I found some farmers local out here on the shore that let me shoot out to 600 yards not during corn season so I'm happy for now. Never again to public ranges.....

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    As I understand it, Green Ridge has a range with benches for rifles- with some weird corrugated tubes as an attempt at sound suppression- with target frames at 100 yards and some others for pistol/shotgun/rimfire with no targets at all. The shooters that use GR vary from very helpful to dangerously unobservant of basic gun safety.

Is this basically correct? Am I missing anything?

That sounds about right. Although pistol shooters know to bring thier own targets and frames. I love the helpful people, but the "unobservant" ones do tend to make me head back to the car.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Last time I was at Delmarva, my trappers answer to my protest of the trapper at another station was in my line of fire was "he is far enough away". The look I was getting from the other trapper told me all I needed to know! Did I mention it was the LAST time I had been there. FYI, I didn't shoot the target when he came into my view and refused to shoot that station after my trapper was unconcerned.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Last time I was at Delmarva, my trappers answer to my protest of the trapper at another station was in my line of fire was "he is far enough away". The look I was getting from the other trapper told me all I needed to know! Did I mention it was the LAST time I had been there. FYI, I didn't shoot the target when he came into my view and refused to shoot that station after my trapper was unconcerned.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I can't even count how my times I saw unsafe acts going one up there before I decided never to go back. Its like a kids play ground. The owners don't care that place is always full and they are making money. It also seems to attract a lot of thieving trash. I would advise seeking a better place to shoot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom