• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Maybe a big company like BP releasing per the law will be a wake up call to those shops out there STILL unable to comply with the law. I love shooting at Freestate, and I have bought unregulated there, but I will not buy regulated there because of their stance. It would be nice to be able to do all my biz in one place. I would if I could....

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Maybe a big company like BP releasing per the law will be a wake up call to those shops out there STILL unable to comply with the law. I love shooting at Freestate, and I have bought unregulated there, but I will not buy regulated there because of their stance. It would be nice to be able to do all my biz in one place. I would if I could....

in the same boat.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County

Agree. I have a friend who unfortunately bought from Cop Shop. He said they told him something along the lines of:

"The 8 day release is illegal under federal law and suspects businesses will lose their licenses".

I mean, really? I gave him hell for supporting such an ignorant shop.

dan2305

Jun 28, 2013

Same here. I've done business else where because of their release policies. You would think for a business, that the loss of revenue would be enough of a wake up call especially when so many other businesses are releasing on time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Same here. I've done business else where because of their release policies. You would think for a business, that the loss of revenue would be enough of a wake up call especially when so many other businesses are releasing on time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

But there are plenty of people who don't know about the release policies (like my friend). They get your $ first so if they are only looking at the short term, it doesnt matter to them.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Agree. I have a friend who unfortunately bought from Cop Shop. He said they told him something along the lines of:

"The 8 day release is illegal under federal law and suspects businesses will lose their licenses".

I mean, really? I gave him hell for supporting such an ignorant shop.

basspro's lawyers felt the same way until their lawyer was able to get the attorney general's office to put in writing that it was legal to go ahead with the transfer if the state failed their duty as POC in the time required. I've been trying to get ahold of that correspondence, but I'm fairly sure it was intended to only be seen by the store manager.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    basspro's lawyers felt the same way until their lawyer was able to get the attorney general's office to put in writing that it was legal to go ahead with the transfer if the state failed their duty as POC in the time required. I've been trying to get ahold of that correspondence, but I'm fairly sure it was intended to only be seen by the store manager.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I talked to rick at Rick's Gun and Pawn yesterday and asked him about their policy. He said "::cough:: ::cough:: we are waiting for MSP because of any civil suit that might arise......"

Can anyone help me with them??

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    I talked to rick at Rick's Gun and Pawn yesterday and asked him about their policy. He said "::cough:: ::cough:: we are waiting for MSP because of any civil suit that might arise......"

I picked up a mossy from them a couple weeks ago and asked the same question. They said civil liability issues then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD

I'm going to help by calling them and telling them they need to ship my 2 guns to another FFL that is doing 8th day release.

I'll pay them for the paperwork and shipping. But I won't patronage them again.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Now if my 87-day at an 8-day (with met conditions) dealer would come through........

I seriously doubt they are still working backlog.

I see the "backlog" issue cited from time to time.

I am curious if anyone can describe just what the source of the backlog is? I was under the impression that once we sign the paperwork the FFL just has to fax or mail it to the MSP. That shouldn't be any cause for backlog. Am I missing something?

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Incase you haven't heard you will need a Handgun Qualification License to pick up your purchased handguns after October 1st... The Attorney Generals Opinion link is located below, in the general information page and in the Documents Folder.

AG Opinion on HQL needed to pick up Handgun After October 1st

So if your dealer is not releasing ON TIME and you suspect that your Non Disapproval wont come back until after October 1st you have few options:
    1. Convince them to release to you on the 8th day, transfer to another dealer, or take your business elsewhere.
    2. Look into getting your HQL

I have a feeling the Dealer Release Doc will see more traffic as we count down the days until October 1st (1 Month and 22 Days). Be sure you are reporting in as much information as you have. Please share the Document Folder with others who may not be MDS members.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.

I walked in the other day with $1000 in cash to buy an m&p Sheild and a couple lowers....After finding out that they don't release on time i walked out and purchased everything from another dealer.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Update on the Gun Shack Mt Airy
    I picked up my April 13th today and spoke with Susie
    She said they are doing an on time release (really about 2 weeks)
    if you have
    1) Md issued Conceal Carry Permit
    2) MD Collectors Letter
    3) You make a purchase that allows a NICS check (buy a long gun take home a handgun in 2 weeks)

They are working through the backlog looking for people that meet the criteria and calling them to come pickup their guns

Gun Shack called me tonight for release of a purchase made two weeks and one day ago. It greatly helps if they have a copy of your DC letter on file. Mine is.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Incase you haven't heard you will need a Handgun Qualification License to pick up your purchased handguns after October 1st... The Attorney Generals Opinion link is located below, in the general information page and in the Documents Folder.

AG Opinion on HQL needed to pick up Handgun After October 1st

So if your dealer is not releasing ON TIME and you suspect that your Non Disapproval wont come back until after October 1st you have few options:
    1. Convince them to release to you on the 8th day, transfer to another dealer, or take your business elsewhere.
    2. Look into getting your HQL

I have a feeling the Dealer Release Doc will see more traffic as we count down the days until October 1st (1 Month and 22 Days). Be sure you are reporting in as much information as you have. Please share the Document Folder with others who may not be MDS members.

No, I had not heard that. That is just....beyond FUBAR. I mean damn, holy shit. F-U MSAR, so glad I switched to A1. I'm at 100 days with MSAR and I "should" see the last of my bits before the end of August hopefully, but damn. Comparing the two dealers is like comparing a supernova to a black hole.

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    just spent $1011 last week Monday, checked Freestate and gun connection. was told that they were not releasing early. went to Bowman's and got a Ruger mk111 and Springfield XD9. picking up Wednesday on the 8th day. today I see that the MD AG has sent a letter saying that if you are not in actual possession of your gun by Oct 1st that you must take the HQL class (that doesn't even exist yet) before you can pick up. I feel bad for all the folks that purchased from places that are waiting for the MSP... basically it seems that if you didn't buy from them before mid May you may never see your gun...its sad really. ad to that the fact that it seems the MSP is sitting on ND's for two weeks before notifying the FFL and you have a real Cluster F.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Can you add, The Armory, its in Annapolis. Thanks!

What information am I adding for "The Armory in Annapolis" They are already on the spreadsheet on page 3 "Waiting"

Also please follow the procedures of reporting information using the comment feature on the spreadsheet. It is clearly explained in the Original Post.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    I was at Barts today to fill out paperwork and was told it was a TWO WEEK, not eight day release. Anyone else get the same story? If so, can we update the spreadsheet? I would have gone somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom