• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dant98

Oct 25, 2013
    For those with Polymer / Printed lowers/receivers...
    I haven't pursued this yet, but Browne Works, Inc. out of Pasadena apparently will affix and engrave a plate to your frame w/ ATF compliant serialization.

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    UPCOMING 80% SERIALIZING EVENTS
    (ATF and MD complaint)

Hello everyone, I’m Alejandro with Blue Customworks and I’m a type 7 FFL manufacturer offering laser serializing services (ATF and MD Compliant).

I’ll be serializing at the following designated gun events if you would like to bring your 80%’s:
    *We can also schedule an appointment at my shop in Finksburg, MD if you prefer.

Associated Gun Clubs of Maryland (AGC Range):
    Sat 10/1 10:30AM-5:30PM

Sun 10/2 11AM-3:30PM
    Tue 10/4 3PM-7PM
    Hosted by Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club
    *Open to the public
    https://agcrange.org/
    https://www.arlingtonrpc.com/

Serializing Pricing:
    1-4 Guns: $45 each
    5 or more Guns: $40 each
    *AGC Badge holders get $5 discount per gun and 10% of proceeds are donated to the AGC.
    *NFA Engravings: same pricing.
    *I accept card and cash.

*Bring friends and family to combine theirs for pricing. They have to come in person with gov issued photo ID.

Please Bring:
    -Gov issued photo ID
    -Guns unloaded with upper/slide removed (stocks can stay on)

They take 10 mins each.
    If you come to one of the AGC events: You can drop them off with me then go shoot at the range or come back later to pick them up.

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Thanks

A frame or a receiver marked in this manner (ATF Method) by a manufacturer or importer need not be registered with the Maryland State Police.” -Maryland Shall Issue
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/information/privately-made-firearms-in-maryland

***We are conducting doing HQL/Wear and Carry Courses if you or someone you know need one.

We still have seats available for our *Oct 8-9 Class in Finksburg, MD. Email me if you want to sign up.
    Wear and Carry 10/8-9 $350 (HQL included free if needed)
    HQL Only 10/8 $125

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    Finksburg, MD
    Cerakote – Laser Engraving
    P80-80% Lower Serializing – NFA Engraving
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Mobile: (301) 742-4428
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker search: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

Last edited:

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    Devil Dog Laser Engraving was easy to deal with, quick to respond, and had them done quickly. Would highly recommend if you're in the SOMD area.

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    80% Serializing at the Timonium Gun Show Oct 15 &16

Hello everyone, I'm an FFL manufacturer and I will be laser engraving ATF/MSP compliant serial numbers on 80% guns at the Timonium Gun Show Oct 15 and 16.

Feel free to contact me with questions or if you prefer to schedule an appointment at my workshop in Finksburg, MD.

Alejandro Schubert
    Owner & Artist
    Blue Customworks
    P80-80% Lower (ATF/MSP Compliant) Serializing
    NFA Engraving - Custom Laser Engraving/Stippling – Custom Cerakote
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

aervin

May 11, 2015
    Just had some lowers engraved by Alejandro, highly recommend, especially since he brings his setup to ranges/shows for your convenience.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    *clears throat*

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    haha, yeah this kinda sucks for some. Is there a "Duty to Inform" ? j/k.
    Duty to Inform. US vs Price Case 2:22-cr-00097 Document 48 Filed 10/12/22

Quoted from TEXT
    "The Government makes no attempt to explain how any of these limits are analogous to Section 922(k)’s prohibition on possessing a firearm without a serial number, and I find no apparent analogue. Firearms with no serial number are just as “bearable” as the same firearm with a serial number, and there is no “common use” issue here as the presence or lack of a serial number makes no difference with respect to whether the type of weapon is Case 2:22-cr-00097
    Document 48 Filed 10/12/22 Page 13 of 20 PageID #: 251 14
    commonly used. Finally, I can find no authority for the idea that a firearm without a serial number would meet the historical definition of a dangerous or unusual firearm. In fact, as the Government points out, the commercial requirement that a serial number be placed on a firearm “does not impair the use or functioning of a weapon in any way.”

Attachments

• US v Price SD WVa.pdf
      230.5 KB · Views: 84
    Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Quoted from TEXT
    "The Government makes no attempt to explain how any of these limits are analogous to Section 922(k)’s prohibition on possessing a firearm without a serial number, and I find no apparent analogue. Firearms with no serial number are just as “bearable” as the same firearm with a serial number, and there is no “common use” issue here as the presence or lack of a serial number makes no difference with respect to whether the type of weapon is Case 2:22-cr-00097
    commonly used. Finally, I can find no authority for the idea that a firearm without a serial number would meet the historical definition of a dangerous or unusual firearm. In fact, as the Government points out, the commercial requirement that a serial number be placed on a firearm “does not impair the use or functioning of a weapon in any way.”
    Doesn't affect Maryland (yet), different state. If it goes to the 4th Circuit and is upheld, then it can be used directly in Maryland, but only for altered serial numbers. Not sure how it would apply to the current law.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Doesn't affect Maryland (yet), different state. If it goes to the 4th Circuit and is upheld, then it can be used directly in Maryland, but only for altered serial numbers. Not sure how it would apply to the current law.

Agree that this doesn't affect Md (yet). Agree if or when the 4th Circuit upholds---we'll see my friend.
    But only for altered serial numbers the judge in this court is clearly disagreement--therefore unconstitutional.

Quoted from the TEXT in US vs Price..

As for its argument that restrictions on certain types of weapons are constitutional, the Government starts and stops by explaining that the Court in Heller acknowledged three permissible limits: the firearms must be “bearable arms” to receive protection, the arms must not be “dangerous or unusual weapons,” and the arms must be kinds in “common use.” [ECF No. 17, at 12–13]. The Government makes no attempt to explain how any of these limits are analogous to Section 922(k)’s prohibition on possessing a firearm without a serial number, and I find no apparent analogue.
    Firearms with no serial number are just as “bearable” as the same firearm with a serial number, and there is no “common use” issue here as the presence or lack of a serial number makes no difference with respect to whether the type of weapon is
    Case 2:22-cr-00097 Document 48 Filed 10/12/22 Page 13 of 20 PageID #: 251 14
    commonly used. Finally, I can find no authority for the idea that a firearm without a serial number would meet the historical definition of a dangerous or unusual firearm. In fact, as the Government points out, the commercial requirement that a serial number be placed on a firearm “does not impair the use or functioning of a weapon in any way.” [ECF No. 17, at 12 (quoting Marzzarella, 614 F.3d at 94)]. The mechanics of the firearm—with or without a serial number—are the same. A firearm without a serial number in 1791 was certainly not considered dangerous or unusual compared to other firearms because serial numbers were not required or even commonly used at that time. While I recognize there is an argument, not made by the Government here, that firearms with an obliterated serial number are likely to be used in violent crime and therefore a prohibition on their possession is desirable, that argument is the exact type of means-end reasoning the Supreme Court has forbidden me from considering. And the founders addressed the “societal problem” of non-law-abiding citizens possessing firearms through “materially different means”—felon disarmament laws like Section 922(g)(1). Bruen, 142 S. Ct

PMF without serial number either pistols or rifles are common use! Or did I miss something?

It is therefore HMO that the SB381 Md law unconstitutional on its face.

• An attack on the constitutionality of a statute can be a claim that the statute is unconstitutional on its face, is unconstitutional as applied, or both. A statute is unconstitutional on its face when its wording is unconstitutional.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Agree that this doesn't affect Md (yet). Agree if or when the 4th Circuit upholds---we'll see my friend.
    But only for altered serial numbers the judge in this court is clearly disagreement--therefore unconstitutional.

Quoted from the TEXT in US vs Price..

As for its argument that restrictions on certain types of weapons are constitutional, the Government starts and stops by explaining that the Court in Heller acknowledged three permissible limits: the firearms must be “bearable arms” to receive protection, the arms must not be “dangerous or unusual weapons,” and the arms must be kinds in “common use.” [ECF No. 17, at 12–13]. The Government makes no attempt to explain how any of these limits are analogous to Section 922(k)’s prohibition on possessing a firearm without a serial number, and I find no apparent analogue.
    Firearms with no serial number are just as “bearable” as the same firearm with a serial number, and there is no “common use” issue here as the presence or lack of a serial number makes no difference with respect to whether the type of weapon is
    Case 2:22-cr-00097 Document 48 Filed 10/12/22 Page 13 of 20 PageID #: 251 14
    commonly used. Finally, I can find no authority for the idea that a firearm without a serial number would meet the historical definition of a dangerous or unusual firearm. In fact, as the Government points out, the commercial requirement that a serial number be placed on a firearm “does not impair the use or functioning of a weapon in any way.” [ECF No. 17, at 12 (quoting Marzzarella, 614 F.3d at 94)]. The mechanics of the firearm—with or without a serial number—are the same. A firearm without a serial number in 1791 was certainly not considered dangerous or unusual compared to other firearms because serial numbers were not required or even commonly used at that time. While I recognize there is an argument, not made by the Government here, that firearms with an obliterated serial number are likely to be used in violent crime and therefore a prohibition on their possession is desirable, that argument is the exact type of means-end reasoning the Supreme Court has forbidden me from considering. And the founders addressed the “societal problem” of non-law-abiding citizens possessing firearms through “materially different means”—felon disarmament laws like Section 922(g)(1). Bruen, 142 S. Ct

PMF without serial number either pistols or rifles are common use! Or did I miss something?
    Nope, you didn't miss anything.

It is therefore HMO that the SB381 Md law unconstitutional on its face.

• An attack on the constitutionality of a statute can be a claim that the statute is unconstitutional on its face, is unconstitutional as applied, or both. A statute is unconstitutional on its face when its wording is unconstitutional.
    Yep, on it's face, but that law still needs to be challenged in Maryland and found the same using the same logic as the Judge in WV did. Would a Federal District Judge in Maryland find the same way? I sure hope so. The guidance is pretty clear to you and me, but there are those that believe SCOTUS got it wrong and may decide to skirt the edge of the Bruen ruling. The outcome of that is that it goes to the 4th Circuit and they decide, which it would anyway given that absolutely no one will settle for a Federal District ruling against them for either side.

Now the question, how do we mount a challenge without having someone violate the law?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Quoted from TEXT
    I was thinking more in spirit of the thread title, FFL's duty to inform firearm owners before marking up their art work.

But as pointed out, MD is not included, "The Song Remains the Same".

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Who would have the audacity to challenge such a common sense law?

Aren't we used-to, and okee-dokee with the idjits in Annapolis making us common criminals on a daily basis?

Consider the fact that most of them cannot construct a basic sentence, and are merely forwarding bills that are handed to them by Bloomberg, Soros and the like.

I do not know if we will EVER have as good a chance at stopping this over-reach as we have right now.

There are, apparently, a few judges who can read. Even a Clinton appointee who accedes to the intent of 2A and its breadth "back when".

So how do we get this party started?

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    80% Serializing at the Frederick, MD Gun Show Nov 12-13
    HQL + Wear and Carry Classes also available (see below)

Hello everyone, I'm an FFL manufacturer and firearms instructor. I will be laser engraving ATF/MSP compliant serial numbers on 80% guns at the Frederick Gun Show Nov 12-13. MSP requires all 80% firearms be marked with an ATF compliant serial number by March 1, 2023.

Frederick Fairgrounds
    797 E Patrick St
    Frederick, MD 21701

Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
    Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm

Serializing Pricing:
    1-4 guns: $45 each
    5-9 guns: $40 each
    10 or more guns: $35 each

*Bring friends and family to combine theirs for pricing. They have to come in person.
    *I accept card and cash.

*Each gun takes about 7 mins.

Please Bring:
    -Gov issued photo ID
    -Guns unloaded
    -AR’s: please remove the upper, stock can stay on.
    -Pistols: please remove the slide
    -Internals can stay on all guns, no problem.

PLEASE READ (thanks):
    *I do all serializations on Personally Manufactured Firearm (PMFs) in accordance with ATF guidelines (per ATF Rule ATF Rule 2021r-05F). These guidelines (ATF method) are the only accepted method by MSP as of Aug 24, 2022.

*MSP requires all firearms in Maryland have a serial number by Mar 1, 2023.
    *It is the customer’s responsibility on knowing whether they can legally own their firearms.
    *MSP does NOT require PMFs serialized the ATF way to be registered with MSP, but they do encourage it.
    *An HQL is NOT required to voluntarily register your PMFs with MSP.
    *The serial number must be engraved on a metal surface (Polymer PMFs MUST have an imbedded metal plate from the factory). I do NOT have the ability to install metal plates, nor I can serialize plates installed after the fact.
    *The first 8 digits of the serial number identify my FFL followed by a – and a unique number to that gun (can include letters).
    *Clients can pick their portion of the serial number (between 3 and 10 digits) as long as I have never used them before. You can email me your choices or tell me during our appointment.
    *NFA items: client has to wait (drop-off and pick up later are NOT an option for NFA items).
    *In my FFL Bound Book I record: name, address, county, email, phone, and gun info.
    *The record stays with me in my bound book, are NOT submitted to government database, but are subject to review by the ATF, State/Local Police upon request.

A frame or a receiver marked in this manner (ATF Method) by a manufacturer or importer need not be registered with the Maryland State Police.” -Maryland Shall Issue
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/information/privately-made-firearms-in-maryland

After your serializations, I will email you the following 4 documents for your records.
    -Copy of your PMFs record in my FFL Bound Book.
    -Copy of my FFL
    -Guide to register your PMFs with MSP if you want to. This is optional.
    -Screenshot of email I received from MSP confirming MD residents are not required to register PMFs serialized to federal standards).

HQL and Wear and Carry Classes:
    *I still have availability for my classes on Nov 19-20 and Dec 17-18.
    Wear and Carry Class Cost is $250 per student.
    HQL Class Cost: $125
    $25 discount for each guest you bring to class with you.

If you can't make it to the show, you can schedule an appointment with me at my workshop in Finksburg, MD.

Feel free to contact me with questions.

Blue Customworks

Alejandro Schubert, Owner & Artist
    P80-80% Lower Serializing (ATF/MSP Compliant)
    NFA Engraving - Custom Laser Engraving
    Custom Cerakote
    Wear and Carry, HQL Classes
    NRA Certified and MSP QHIC Certified Firearms Instructor
    FFL Type 7 Manufacturer
    info@bluecustomworks.us
    Instagram, Facebook, Gun Broker: Blue Customworks
    Website coming soon.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    Loper Machine, Harford County, no issues, will place mark were you want it (within guidlines). Reasonably priced at $45 per. Mark is minimum requirements and really not that bad. (Not bad… not withstanding the fact that we have to this to avoid prison time. :(

+1 for Loper Machining - did a great job, timely and super pleasant to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 16, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    80% Serial # Engraving at the Howard County Gun Show Dec 10 & 11

MSP requires all 80% firearms be marked with an ATF compliant serial number by March 1, 2023.

Howard County Fairgrounds
    2210 Fairgrounds Rd
    West Friendship MD

Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
    Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm

Serializing Pricing:
    1-4 guns: $45 each
    5-9 guns: $40 each
    10 or more guns: $35 each

*Bring friends and family to combine theirs for pricing. They have to come in person.
    *I accept card and cash.
    *Each gun takes about 7 mins.

Please Bring:
    -Gov issued photo ID
    -Guns unloaded
    -AR’s: please remove the upper, stock can stay on.
    -Pistols: please remove the slide
    -Internals can stay on all guns, no problem.

Feel free to contact me with questions or if you prefer to schedule an appointment.
    info@bluecustomworks.us

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom