Ultimate Member
    wtf?

Is this

9x17mm
    9x18mm Makarov
    9x18mm Police (9mm Ultra)
    9mm Browning Long (9x20mm Browning SR)
    9mm Glisenti
    9x19mm Parabellum (9mm Luger, 9x19mm NATO)
    9mm Federal
    9x21mm IMI
    9x21mm Gyurza (9x21mm SP-10)
    9mm Action Express (9mm AE)
    9x23mm Steyr
    9mm Largo (9mm Bergmann-Bayard, 9x23mm Largo)
    9mm Super Cooper (9x22mm Super Cooper)
    9x23mm Winchester
    9mm Mars
    9x25mm Mauser (Export caliber for C96)
    9mm Winchester Magnum
    9x25mm Dillon
    9x25mm Super Auto G
    9x30mm Magnum (9mm Dillon Magnum)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Due to overwhelming worldwide production, and current avaiablity of multiple pistols there is a strong implied presumption of 9x19 , or at bigger streatch, ctgs suitable for use in full size service pistols.
    But to go out on a Limb :

9mm Mars - high performan ctg decadea ahead of its time, in an obscure pistol of same mfg.

9mm Bergman-Bayard - adaquate ctg in a pistol that was used in somewhat respectable numbers, helping to validate the concept of self loading pistols.

9mm Largo - Another early ctg that helped validate selfloaders, was made in a variety of early pistol. Lived on a long time as Spanish Military chambering until they were drug into 9x19 standardazation. Early ctgs were loaded somewhat milder than 9x19 , the final Spanish Milspec had them into .38 Superish specs. My prefered platorm are the Star Mdl B and B Super .

.38 Super - Origionally loaded quite hot it broke new ground in high performance and long range selfloaders, and handguns generally. Later in '80s had a resurgence in IPSC raceguns. The Colt Gov't Model is most identified gun. The 9x23 Win and countless near identical wildcats duplicated capacity and performance, only a lawyer could tell them apart.

.357 SIG. - duplicated performance of 1929 era .38 Super , but in a bottle neck ctg suitable for chambering large number of current platforms otherwise suitable for 9x19 and .40. The actual SIG came first, but preferences would follow whatever your preference in a .40 cal postol .

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Is this

9x17mm
    9x18mm Makarov
    9mm Glisenti
    9mm Federal
    9x21mm IMI
    9x23mm Steyr
    9x23mm Winchester
    9mm Mars
    9mm Winchester Magnum
    9x25mm Dillon
    9x25mm Super Auto G

Due to overwhelming worldwide production, and current avaiablity of multiple pistols there is a strong implied presumption of 9x19 , or at bigger streatch, ctgs suitable for use in full size service pistols.
    But to go out on a Limb :

9mm Mars - high performan ctg decadea ahead of its time, in an obscure pistol of same mfg.

9mm Bergman-Bayard - adaquate ctg in a pistol that was used in somewhat respectable numbers, helping to validate the concept of self loading pistols.

9mm Largo - Another early ctg that helped validate selfloaders, was made in a variety of early pistol. Lived on a long time as Spanish Military chambering until they were drug into 9x19 standardazation. Early ctgs were loaded somewhat milder than 9x19 , the final Spanish Milspec had them into .38 Superish specs. My prefered platorm are the Star Mdl B and B Super .

.38 Super - Origionally loaded quite hot it broke new ground in high performance and long range selfloaders, and handguns generally. Later in '80s had a resurgence in IPSC raceguns. The Colt Gov't Model is most identified gun. The 9x23 Win and countless near identical wildcats duplicated capacity and performance, only a lawyer could tell them apart.

.357 SIG. - duplicated performance of 1929 era .38 Super , but in a bottle neck ctg suitable for chambering large number of current platforms otherwise suitable for 9x19 and .40. The actual SIG came first, but preferences would follow whatever your preference in a .40 cal postol .

my OP says 9mm Para

I got this idea from another forum. LIST your Top 5 9mm (9x19) pistols in order.

tzoid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 8, 2007
    Wow... Look at the big brains in MD Shooters Forum. :sad20:

Must have a ton of time on your hands :lol2:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Is this

9x17mm- .380 auto to us
    9x18mm Makarov
    9mm Glisenti
    9mm Federal
    9x21mm IMI
    9x23mm Steyr
    9x23mm Winchester
    9mm Mars
    9mm Winchester Magnum
    9x25mm Dillon
    9x25mm Super Auto G

The .38 Super, introduced in the late 1920's. Higher pressure and velocity than the parent round, the .38 ACP. It was used in Mexico a lot because it wasn't a military caliber. Civilians were not allowed to own military caliber handguns.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My list would be exactly the same except Substitute #3 with the Sig X5

I have an X5, it performs really well, but the lack of parts, super-expensive mags puts it low on my list. It is also too pretty and expensive to subject to the customary holster marks, scratches and dings sustained by other pistols. Without those, one can not be proficient in it's use.

If I want to shoot 9mm really fast, a Mac11/9 can be purchased for a couple of hundred bucks more.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    That's odd....

Nobody has listed a G18

Weird huh.:cool:

Or the 93R...

beretta93r-1.jpg

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I have an X5, it performs really well, but the lack of parts, super-expensive mags puts it low on my list. It is also too pretty and expensive to subject to the customary holster marks, scratches and dings sustained by other pistols. Without those, one can not be proficient in it's use.

If I want to shoot 9mm really fast, a Mac11/9 can be purchased for a couple of hundred bucks more.

I thought Mac 11's weren't legal here...

boatbiologist

Nov 6, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Sig P226 Combat
    HK P7

Only have two 9mm as of yet. I would like a Browning Hi Power

You can end your 9mm pistol collection now.

While many are good, especially the 92f and G19, the Sig P226 and HK P7 are the only 2 9mm pistols I still have. If I felt I needed to expand my 9mm collection, I would add a XDM followed by a M&P, but the P226 and P7 cover my requirements in that caliber quite well.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    All of my list I either own or have shot more than once. In order:

1. G17/G19
    2. Sig P226
    3. S&W M&P 9
    4. Beretta 92FS
    5. Ruger SR9 (Wouldn't have added it to the list but its the only other full size 9 i've fired. And to its credit it was decent. No malfunctions or anything)

I REALLY want to get my hands on a Walther P99.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I thought Mac 11's weren't legal here...

Maybe as a pistol, but if they are put on NFA paperwork, they are legal.

What you would have to do is buy a semi auto Mac 10, have it shipped to a 07 manufacturer who has their SOT paperwork. ( a gun maker who can make NFA toys) The 07 would convert the Mac 10 to an AOW. Exempt from MD's assault pistol rules. Contact "midcountygunshop" for assistance.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Well...I have only one..S&W 439 because it fit me really well.

But the sights are the pits...So I got a custom made mount, and a Dot scope.....

Now to find a reload menu that will allow "in the Black" at 25 yards...

Regards, R

Gaius Baltar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 7, 2010
    glock 19
    hi point 995 carbine... hell yeah! accurate, lighweight, and very good accuracy at 100yards.

both can shoot +p ammo... 115-147 jhp or fmj......

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville

Try telling Apone or KAC that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom