• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yeppers ... but a little O.T.

Yet another fringe issue to divide and conquer.

Wanna bet there are more than a few 2A supporters who will continue voting for the DemocRAT Politicians who either sponsored or supported the fracking ban just because they think they are being 'looked after' by their benevolent leaders. Truth is, the MDGA could care less. They see fracking as another wedge issue to exploit ... especially if it isolates those pesky rural voters in the western half of the state.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Gryphon nailed it in post 352.

Getting voters who vote for democrats to embrace the second amendment, who will then still vote for democrats is pointless. They may accept the 2A, but will still vote for people who trash our rights.

Thank you Zen. You Sir represent the hope I still hold for our younger generation. Thank you for coming out, making your voice heard, and forcing those who enable the infringers to look at themselves in the mirror.

When they start making excuses for not participating in our collective fight for fundamental rights you have outed a closet anti pretending to be a 2A supporter or someone willing to stand by and watch the rest of us be raped. The 2A shouldn't be a political party issue, but most Democrats make it that way by their overt acts or their shameful silence.

Of course there are exceptions, but you haven't found one when they are mere apologists for their party, are easily offended by well earned criticism of their party's anti 2A positions, and use their contrived butt hurt as an excuse to sit on the sideline.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Thank you Zen. You Sir represent the hope I still hold for our younger generation. Thank you for coming out, making your voice heard, and forcing those who enable the infringers to look at themselves in the mirror.

When they start making excuses for not participating in our collective fight for fundamental rights you have outed a closet anti pretending to be a 2A supporter or someone willing to stand by and watch the rest of us be raped. The 2A shouldn't be a political party issue, but most Democrats make it that way by their overt acts or their shameful silence.

Of course there are exceptions, but you haven't found one when they are mere apologists for their party, are easily offended by well earned criticism of their party's anti 2A positions, and use their contrived butt hurt as an excuse to sit on the sideline.

Why don't you ask me why I don't come out to support the boots on the ground? Talk to Rack and he'll tell ya. There's solid reason. Your sanctimonious opinion means nothing to me. What's more concerning is that you think that a small group of 2A patriots is going to change this state. We will need help. Why would you be so afraid to ask for bipartisan help if we can get it? If you want this state to become a Red state, you'll never see that in your lifetime. Good luck with that.

You make a statement that Democrats make the 2A a political statement and I think you're dead wrong. I think you would find many democrats willing to fight for their 2A rights BUT not if it means working with the enemy. We need to change that mentality. We can fight for a common cause. You're the one with the closed mind. Open up your thinking and if a democrat is willing to help, why not accept that help? We don't need to change their political affiliation to have a brother in arms, so to speak.

We can't do this alone. More importantly, we must realize we can't do this without help. If you're too afraid to try to an outside of the box method, than so be it. But mark my words, you've seen what these legislators have done this year. They are digging in their heals against anything perceived to be a republican idea. Imagine if their constituents were to bring the same heat. They would be forced to concede.

But go ahead, you do your part, and I'll do mine, but don't think you have the only view that will work.

More importantly, how dare you ever question my commitment to the 2A.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Why don't you ask me why I don't come out to support the boots on the ground? Talk to Rack and he'll tell ya. There's solid reason. Your sanctimonious opinion means nothing to me. What's more concerning is that you think that a small group of 2A patriots is going to change this state. We will need help. Why would you be so afraid to ask for bipartisan help if we can get it? If you want this state to become a Red state, you'll never see that in your lifetime. Good luck with that.

You make a statement that Democrats make the 2A a political statement and I think you're dead wrong. I think you would find many democrats willing to fight for their 2A rights BUT not if it means working with the enemy. We need to change that mentality. We can fight for a common cause. You're the one with the closed mind. Open up your thinking and if a democrat is willing to help, why not accept that help? We don't need to change their political affiliation to have a brother in arms, so to speak.

We can't do this alone. More importantly, we must realize we can't do this without help. If you're too afraid to try to an outside of the box method, than so be it. But mark my words, you've seen what these legislators have done this year. They are digging in their heals against anything perceived to be a republican idea. Imagine if their constituents were to bring the same heat. They would be forced to concede.

But go ahead, you do your part, and I'll do mine, but don't think you have the only view that will work.

J_h_Smith your post is freaking hilarious. I don't know you, don't recall ever meeting you, and wasn't even referring to you personally! I certainly never questioned your commitment to the 2A. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion? However, since the butt hurt apparently fits so well thanks for being a prime example.

I don't oppose help from Democrats. I welcome it and said as much. But I am not going to suck their toes to get it as others here have suggested. I never said anything about turning this State red - I am not even a Republican myself. I said support for the 2A shouldn't be a partisan endeavor, but the lockstep Democrats make it that way and the majority of their supporters are complicit. I'd love to see the Democrat's constituents "bring heat" in mass, but that's your fantasy not something I see happening until they respect fundamental rights and the Constitution. I hear a lot about these illusive 2A loving Democrats, but I have yet to see more than a few step up. Those that have know I welcome their support and respect divergent opinions on other issues.

Here is a tune to sooth your butt hurt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfmp_kZ0ZfE

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013

j_h_,

I'm not best friends with Gryphon, but I've gotten to know the dude a little bit by going to the HPRB meetings and hitting the bricks with him. I can tell you from personal experience that describing his opinions as sanctimonious is extremely unfair (to the point of being absurd). His blazer game is on point (notable exception to not_an_outlaw when rocking his suede jacket), but I wouldn't judge him for that. Like all of us that hit the bricks, he works a full/hard day and then volunteers his time to fight for everyone's 2A rights.

I've read your posts in this thread with interest. I think your ideas have merit, and I don't disagree with a lot that you have to say. That being said, we will have to agree to disagree on a few points with respect to messaging. I think having different view points is healthy and productive for our cause, as long as we're not slinging sanctimonious pejoratives around.

In my opinion, walking on eggshells trying to not hurt democrat's feelings hasn't worked. I think this is a major reason why Rack started the Patriot Picket. Do we insult democrats? Sure, that's part of the gig. Some yell at us (from half a block away in their safe space), but those signs do start meaningful conversations. I've had other democrats come up offended, but tell me why. We have had great, and productive, conversations. I don't have any illusions about changing their minds, but I've made a personal connection. Next time they hear about the NRA loving, redneck, gun-loving lunatics I think they will think about that conversation. Maybe they will recognize that I don't fit that narrative. Maybe that will be the genesis for further enlightenment on their part. It's a minor start, but it's a start nonetheless. It's taken a long time for them to form their anti opinions, and it will take time for them to be educated on the subject. To me, those short moments of interaction are worth it, even if I had to walk around with an offensive sign to start the convo. That intimate conversation is hugely invaluable in my opinion (which is why I'm out there).

You disagree on messaging, which is why you're not out there with us. I get it! I don't judge you for it. I just ask that you don't insult the people with whom you disagree with. We are all on the same side. I think having the discussion on how to change the hearts and minds of democrats in this state is an important conversation to have, but maybe we can do it in a different and dedicated thread? This thread is about those of us hitting the bricks on Monday nights. We're all on the same team at the end of the night.

The last point I would like to make, is that there is no unifying political or moral viewpoint with us picketers. We are a disparate group of individuals with different and sometimes conflicting viewpoints. That's amazing and powerful, and it's what sets us apart with other organizations. We are truly grassroots. I encourage you to join us one night, with a non-democrat-offending sign. Your differing viewpoints on messaging would be welcomed, and you might find we have a lot of ideas in common. I'm confident that meeting your legislators in person would make the night worth it, even if you have to stand in proximity to the dapper, and unfairly labelled sanctimonious, Gryphon.

Last edited:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    j_h_,

[snip]
    In my opinion, walking on eggshells trying to not hurt democrat's feelings hasn't worked.

I have never said we need to walk on eggshells. But there is a portion of the democrat voters who would support the fight for our 2nd fight if we didn't alienate them.

I think this is a major reason why Rack started the Patriot Picket. Do we insult democrats? Sure, that's part of the gig.

And you think that's the best way to approach that portion of democrat voters who would want to fight for the 2A but won't because they see it as a republican fight?

Some yell at us (from half a block away in their safe space), but those signs do start meaningful conversations. I've had other democrats come up offended, but tell me why. We have had great, and productive, conversations. I don't have any illusions about changing their minds, but I've made a personal connection. Next time they hear about the NRA loving, redneck, gun-loving lunatics I think they will think about that conversation.

See there's one of our problems, that person is a lunatic, not an NRA loving, redneck. Here is where we need to make the distinction. Anyone can be a lunatic. You're bashing the fight by calling our side these names. We need to stop that. It doesn't matter what that person is, if they value the 2A then they should be able to be called our brothers, regardless of the political party. You're only going to be stronger with help from all kinds.

Maybe they will recognize that I don't fit that narrative. Maybe that will be the genesis for further enlightenment on their part. It's a minor start, but it's a start nonetheless. It's taken a long time for them to form their anti opinions, and it will take time for them to be educated on the subject. To me, those short moments of interaction are worth it, even if I had to walk around with an offensive sign to start the convo. That intimate conversation is hugely invaluable in my opinion (which is why I'm out there).

Aren't you categorizing democrats then? Why can't there be democrat voters who will support a fight for our 2A rights. At this time, by your own admission you call them names and have a shouting contest, without even thinking about asking them for their help. Of course we aren't going to sit around a campfire and agree on everything. I don't want that and I'm sure neither do they. But if we can get a dialog going with the democrat voter who may have concerns about their 2a right, we have a strong proponent.

You disagree on messaging, which is why you're not out there with us. I get it! I don't judge you for it. I just ask that you don't insult the people with whom you disagree with. We are all on the same side.

First and foremost you don't have the slightest idea why I'm not out there with you. I don't disagree with 99.9% of what you're doing as a matter of fact, Rack and I have had a number of conversions about things and he knows why I'm not on the ground. I have my reasons and that should be good enough. But don't think you know me or what I do for the 2A cause in Maryland.

I think having the discussion on how to change the hearts and minds of democrats in this state is an important conversation to have, but maybe we can do it in a different and dedicated thread? This thread is about those of us hitting the bricks on Monday nights. We're all on the same team at the end of the night.

The last point I would like to make, is that there is no unifying political or moral viewpoint with us picketers. We are a disparate group of individuals with different and sometimes conflicting viewpoints. That's amazing and powerful, and it's what sets us apart with other organizations. We are truly grassroots. I encourage you to join us one night, with a non-democrat-offending sign. Your differing viewpoints on messaging would be welcomed, and you might find we have a lot of ideas in common. I'm confident that meeting your legislators in person would make the night worth it, even if you have to stand in proximity to the dapper, and unfairly labelled sanctimonious, Gryphon.

Again you don't know how venomous I can be when it comes to fighting for my 2A rights. But if you think I only have one message, you're sadly mistaken.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'm in tomorrow regardless of the weather. But if the legislature cancels, because they will probably use any excuse, someone please post promptly. Are we going to pre-meet at the City Dock or Other MBBQ?

As for some of the comments above, we are having difficulty with the D's. I am from Southern Maryland, and live in Calvert. Two years ago, I moved from St. Mary's. The democratic Senator Roy Dyson was replaced with Waugh. John Bohannan was replaced with Debbie Ray, and Matt Morgan beat Dan Slade (Johnny Wood - incidentally a Democrat - had not run for re-election). I am sure that John Bohannan and Roy Dyson lost because they were not permitted by the Democratic Matrix (run by O'Malley) to show their Pro Gun positions. The margin for Bohannan was less than 100 votes. Some of the current D's claim to support us, but say they cannot publically. So, when I look at this, it is the entire party, not just the "gems" from PG, Montgomery, and Baltimore City. Those that fit into this category are friendly to us and understand our position. If they cannot speak independently for fear of retribution, then they can only be considered against us.

Someone refresh my memory. I don't recall any shouting matches with democratic voters excepting the drunks from two weeks ago. Whenever a Democratic voter approaches us, the tone of the conversation is informational. I'm not sure where these stories are coming form, but they are being relayed through these postings from people who don't participate.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's going to be chilly tomorrow night, but if y'all are game I certainly am. R&R is hauling Harleys to and from Bike Week so he won't be with us, but never fear, the show must go on.

Everything I have seen has the precipitation coming in after 8pm. IF that changes then obviously we can call an audible.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm hearing that the snow is going to start a little later than previously forecasted. Maybe as late as 9pm. So if this is true, it may make the decision a little easier. Good luck to all and please dress appropriately.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    It's going to be chilly tomorrow night, but if y'all are game I certainly am. R&R is hauling Harleys to and from Bike Week so he won't be with us, but never fear, the show must go on.

Everything I have seen has the precipitation coming in after 8pm. IF that changes then obviously we can call an audible.

Another warm Monday night for us. I'll be there if we're a go.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Usually predicted balmy weather. :) I plan to be there. Stoveman has access to the signs. Not sure if I will make the Mission beforehand that will be a game time decision.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    TONIGHT'S MAN UP MONDAY IS CANCELLED.

The bad weather could put our patriots in danger trying to get home after picketing tonight. That, and we expect the legislators to cross in the tunnels if they have not canceled tonight's festivities at the Statehouse.

This will give everyone more time to polish up their testimony . Hopefully Biggfoot44 will not have any changes because he already spent $118 at Kinko's getting his testimony copied. Biggfoot44 gets the Due Diligence award!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    4wd XJ with all terrains will not be detered. But I'll probably spend for the parking garage to avoid shoveling.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    TONIGHT'S MAN UP MONDAY IS CANCELLED.

The bad weather could put our patriots in danger trying to get home after picketing tonight. That, and we expect the legislators to cross in the tunnels if they have not canceled tonight's festivities at the Statehouse.

This will give everyone more time to polish up their testimony . Hopefully Biggfoot44 will not have any changes because he already spent $118 at Kinko's getting his testimony copied. Biggfoot44 gets the Due Diligence award!

People really think they read this stuff? If it is cathartic great, but I have serious doubts they'll bother with any tome submitted. I keep mine at one page and probably still tossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom