• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I got an email this weekend that after 20 years, there's a new show committee chairman. There are a few things added this year like buying tickets online and ATMs inside and outside as well as taking credit cards for admission.
    As far as vendors, anybody will tell you cash is king, don't go to a show without cash.
    I'm hoping next year C&R handguns will be permitted. The show has been running for 67 years, time to update.
    Maryland is not friendly to people like us so they have to be careful.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I'll be there. Wife gave me authorization to buy a cannon. Little does she know it will probably come on tracks and have a turret. :innocent0 Seriously though, almost bought a cannon barrel last year, a scaled down Napoleon.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I sold a pair of little cannons a few years ago. I had my small Dahlgren soda bottle shaped cannon on my table last year and a few very serious offers.
    The guy next to me had a real firing Gattling gun packed in a green wooden crate, $20K. It was an old repro but the real deal. He was negotiating to buy an original one there for $50K plus his repro. The deal breaker was he would have had to deliver it to Nebraska on his way home to Florida, his partner didn't want to detour.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I sold a pair of little cannons a few years ago. I had my small Dahlgren soda bottle shaped cannon on my table last year and a few very serious offers.
    The guy next to me had a real firing Gattling gun packed in a green wooden crate, $20K. It was an old repro but the real deal. He was negotiating to buy an original one there for $50K plus his repro. The deal breaker was he would have had to deliver it to Nebraska on his way home to Florida, his partner didn't want to detour.
    A friend of mine picked up Gatling Gun number 13 at an estate sale years ago. It had been kept in a barn. He also picked up several Civil War era cannon over the years in the same fashion. He had a great collection!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Post World War Two weapons (not handguns…until next year) are allowed at the show.

It’s not explicitly stated, but basically anything pre-Vietnam is allowed.

The show is geared for mostly antique and C&R firearms. The pre-Vietnam timeline is used so people don’t start showing up with AR’s, AK’s and any of the newer stuff.

The club isn’t anti-AR’s or any of the newer stuff, but the purpose of the show is for more historical items. It is explicitly stated that no MD Banned Weapons are allowed as well, which pretty much cuts most of them out.

So you’d being fine bringing in an FN49 or an SKS, but not an H&K G3, FAL, or a poverty pony AR build.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Post World War Two weapons (not handguns…until next year) are allowed at the show.

It’s not explicitly stated, but basically anything pre-Vietnam is allowed.

The show is geared for mostly antique and C&R firearms. The pre-Vietnam timeline is used so people don’t start showing up with AR’s, AK’s and any of the newer stuff.

The club isn’t anti-AR’s or any of the newer stuff, but the purpose of the show is for more historical items. It is explicitly stated that no MD Banned Weapons are allowed as well, which pretty much cuts most of them out.

So you’d being fine bringing in an FN49 or an SKS, but not an H&K G3, FAL, or a poverty pony AR build.
    I had read here before that you or others were lobbying for ways to encourage new membership in MACA including discontinuing the meeting attendance requirement. What ever became of that?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had read here before that you or others were lobbying for ways to encourage new membership in MACA including discontinuing the meeting attendance requirement. What ever became of that?

The attendance requirement has been “shelved” essentially. It’s not really being enforced right now other than the first year of membership.

I’ve had some good luck getting new members, but I’ve been surprised by the lack of interest the membership here (on MDShooters) has to joining the club.

SmokeEaterPilot and myself have made a lot of progress though and I think if we had more help we could get more done.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am mostly interested in 1950-1990s "walnut and steel" 22s, lever guns, Ruger 44 carbines, etc
    I am guessing from what I was reading in the thread, probobly not a show I would find that stuff ?

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I think you'll find walnut and steel a plenty 1950"s vintage.
    I've had a few nice Marlins, a nice 39, 39A like new, 39TDS, Browning TBolts both like new and new in the box, nice Winchester 1894's...
    too much competition, I ended up lowering my prices, some too low, in order to sell them. In today's market for wood and steel it a buyers market, IMHO.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    1710008387672.png

Dr. M. at the Antique Arms Show....

Clay

Jul 22, 2021
    Can people bring in firearms meeting above criteria to trade if they don’t have a table?

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Yes you can bring in guns, just be sure they are unloaded, don't assume they are, be polite and open the action up when you come in and they will check them and put an action tie on them.
    This criteria stigma is directed to towards the table holders. The show looks for historical, interesting and quality. There used to be a lengthy waiting period to get a table, like five years. The show had the right to put a person on the back burner and give a table to someone they thought would add quality to the show. I honestly list what I'm going to have on my table and although nice quality, it might not fit the "criteria" portrayed. Most guns I have are post war. I'm invited back every year and I sell a LOT$ of stuff so I must be adding something to the show.
    Absolutely no handguns made after 1898.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'll be there. Wife gave me authorization to buy a cannon. Little does she know it will probably come on tracks and have a turret. :innocent0 Seriously though, almost bought a cannon barrel last year, a scaled down Napoleon.
    A cannon is something I'd like to get before I'm too old to enjoy it. Wish I'd bought one years ago when Dixie Gun Works had them at reasonable prices.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can people bring in firearms meeting above criteria to trade if they don’t have a table?

Yes, you can bring in C&R long guns or Antique Firearms to sell. Like pre64 said, just make sure they are unloaded before you bring them in. They will have gun checkers at the door.

Just make sure you don’t try to wheel in an entire cart full of firearms to walk around with like some weirdo guy did last year. He was kicked out.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    crap , thats the same weekend as the annapolis/crownsville show. one year i hope to be able to get to the collectors show....
    If it's between the Annapolis/Crownsville show and Maryland Arms Collectors show, I'd pick the MAC show with no hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom