• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    so your saying Bass Pro is about to release without MDSP paperwork coming back? i was there Saturday and they told me there only on April 12th sales... so even if they do there will be some back log we will all have to deal with.

109 days and counting today!!! Blue Fins SUCKS!!!!!!!:mad54: Will NEVER shop/buy/spend a cent in there AGAIN. I have picked up 4 others elsewhere since and picking up 2 more tomorrow while they are STILL sitting on my property. Can you tell I'm pissed?:mad54::mad54: By the way, Barts is releasing after 2 weeks with no restrictions. $60 for a regulated transfer. $40 if you need a spent casing and $30 for the dumbass bore lock of which I now have 4 I don't need!

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    It's funny, I went into just guns on Harford Rd as a joke. The dude made me out to be a criminal because I asked if they released on time. Haven't you read the paper today he said (last week)? I said I had, and asked him what his point was. Because of you but the sun's bs propaganda, you clearly shouldn't own a 2a business. Needless to say, we didn't do business

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Hambone

May 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    so your saying Bass Pro is about to release without MDSP paperwork coming back? i was there Saturday and they told me there only on April 12th sales... so even if they do there will be some back log we will all have to deal with.

I picked up a 4/19 purchase there yesterday and was told by the employee at the counter that he had heard whispers about releasing after 11 days. As of 7:30 yesterday it was speculation.

Rob Jones

Jul 19, 2013
    White Plains, MD
    I went in to Target Acquired in Waldorf and purchased, July, 15.

Paperwork was 7/15 or 7/16.

Called after 2 weeks.

Weapon picked up on 7/24 or 7/25.

No DC or Previous purchase.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

There is a LARGE backlog. I was on the phone for about 4 hours today doing nothing but calling a couple hundred people to schedule an appointment to come get their gun. The store is making every effort to get customers their guns in a timely and fair way. The gun room girl is one of the hardest working people I've seen and is doing one hell of a job at re-organizing to transition to this new policy. The calls to schedule appointments are being made in chronological order to ensure the customers waiting the longest get to come in first to get their guns. It was frustrating to have only roughly half the people answer their phones, but people have jobs. An employee is scheduled to do nothing but call and re-call people waiting for guns to get them in and a table has been set up at the end of the counter to handle paperwork for the appointments made. It was cool to hear people on the other end of the phone be so patient and understanding all today. We have a pretty supportive gun community here.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    109 days and counting today!!! Blue Fins SUCKS!!!!!!!:mad54: Will NEVER shop/buy/spend a cent in there AGAIN. I have picked up 4 others elsewhere since and picking up 2 more tomorrow while they are STILL sitting on my property. Can you tell I'm pissed?:mad54::mad54: By the way, Barts is releasing after 2 weeks with no restrictions. $60 for a regulated transfer. $40 if you need a spent casing and $30 for the dumbass bore lock of which I now have 4 I don't need!

I was in Bluefins today, picked up a lower that I purchased there. If you have a recent ND, designated collector, CCW permit, or are LEO, they are releasing with a signature on a waiver. If you are a collector, which your sig says you are, they will release. Jaimie told me today that if a buyer meets the above criteria, they will release on eigth day on regulated firearms.

I was in Bluefins today, picked up a lower that I purchased there. If you have a recent ND, designated collector, CCW permit, or are LEO, they are releasing with a signature on a waiver. If you are a collector, which your sig says you are, they will release. Jaimie told me today that if a buyer meets the above criteria, they will release on eigth day on regulated firearms.

Thanks for the heads up. Nice that they FINALLY decide to get with the program after they made me wait 109 + days. I appreciate the information but they will never get any of my or my friends business again after this BS. At least now I can finally go get my property.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Update on the Gun Shack Mt Airy
    I picked up my April 13th today and spoke with Susie
    She said they are doing an on time release (really about 2 weeks)
    if you have
    1) Md issued Conceal Carry Permit
    2) MD Collectors Letter
    3) You make a purchase that allows a NICS check (buy a long gun take home a handgun in 2 weeks)

They are working through the backlog looking for people that meet the criteria and calling them to come pickup their guns

curtr109

Aug 5, 2013
    bass pro release

Picked up my April 20 from bass pro yesterday without ND. He confirmed their new 11 day policy, saying it would be a mad house in there once the 1000+ owners of purchased guns catch word of it (I think the vault is getting pretty full) . They are going through calling the oldest applicants first. Pretty sure you have to make an apt. Sounded like they were only doing one per hour. Good luck, grabbed mine as soon as I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom