• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I didn't say I want any of this, by there are degrees if horrible.

Also I had forgotten about the in person lending bit. Of course don't go inside to use the bathroom if your buddy is borrowing your shotgun.

What a cluster F of a bill.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013

Also I had forgotten about the in person lending bit. Of course don't go inside to use the bathroom if your buddy is borrowing your shotgun.

Cluster F of a bill is par for the course with MD. They throw crap at the wall to see what sticks, they dont understand any of it, then we have to try to figure out what the hell it means.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

They'll intentionally write this law with the same level of ambiguity as all the others.

Then we gun owners can spend the next ten years bouncing off the walls trying to figure it out.

I really believe it provides the MGA with some form of perverse pleasure.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    As I read it sounds like the Nevada Bill which in that case the Federal background Checks couldn't be mandated by the State, and the States AJ didn't have either the authority or funding to enforce the Law.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    As I read it sounds like the Nevada Bill which in that case the Federal background Checks couldn't be mandated by the State, and the States AJ didn't have either the authority or funding to enforce the Law.

The General Assembly finds it prudent to give Frosh $3 million per year to sue Trump. I have a feeling they will find the money somewhere.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And shit, it occurred to me that this bill would probably ban something like temporary storage with someone else. So if I was moving and wanted my neighbor to store my firearms while I was in the middle of moving and then get them from him when I had finished moving, that would probably be a crime.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The more everyday, rational, and normal behavior the GA tries to outlaw, the more they will create outlaws who no longer respect the authority of Annapolis, and just do their own thing.

My prediction is if this law comes into being, at least 70% of the long gun transfers that are legally going on off-the-books today, will still be done off the books come October. I'm not advocating that, just predicting.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    If long guns are given to a gun shop (TRANSFER) for consignment, can the owner get them back without 4473/NICS/background check?

It's not that way currently with long guns. They're simply handed back to the owner.

Handguns are a different story.

PS: How would Maryland's Auction Houses take in long guns if this becomes law? Would the auction houses have to fill out and go through 4473/NICS/background checks before they received long guns?

If a RESERVE gun doesn't sell, how does the owner get it back?

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    The more everyday, rational, and normal behavior the GA tries to outlaw, the more they will create outlaws who no longer respect the authority of Annapolis, and just do their own thing.

My prediction is if this law comes into being, at least 70% of the long gun transfers that are legally going on off-the-books today, will still be done off the books come October. I'm not advocating that, just predicting.
    Thats what they want, so they can use it as an excuse for full registration. "Well we really dont know who owns these guns to begin with, so we need them registered to enforce this."

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Maybe it's time to telegraph to the Democraps that when tyrannical gun laws are imposed – – as in Connecticut, NY and CA – – that most private citizens, including police officers will not comply.

Hit them hard with the prospect that when the Rule of Law becomes widely flouted, it hastens the destruction of a civil society.

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Great idea for my next video ...

Maybe it's time to telegraph to the Democraps that when tyrannical gun laws are imposed – – as in Connecticut, NY and CA – – that most private citizens, including police officers will not comply.

Hit them hard with the prospect that when the Rule of Law can becomes widely flouted, it hastens the destruction of a civil society.

In the meantime, Madison Rising can warm up the 2A Patriots.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Maryland has its own system. If the feds wont let md ffls use nics to conduct secondary sales, then the state will just make all long guns regulated or become the POC for all transfers.

That's marylands goal anyways

If long guns are given to a gun shop (TRANSFER) for consignment, can the owner get them back without 4473/NICS/background check?

It's not that way currently with long guns. They're simply handed back to the owner.

Handguns are a different story.

PS: How would Maryland's Auction Houses take in long guns if this becomes law? Would the auction houses have to fill out and go through 4473/NICS/background checks before they received long guns?

If a RESERVE gun doesn't sell, how does the owner get it back?

No. Because this bill requires the dealer to log the firearm into his inventory before conducting the transfer. At that point it no longer belongs to the transferor. To go back to the transferor, it needs another nics.

This is how md is attempting to get around the major federal flaw with last year's version.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Maryland has its own system. If the feds wont let md ffls use nics to conduct secondary sales, then the state will just make all long guns regulated or become the POC for all transfers.

That's marylands goal anyways

No. Because this bill requires the dealer to log the firearm into his inventory before conducting the transfer. At that point it no longer belongs to the transferor. To go back to the transferor, it needs another nics.

This is how md is attempting to get around the major federal flaw with last year's version.

im pretty sure this is how my ffl handles consignments already

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Pointing out truthful exemptions in the bill does not equate to being OK with the bill or otherwise agreeing with it -- it's no less awful.
    Better to be able to fight it based on the facts within it, rather than having a snarky senator or delegate point it out.

Here's the link again for your reading displeasure
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2017RS/bills/sb/sb0948f.pdf

Today's exemptions are tomorrow's loopholes.

The hunters are sickening. Won't support 2A issues but will go kiss ass in Annapolis for a couple extra days of shooting deer. Worse than antis, imo.

Edited the rest of the post. I realized these hunters actually want a shorter firearms season.

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

Hit them hard with the prospect that when the Rule of Law can becomes widely flouted, it hastens the destruction of a civil society.

Exactly the point I raised in jny testimony against last year's version of this BS! The law will be ignored at best or openly flouted in organized civil disobedience. Do they really, really want to encourage armed citizens to start ignoring laws?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My other issue here is with the wording of the law that transfers must go through an FFL. If they at least left it open to transfers being able to be conducted through your local barracks for no fee or a minimal $5 fee I'd be slightly more okay with it. I mean, the language is terrible in respect to thinks like pointed out a post up, but permenant transfers I'd have slightly less issue (I said slightly less, I didn't say I'd be ok with it).

To me it pisses me off that if I want to buy an old beater single shot shotgun now I might have to pay an FFL $50 to transfer a $100 gun is outrageous.

So you're OK for the state to record the gun you transfer at a state facility recorded by an agent of the State Police because the loss of your and the recipient's 2A rights only costs you a little money? Did I understand you correctly?

Maybe you should move to New Jersey. It would be paradise for you.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    IF you don't expect that person you are lending your gun to-to go murder someone; then I think it would be legal for him to shoot your gun. Based on this part of the bill.
    THAT IS TEMPORARY, OCCURS UNDER CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH
    26 THE TRANSFEROR HAS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THE TRANSFEREE INTENDS TO
    27 USE THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN IN THE COMMISSION OF A CRIME OR TO ALLOW
    28 ANOTHER PERSON TO USE THE RIFLE OR SHOTGUN, AND TAKES PLACE
    29 EXCLUSIVELY:"

Of course I'm no lawyer or politician(and they don't even know what they are signing into law anyway)

Thank you, Swami Brianczaw. I'm sure that your lawyer will showcase your mindreading ability during the trial, after which you will lose your 2A rights forever.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Be careful what you agree to! If a fee is imposed, what is there to stop them from raising it at any time in the future? Absolutely nothing! Never give the enemy anything!

Correct. The Gov. in CT wants to raise their registration fees by a factor of 10 next year. Could easily happen here, because the M&M Cabal looks Northeast and West for their inspiration.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Cluster F of a bill is par for the course with MD. They throw crap at the wall to see what sticks, they dont understand any of it, then we have to try to figure out what the hell it means.

No, at the bottom of the pile of "Campaign Cash" from out of state is a list of the things the moneybags want done. We have the best state Government that money can buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom