• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    As I read it sounds like the Nevada Bill which in that case the Federal background Checks couldn't be mandated by the State, and the States AJ didn't have either the authority or funding to enforce the Law.

As soon as I saw what the bill was about I knew it was a spin on Bloomberg's Nevada bill. He wants UBC everywhere. This is UBC light. Heavy comes next session if we don't stop it now.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maybe it's time to telegraph to the Democraps that when tyrannical gun laws are imposed – – as in Connecticut, NY and CA – – that most private citizens, including police officers will not comply.

Hit them hard with the prospect that when the Rule of Law becomes widely flouted, it hastens the destruction of a civil society.

Psst, Rack, here's a clue:
    The Cabal doesn't give a flying fsck about the Rule of Law and noncompliance by the peasants and police. They only care about getting reelected and gaining more power over us. It's a game to them.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So you're OK for the state to record the gun you transfer at a state facility recorded by an agent of the State Police because the loss of your and the recipient's 2A rights only costs you a little money? Did I understand you correctly?

Maybe you should move to New Jersey. It would be paradise for you.

IIRC, when the national background check system was first adopted, a major bone of contention was that the check system would introduce a registry system, which was a step toward confiscation. To allay that fear, it was agreed that the check results would be destroyed afterwards, leaving no record. It was agreed to.

Fast forward to today, Maryland. They want to close that "loophole" here, which was not a loophole at all but rather a material part of the negotiated solution to allow background checks via NICS, and they want to create a state long arm gun registry. No reason, no justification -- but we all know why, because their motives were known decades ago -- to crate that gun registry that provides the means for confiscation.

Dishonorable, dishonest, deplorable.
    If they can go back on their word and the deal without explanation or justification, what's the limit on their power?

Please tell me if I'm wrong.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The GA needs to be made to realize that this crowd of short-sighted yutzes are NOT representative of the firearms community.

The GA needs to get the nightmare vision of being voted out of office and having to get a real job. And maybe being indicted for Federal crimes. They need to understand that they are not Monarchy.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    IIRC, when the national background check system was first adopted, a major bone of contention was that the check system would introduce a registry system, which was a step toward confiscation. To allay that fear, it was agreed that the check results would be destroyed afterwards, leaving no record. It was agreed to.

Fast forward to today, Maryland. They want to close that "loophole" here, which was not a loophole at all but rather a material part of the negotiated solution to allow background checks via NICS, and they want to create a state long arm gun registry. No reason, no justification -- but we all know why, because their motives were known decades ago -- to crate that gun registry that provides the means for confiscation.

If they can go back on their word and the deal without explanation or justification, what's the limit on their power?

You are exactly right, sir!
    How can you tell when a politician is lying?
    Their lips are moving.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    The man is a serial liar, con artist, and a co-conspirator with a power-hungry cabal that for decades has worked to implement a phased-in extermination of the 2A. Down-playing a single infringement and touting that others aren't part of the bill. Gimme a break. Can somebody please link Curran's 1990's era speech that provided part of their blueprint?

On Deplorables Tuesday, Miller walked by me and said something like "I appreciate you being here," referring to us standing there in protest.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    On Deplorables Tuesday, Miller walked by me and said something like "I appreciate you being here," referring to us standing there in protest.

He would say that to an undertaker measuring him for his coffin. It's a congenial reflex that he has.

It's what he says in place of what he really thinks.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Nope, you got the 10 ring on this.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The GA needs to get the nightmare vision of being voted out of office and having to get a real job. And maybe being indicted for Federal crimes. They need to understand that they are not Monarchy.

But they are a Monarchy. They have a singular rule over this state and us. That's what all of this is about. Doing precisely what they want. Any time they want. Knowing full well that we won't do anything, meaningful, to stop them.

They have no fear of losing elections. They have no fear of being out of a job. And they certainly have no fear of federal or state prosecution.

This is what's it's like to live in 13th century Europe.

Absolute power.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    This just in from Allan Ellis on SB948:

Working with the Maryland Legislative Sportsmans Caucus to craft a statement in opposition, same as last year. Plus some internal efforts that we don't publicize. Well post the statements on the News page of our website when available, early next week.

-Facebook post on MHC group

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Well looking at it this way, some City's have declared themselves sanctuaries for illegal immigrants and no one enforces the Federal violations.

Riots are popping up everywhere from the Fascists and the Feds aren't enforcing the Laws either.

Chicago is a Battles Zone...

Judges are Violating there Constitutional Oaths...with no consequence...

Though with all of the Snowflakes who are so called "Calling to Arms" and "Taking the Oath" to resist there own Fascist Agenda that they place on others figuratively/Mentally. Might not want to deal with all of this accountability/registration and maybe just maybe they realize how important the 2A is or I guess the Govt. could just hand out rubber cocks and tell them to have at it...

This is another Democratic tactic while everyone is focused on Trump the lemmings are scheming...

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    This is absolutely defacto registration.

Note that the bill says Maryland regulated firearms dealer. There are still non Maryland regulated firearms dealer FFLs out there, who can do a 4473 and transfer a long gun.

The difference being FSA2013 specified that MSP is allowed to see the bound book for non regulated transfers, not just ATF. I suspect that includes photo copying the entire book.

So this is way beyond universal background checks, it is defacto registration.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not Hunters as a catagory. The up to 20 in Annapolis the other day are not representive of all +/- 100,000 of us. There are far more hunters in MDS , than the MHC.

I have no beef with their deer management and hunter access issues. My beef is their not having suitable attention to gun rights also.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    The NRA has setup a Site to submit EMAILS to the Reps on (2) HBs 948 and 159.

its easy and every bit helps and it has a pass it to friend set up as well.

https://act.nraila.org/default.aspx

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...criminalize-the-private-transfer-of-long-guns

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20010314/maryland-summary-of-bills

thanks for the links
    my version of the email sent

As a fellow resident of Maryland, I respectfully urge you to oppose Senate Bill 948. More laws only harm law-abiding citizens. CRIMINALS by their very nature do not obey laws. It does no good to pile on charges when criminals are released early, or given PBJ and put back on the streets. Maryland society is in decay because current laws have no consequences when the scofflaws are permitted to snicker at the justice system.

SB 948 would require individuals to appear before a licensed firearm dealer to request a criminal background check prior to transferring a long gun, absent limited and vague exceptions. This flawed legislation is being pushed by an out-of-state anti-gun group who is trying to impose their misguided policies on the law-abiding gun owners of Maryland.

Again, as a fellow resident of Maryland, I urge you to oppose Senate Bill 948.

It's Déjà vu all over again

More Gun Control? CDC Study
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=166724

Kopel - The Costs and Consequences of Gun Control
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=185169

interesting MD history here
    history: "Reasonable precaution against apprehended danger"
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180629

Last edited:

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    This is absolutely defacto registration.

Note that the bill says Maryland regulated firearms dealer. There are still non Maryland regulated firearms dealer FFLs out there, who can do a 4473 and transfer station long gun.

The difference being FSA2013 specified that MSP is allowed to see the bound book for non regulated transfers, not just ATF. I suspect that includes photo copying the entire book.

So this is way beyond universal background checks, it is defacto registration.

Take a look at this link. Owe Mao had been tracking firearms and I doubt the database has gone away. But the link to the file on the web for governor's office has been removed.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=233963&postcount=10

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

What makes you think that those records are destroyed? ( Hint; Clarksburg, W. Va.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom