• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    Did anybody go in to Gunrunners yesterday? I have not been able. I am at 80 days now and it's getting closer to 10-1. If the MSP is up to the end of April now, I might still make it. With BPS releasing, they must know somethng. We have to put the pressure on Bob to get a plan out of him. S--t or get off the pot.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Did anybody go in to Gunrunners yesterday? I have not been able. I am at 80 days now and it's getting closer to 10-1. If the MSP is up to the end of April now, I might still make it. With BPS releasing, they must know somethng. We have to put the pressure on Bob to get a plan out of him. S--t or get off the pot.

Bass Pro went all the way to the AG of the USA to get the go ahead.

Most little shops don't have the juice to pull that off.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I can confirm Bel Air Gun and Pawn is releasing 8-10 days. I just took in my last ND when I purchased a P226 yesterday. Nice staff and a good place to do business!

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV

I was in early in the week, and there is no change in policy forthcoming. Bob is firmly entrenched in the mantra of some "magic" letter coming from ATF that will enable him to release, personally I'm starting to believe its just smoke and mirrors, because there isn't going to be any such letter and he knows it, it's just a way for him to offer his more vocal customers some tiny ray of hope. I also feel he's being negatively influenced in this by his sidekick Fred. On a personal level I like Bob, but I feel his stubbornness in this matter is going to impact his customer loyalty down the road, but it's his business, his decision.

With regard to wait times/release dates, I am currently @ about 110 days for an April 24th submission, and even though the recording at MSP states they are working on late April apps (for 1st reviews) Bob told me pointedly that many of the apps he's receiving were completed ND and sat for up to 2 weeks before MSP got around to faxing them out to him. If you are @ 80 days I don't think it's unrealistic to say you probably have at least another 30 days wait to contend with. You could always get lucky though, there seems to be little consistency in any of this, and I've heard reports of some people getting ND's back in as little as 90 days for the mid to late April time frame. Good luck.:thumbsup:

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    Bass Pro went all the way to the AG of the USA to get the go ahead.

Most little shops don't have the juice to pull that off.

All it takes is an inquiry. Not sure how much "juice" is needed for that. Dealers that are releasing have lines 3 or 4 deep at their counters most of the time. The others not so much

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    I was in early in the week, and there is no change in policy forthcoming. Bob is firmly entrenched in the mantra of some "magic" letter coming from ATF that will enable him to release, personally I'm starting to believe its just smoke and mirrors, because there isn't going to be any such letter and he knows it, it's just a way for him to offer his more vocal customers some tiny ray of hope. I also feel he's being negatively influenced in this by his sidekick Fred. On a personal level I like Bob, but I feel his stubbornness in this matter is going to impact his customer loyalty down the road, but it's his business, his decision.

With regard to wait times/release dates, I am currently @ about 110 days for an April 24th submission, and even though the recording at MSP states they are working on late April apps (for 1st reviews) Bob told me pointedly that many of the apps he's receiving were completed ND and sat for up to 2 weeks before MSP got around to faxing them out to him. If you are @ 80 days I don't think it's unrealistic to say you probably have at least another 30 days wait to contend with. You could always get lucky though, there seems to be little consistency in any of this, and I've heard reports of some people getting ND's back in as little as 90 days for the mid to late April time frame. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Disappointing to say the least. I agree it is his decision, but people have long memories about this kind of thing, especially with the internet and the list of on-time release dealers with this situation.

I like Bob too. I was hoping he would change his policy. When the lawsuit thing happened, I was in there that evening and Fred said, "Come back next week. We are figuring out the paperwork details, and will be releasing everything".

Both the Wife and I have been waiting for over 100 days (107 and 103). I plan to go see him one weeknight this week if I can get past the interference run by Fred. Been a loyal customer for about a decade.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick

Agree with everything you are saying. I like Bob too and was led to the shop by a mutual friend. I never bought any guns there but was encouraged to have my handgun transferred thru them. I am pretty sure that Fred, a retired LEO, has much to say in the matter. I don't appreciate all of the positive bs they have been handing out over the past months. I do feel that my transfer will just squeak by in time. It's just that right now I don't know who to be mad with.:mad54:

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Both the Wife and I have been waiting for over 100 days (107 and 103). I plan to go see him one weeknight this week if I can get past the interference run by Fred. Been a loyal customer for about a decade.

Well good luck, it's always a friendly atmosphere in there, but don't expect to make any headway. I don't want to sound so pessimistic, but I'm a realist, and I'm convinced that short of a letter from the Attorney General of the United States or the Director of ATF he is not going to release early, period.

The unfortunate thing about the situation with Fred is he's moving to Florida, and one day soon he'll be sipping Pina Colada's while Bob is going to be left holding the bag with the long term effects of what I regard as a shortsighted policy. I wish Bob was smart enough to realize that Fred doesn't have a pony in this parade, and ultimately he's the one that's going to suffer any hardships because of Fred's advice.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    Well good luck, it's always a friendly atmosphere in there, but don't expect to make any headway. I don't want to sound so pessimistic, but I'm a realist, and I'm convinced that short of a letter from the Attorney General of the United States or the Director of ATF he is not going to release early, period.

The unfortunate thing about the situation with Fred is he's moving to Florida, and one day soon he'll be sipping Pina Colada's while Bob is going to be left holding the bag with the long term effects of what I regard as a shortsighted policy. I wish Bob was smart enough to realize that Fred doesn't have a pony in this parade, and ultimately he's the one that's going to suffer any hardships because of Fred's advice.

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I won't make a dent, but he should hear a few sentences from as many as possible. I've sent plenty of friends his way over the years. I suspect referrals will be lower from many people going forward. I need to research nearby places soon (hagerstown, etc.).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I just got back from BPS...

Can confirm that Smokey and team are handling 3 and 4 folks at a time, getting their releases squared away.

sorry I missed ya. It's been busy trying to keep the line for appointments rolling quick and also manage the appointment book. People are doing a good job of showing up pretty close to their appointment time and that's helping us manage the flow bigtime. When we have 6 people show up all at once(some early and some late), things get a little backed up for a while until we can clear it. Welp, lunchbreak ovahhh, time to get back to the madness.

Tommy803

Jul 12, 2013
    Monrovia
    Question for you? Is it worth getting guns that are sitting at Gun Runners sent somewhwere else with a "on time relaese" policy? Has anyone done that? I'm sure there would be some fee from Bob other than shipping. I did two handguns in mid June. I know they are still in April approvals from what it looks like. It will be quite a while and getting close to 10-1 based on his release. ??

Mr H

Banana'd
    I've been recommending to folks to do the math.

See if they CAN be transferred to an 8-day shop before 9/15, and figure out if it's worth the expense for them to do it and be done with it.

It's up to the individual, but I would look into it, in that situation.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Question for you? Is it worth getting guns that are sitting at Gun Runners sent somewhwere else with a "on time relaese" policy? Has anyone done that? I'm sure there would be some fee from Bob other than shipping. I did two handguns in mid June. I know they are still in April approvals from what it looks like. It will be quite a while and getting close to 10-1 based on his release. ??

You can certainly ask, the worst he could say is no, and he may well do it, though as you noted there are likely some fees involved.

If I had a handgun in the process with GR I would most definitely have already looked in to the possibility of a transfer to a releasing dealer. I have two long guns there that should get released before the deadline, and several lower receivers that probably will not see the light of day until Halloween at the rate we are going. :banghead:

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    How does that work exactly?

If GR already sent the paperwork to MSP with all their info on it and you agree to pay the fees to send to Basspro (as an example)...how does MSP know to send the paperwork to BPS, when it does compete?

Does some other form get FAX'ed to MSP with an update?

Tommy803

Jul 12, 2013
    Monrovia
    How does that work exactly?

If GR already sent the paperwork to MSP with all their info on it and you agree to pay the fees to send to Basspro (as an example)...how does MSP know to send the paperwork to BPS, when it does compete?

Does some other form get FAX'ed to MSP with an update?

good question... I think it just starts all over again with new paperwork and 8 days(ish) I would think the dealer releasing would want their own paperwork on it. Not sure what happens to the paperwork already at MSP?

Thanks for the input. I'll talk to him this week and see how it goes.

I will update after..
    :banghead:

Sleeping Troll

Jul 12, 2012
    Someone mentioned to me the other day that their FFL is going to release everything before Oct 1st so nothing is caught in all of the mixup. I have multiple things I am about to buy and I am hoping to get my regulated firearms collector status before Oct 1st so I don't have to be in the mixup as well.

In case I do not get it before then, what FFL's in the area are doing the "releasing everything before oct. 1st deal and is this something that is "legal"? Also, do you know what transfer fees are for that FFL?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be giving this FFL a lot of business before oct. 1st. Thanks in advance.

Jiman

Dec 12, 2012
    Someone mentioned to me the other day that their FFL is going to release everything before Oct 1st so nothing is caught in all of the mixup. I have multiple things I am about to buy and I am hoping to get my regulated firearms collector status before Oct 1st so I don't have to be in the mixup as well.

In case I do not get it before then, what FFL's in the area are doing the "releasing everything before oct. 1st deal and is this something that is "legal"? Also, do you know what transfer fees are for that FFL?

If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be giving this FFL a lot of business before oct. 1st. Thanks in advance.

I kinda get the logic of not releasing before getting a NICS#, although I obviously don't agree. The releasing before 01Oct2013, makes no sense. If a FFL is concerned about releasing before getting a response from MSP, I don't see how releasing before Oct limits ones fear of liability (civil or from ATF).

Some of these FFLs and their logic are no better than the governments.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I kinda get the logic of not releasing before getting a NICS#, although I obviously don't agree. The releasing before 01Oct2013, makes no sense. If a FFL is concerned about releasing before getting a response from MSP, I don't see how releasing before Oct limits ones fear of liability (civil or from ATF).

Some of these FFLs and their logic are no better than the governments.
    I see it as too little, too late. A ploy to keep customers coming in after they get a HQL to say they were on our side. Nope.

I work for the Feds, so Im one of the few who is already on file. Infringing as it may be, Ill get one if for no other reason than to keep the good shops in business. Given the new mag limit, i guess ill just be increasing my number of 45 cal guns though. Somewhere in there we became California East.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom