• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Looking for some general advice. I was looking at purchasing a couple of rifles through SAMCO, a Chilean M1912 Steyr Mauser in particular. How are SAMCO prices and services compared to the other guys?

-Dre

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    samco tends to have good prices on what they have, especially since they often have stuff no one else or few others have.

they have pretty good service, but they are slow.

it is well known that ordering from samco expect it to take a good deal longer to get your stuff than from places like AIM, so as long as you dont expect them top be speedy i think you will be satisfied all around with dealing with them.

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Got my M1912....

My Steyr M1912 arrived over the weekend. Per my conversation with SAMCO, I was expecting a matching receiver/bolt M1912 Chilien Mauser. A non-matching example arrived. :envy: I also paid $30 extra for a Special Select (total price of the rifle $449) and the top of the barrel has pitting, picture below. Besides these two issues, the rifle is pretty nice....

I talked to SAMCO today and they were very professional and polite. They checked their warehouse again and they did not have any matching M1912 example. They offered to knock the price down a little bit or take it back. What would my MD Shooter brothers do in this situation?

dre

Attachments

• DSC_0156.jpg
      DSC_0156.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 1,710

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    the key part here is 1912.

if it was just that spot of corrosion, maybe it was special select, and the others have more surface issues.

the matching part of course is their bad.

you say its a nice rifle, i would say keep it and take the discount.

lets see pics of the rest of hte rifle!

what can be seen in that pic, besides the corrosion looks like its in amazing condition.

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Here goes, thoughts? Trying to find out how to date the rifle now....

Attachments

• DSC_0165.jpg
      DSC_0165.jpg
      47.2 KB · Views: 1,733
    • DSC_0162.jpg
      DSC_0162.jpg
      61.1 KB · Views: 1,668
    • DSC_0160.jpg
      DSC_0160.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 1,961
    • DSC_0157.jpg
      DSC_0157.jpg
      35.7 KB · Views: 1,636
    • M1912_Chile_Long.jpg
      M1912_Chile_Long.jpg
      25.3 KB · Views: 1,635

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    WOW that thing is beautiful!

now i want one, but i spent all my gun money and more for a long time.

maybe over the next few months ill build up enough and put in an order for one of those plus a swede carbine and an argentine from samco.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Wow that sure is a beautiful rifle. I would keep it. In fact ill adopt it for a rehousing fee of $4.49....

Tempted?

DennisCA

Awesome gun!

I had a good (and bad) experience with Samco; I bought a 1916 Spanish Mauser (there was three). The first one look like the UPS ran over it - several time! So I called them and they sent a replacement. The second one was in fair shape but the shells wouldn't eject after firing. So I called them again and another replacement was sent. The third one was beautiful but it had the same problem as the second. Here's a picture:
    fulllenght5.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/4229/fulllenght5.jpg
    So I sent it back and got my money back. I must say Samco was very professional through the entire process.

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Awesome gun!

I had a good (and bad) experience with Samco; I bought a 1916 Spanish Mauser (there was three). The first one look like the UPS ran over it - several time! So I called them and they sent a replacement. The second one was in fair shape but the shells wouldn't eject after firing. So I called them again and another replacement was sent. The third one was beautiful but it had the same problem as the second. Here's a picture:
    fulllenght5.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img35/4229/fulllenght5.jpg
    So I sent it back and got my money back. I must say Samco was very professional through the entire process.

I am on their wait list for a Spanish Mauser (will be put together in the next 60 days). What grade Spanish Mauser did you purchase with SAMCO? I also got a M24/47 Yugo that was Special Select to compliment the M1912 Special Select purchase. The Yugo is really beat up and not really comparable to the M1912, but yet they are both a Special Select grade....

DennisCA

I am on their wait list for a Spanish Mauser (will be put together in the next 60 days). What grade Spanish Mauser did you purchase with SAMCO? I also got a M24/47 Yugo that was Special Select to compliment the M1912 Special Select purchase. The Yugo is really beat up and not really comparable to the M1912, but yet they are both a Special Select grade....

I ordered the Spanish Mauser in Special Grade Select.

I was going to order a K31 from but according to them they have "cracked-stocks", not sure what that meant.

Yea I saw a Yugo someone bought from Samco, looked pretty beat up. Unlike mine (sorry couldn't resist bragging a bit):
    yugo2447034.jpg

(I bought this gun from a near me in the bay area - matching numbers!)

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    I ordered the Spanish Mauser in Special Grade Select.

I was going to order a K31 from but according to them they have "cracked-stocks", not sure what that meant.

Yea I saw a Yugo someone bought from Samco, looked pretty beat up. Unlike mine (sorry couldn't resist bragging a bit):
    yugo2447034.jpg

(I bought this gun from a near me in the bay area - matching numbers!)

Nice Yugo! I also have a K31 coming in next week with cracked stock. Pictures will follow.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    does anyone know where to purchase a mauser 98 m1912 custom stock

dunno about a custom.

libertytree has some original stocks though if your rifle is missing a stock.

if its a sporter that needs a new stock, try contacting http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ they dont list a 1912 stock , but its likely one of their other mauser models will fit and they should know, and if not i think they will do custom too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom